Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SwampThing33

Confused about what the Public Service games are for?

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,212 battles

I joined last night the Public Test server and all day I have been playing Tier 6 ships where I normally play. I am at best a below average, sometimes good player. I played all day and went from co-op, random games and got prizes and containers. Low and below it appears they stay within the confines of the Public Server? Now I am trying to figure  out what benefit it is to even play there, other than playing ships I would not or do not have an interest in? Any of you long term players have any advice for this old man?

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,984 posts
9,947 battles
9 minutes ago, SwampThing33 said:

I joined last night the Public Test server and all day I have been playing Tier 6 ships where I normally play. I am at best a below average, sometimes good player. I played all day and went from co-op, random games and got prizes and containers. Low and below it appears they stay within the confines of the Public Server? Now I am trying to figure  out what benefit it is to even play there, other than playing ships I would not or do not have an interest in? Any of you long term players have any advice for this old man?

I do not play the public tests so do not recall the exact  rewards . But I do know you can look up the PTS on the game website and it will list what rewards you get on the regular game .

:Smile_honoring:

• Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
615 posts
4,912 battles

You get rewards credited to your main production account monthly. But you have to check on the main page portal for this. Its not automatically credited. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,281 posts
12,830 battles

The public test server exists to load test new features. There are some small rewards to entice people to play there, but progress made there does not count towards the main game.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,785 posts
10,159 battles
18 minutes ago, SwampThing33 said:

Thanks for running the public test server.

The benefit is that the developers get more data to test and tweak new ships, features, modules etc. 

In return, you will be given rewards on the main/live server as outlined on the PTS page - usually a collection of signal flags, but sometimes you you do particular things on the PTS that the devs want tested in particular (say, clan battles or whatever the next feature is), then you may get additional rewards on the live server. These vary, but can include the ‘elite’ dragon signal flags or premium time or etc. 

Usually, the rewards are given manually sometime soon after the PTS closes. 

All of your progress on the PTS is lost.

Personally, I’ve found a nice benefit is playing new ships, particularly high tier, to understand their strengths and weaknesses, and whether I want to grind for them. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
32 minutes ago, SwampThing33 said:

If there is a particular line of ships you want to play the test server is a great way to see what the tier 10 ships will be like when you actually get them as well.

[O_O]
Members
4,433 posts
9,620 battles

The rewards you get to keep on your account are outlined in the news feed of the game website:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/public_test_077/

XP/credits earned will not go to your main account.  Things you get from daily containers will not go to your main account.  If you happen to get a chance super container on a daily roll, you will not get to keep the contents on your main account.  The only things you will get (if earned) are announced and listed before the Public Test starts.

[TDRB]
Members
1,141 posts
4,280 battles
1 hour ago, SwampThing33 said:

As others have stated you do get a few small rewards for playing on the test server that are applied to your main account. With the upcoming 7.7 two operations have been reworked. You can try these out before they go live. Last month we were able to test Cherry Blossom. I'll do a few battles to check out the operations. 7.4, 7.5 & 7.6 had a number of changes to the game. I haven't seen all the changes being tested for 7.7 yet. If playing on the test server is worth your time is a decision only you can make.

[LHG]
Members
1,659 posts
4,932 battles
1 hour ago, SwampThing33 said:

Well, here we go ... 

1) Play one game (of any kind) on the Test Server and receive three of all normal flags (not the dragon ones) on the main test server.  One game, a whole bunch of flags.  What is not to like?  

2) Do a little bit more and you'll earn 10 premium cammos on the main server.  

Usually you can accomplish all of this is less than a hour on the test server.  Try earning that playing normal Random Battles on the live server.  

The only hitch is you have to go out and get them after the public test is done and you can do it from this link ... https://worldofwarships.com/en/userbonus/

It can take about a week after all the public tests (there are usually two test periods per update) so be patient, they'll get there eventually. 

If you want to stay longer and do more on the test server, there are usually other more substantial rewards available if you want to take the time. 

In addition, you get to play on ships you may not have access to on your main server.  Always wanted to try out the French cruisers, here's your chance, want to see the new maps before the general player population does, run that brand new operations before most people see it, well this is your chance for that as well. 

If, however, none of this appeals to you and all you are interested in doing is grinding your ships up the tech trees, then the test server isn't going to help you there.  

But free flags for one single solitary game?  Honestly, where are you going to beat that deal?

Sign in to follow this