Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Low tier weekend

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,459 posts
12,332 battles

As someone who has been playing the game for a couple of years, and now have over 100 ships in port, sometimes difficult to decide what to play.  Spend most of my time tier 6 to 10, so have a lot of ships who never get out of port.  Have fourteen tier 2 to 4 ships that I have not really played in awhile.   Good tech tree ships (Clemson, Izyaslav) that I kept because they were fun to play and competitive in their tier, good premiums (Cambeltown, König Albert, Smith) that I bought with doubloons as trainers, free ships ( Vampire, Katori, Tachibana Lima, Emden), and a bunch of others that I got through X-mas containers or bought at a steep discount.  A lot of pretty interesting ships that have been virtually rusting for quite a while.  Have not sold any since they are not worth much, or the fear the I would get them back in a container at the expense of something more valuable.

So, this weekend, to shake the rust off this ships, going to be a low tier only weekend for me.  Re-experience some great lower-tier ships, or get reacquainted  with some ships that were bad and sitting in port for a reason. Put the grinding and credit, experience production aside and just try to enjoy some low tier games.

• Cool 3

Members
1,150 posts
3,141 battles

I have 3 non premium and about 6 premium ships I actively play (or own for that matter, that's all I have). If I want to play a DD I have Gearing, Akizuki, Anshan, and Tachibana, for cruiser I have Atago (no upgrades since I sold them), for battleships I have Yamato, Scharnhorst, Warspite, and Alabama (warspite, Alabama, and Scharnhorst don't have modules either). It's easy to pick a ship when you don't have many choices. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,548 battles

Great Idea. Would be really fun if WG had a low tier weekend. Bunch of missions tier 4 and lower.

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,848 battles

I do this when divving with new players to help them up the tiers. 

Must say the vanpire and a cheesy 19 point captain with IFHE in a Varyag is always fun!

[WOLF9]
Members
3,248 posts

Hmmm.   It could be fun to take St Louis, Wyoming, etc out again!   Not to mention finally finishing up grinding G-101, lol.     I have 152 ships in port, and STILL have 16 empty port slots.   There are at least two grinds nearing completion in addition to the G-101: Buffalo and Gneisenau.

Thus, there are a TON of ships not getting any play.   Lately, Gneisenau; Buffalo; Montana; Queen Elizabeth; Baltimore and Cleveland have gotten all the play time.

[O_O]
Members
4,418 posts
9,575 battles

I figured the noob mistakes of torping friendlies and having no clue about objectives would wane in the low tiers as the game aged.

Recent forays with Clemson have proven I was incorrect. 

If you play T4 and under, watch your back for green torps.  Also be prepared for 4-5 ships to run away from needed caps to the far corners of the globe to shoot at a shiny carrier.  I don't know why they do this.

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,663 battles
1 hour ago, Panzer1113 said:

As someone who has been playing the game for a couple of years, and now have over 100 ships in port, sometimes difficult to decide what to play.  Spend most of my time tier 6 to 10, so have a lot of ships who never get out of port.  Have fourteen tier 2 to 4 ships that I have not really played in awhile.   Good tech tree ships (Clemson, Izyaslav) that I kept because they were fun to play and competitive in their tier, good premiums (Cambeltown, König Albert, Smith) that I bought with doubloons as trainers, free ships ( Vampire, Katori, Tachibana Lima, Emden), and a bunch of others that I got through X-mas containers or bought at a steep discount.  A lot of pretty interesting ships that have been virtually rusting for quite a while.  Have not sold any since they are not worth much, or the fear the I would get them back in a container at the expense of something more valuable.

So, this weekend, to shake the rust off this ships, going to be a low tier only weekend for me.  Re-experience some great lower-tier ships, or get reacquainted  with some ships that were bad and sitting in port for a reason. Put the grinding and credit, experience production aside and just try to enjoy some low tier games.

Clemson still gets a lot of play from me, as does Vampire...I love that style of DD play, and while I enjoy the challenge radar brings to high-tiers, sometimes I just want to play balls-to-the-wall aggressive DD play in a way that is much less survivable in higher tiers now. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,248 posts
7 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Clemson still gets a lot of play from me, as does Vampire...I love that style of DD play, and while I enjoy the challenge radar brings to high-tiers, sometimes I just want to play balls-to-the-wall aggressive DD play in a way that is much less survivable in higher tiers now. 

Definitely!   I can get away with stuff all day long in Wickes that would get me curbstomped in Benson with the quickness, lol.

[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,293 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I figured the noob mistakes of torping friendlies and having no clue about objectives would wane in the low tiers as the game aged.

Recent forays with Clemson have proven I was incorrect. 

If you play T4 and under, watch your back for green torps.  Also be prepared for 4-5 ships to run away from needed caps to the far corners of the globe to shoot at a shiny carrier.  I don't know why they do this.

And thats diff from higher teirs how? I've had to dodge so many green torps today I started wondering if I looked red to my team.

Sign in to follow this