You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

IJN DDs tiers 8-10 stats since 0.7.5

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles

Does anyone have stats of IJN DDs from after 0.7.5 release compared to previous stats to determine how the addition of all the new radar ships have effected these ships?

Honestly,  I tried everything with my Shima but unless I play from 12+ kl away I'm detected by radar non stop. It's beyond ridiculous. The few times I've been at a safe distance, a German DD with hydro on the other side of an island detects me and bam! I'm dead.

I'd like to thank WG developers for wasting my time grinding IJN DDs to tier 10 along with the training of captains to make sure that the one and only defensive feature, concealment was made completely obsolete. I'm packing up and selling these ships and only playing BBs from now on. It seems obvious that devs don't play IJN DDs nor do they care.   

• Cool 2

Members
2,398 posts
7,721 battles

I finifhed my IJN DD grind during/after 0.7.5, didnt had issues playing IJN DDs, its was very fun.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,625 battles

Honestly The Shima has been the best DD for me lately yeah the radar can do you in I just don't even think about caps at all anymore think about where the radar is camping  and put torps in it

• Cool 4

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

It's been a good time to play Khabarovsk.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,588 battles
24 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Or get around the side of the enemy team and sling 20k torps at them. They're gonna be spotted anyway. Might as well give them a long run

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
339 posts
5,104 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It's always a good time to play Khabarovsk. :)

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
3 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Does anyone have stats of IJN DDs from after 0.7.5 release compared to previous stats to determine how the addition of all the new radar ships have effected these ships?

Honestly,  I tried everything with my Shima but unless I play from 12+ kl away I'm detected by radar non stop. It's beyond ridiculous. The few times I've been at a safe distance, a German DD with hydro on the other side of an island detects me and bam! I'm dead.

I'd like to thank WG developers for wasting my time grinding IJN DDs to tier 10 along with the training of captains to make sure that the one and only defensive feature, concealment was made completely obsolete. I'm packing up and selling these ships and only playing BBs from now on. It seems obvious that devs don't play IJN DDs nor do they care.   

Shima depends on a few things, your team make up and theirs, what other types of DD they have, amounts of radar and what cap everyone is going to.  Yes some times you have to play at range, and take caps when you can, spamming the f3 key on close targets to you, and a good team will support and put that ship under pressure/or kill it.

With the advent of so much radar you have to change on how you go about things, and depending on how you adapt, you can die at the start or take the win by surviving.

Damage is subjective in the shima as well, but if your there for the late game you will find you will get a lot more damage, as your biggest threats are generally gone, last night I had very little damage till the last 8 minutes, sent 3 sets of torps and instantly got 109k of damage from BB trying to push around.  The reason they were hesitant to simply push the corner hard to begin with was they knew I was in the area, and that is the effect a shima can have on red players.

By all rights the red team should of won the game as they had more health, more BB, but couldn't regain cap control, without taking the risk of a push and it cost them.

Yes you do have to sit back a bit, not always but it helps to have patience, but you have to find your rythem

Here is one of last nights game, we should of lost, but they didn't hunt me enough.

shima 1.png

shima 2.png

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

The solution is to play 13km away! Just out of range of both USN and VMF Radar! It works! I swear!

You just can't contest caps or use the faster 12km torpedoes without some generous predictive capability, or score kills as easily and thus suffer from a lower average, but hey, at least you're still concealed... :cap_tea:

Just don't go camping the A/J or 1/10 lines though. That's too far.

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles

yeah, I've had the odd good battle with 200k + damage but it's the exception these days. My playstyle isn't sitting 13km away and firing 15 torps hoping something will hit. Instead, I chose the IJN DDs because it suits my style of hunting and getting close to the enemy without detection. Again, if I would have known WG was going to add so many additional radar ships in addition to the exiting ones and the German DDs with hydro, I would have grinded the Russian or German DD line as a gunboat.

IJN DDs are currently defenseless. They can now be detected by radar Cruisers and BB (Missouri), Hydro, DDs with hydro, and planes (that will follow it around for an entire minute +. It can be detected behind islands with radar or hydro. It can be detected behind an island at close range by any ship. Once it's detected it's lifespan is about 30 seconds. 

This totally changed the dynamic of the game. For every player who says it doesn't there are at least 10 who agree with me.