You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

A New Bug Discovered

7 comments in this topic

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,515 battles

Gentlemen

I have just been given a notice that I have given up too early in the game. For example "Un-sportsmanlike Conduct"

My legitimate gripe is that I had no control over the PC freezing-up and the battle had continued, while all I could do is sit there and watch the progress of the battle go by

and not be able to un-freeze it.  In a minute or two, my ship had gotten hit and blew up in front of me. So, I pressed "ESC" and left. No other button could get me out.

The screen did not go through it's path to the port as usual. My game just quit and nothing I could do would bring it back to allow me to make corrections.

Perhaps what should happen is for someone to interject just after the battle with a note that says "could you tell us just what happened so we can understand what to do"

(maybe in my behalf) instead of giving (that person)  notice that they did something uncooperative. Twice now something has happend beyond my control and I've been given

a notice. Something is definitely wrong with part of the system.

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles

Reset button is your friend, or hold the power button in for five seconds. Failing that, pull the power cord out of the back.

Then restart your computer, restart WoWs. Log back in. Straight back into the battle you will go.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,515 battles

I have never seen a Reset Button or even a Start Button. When the PC freezes and no button on the keyboard is active, where am I going to find these two buttons

to do what you say ??  Even with your suggestion, is it believed to fix my problem (or anyone else's) and a penalty notice will never come across my screen, right ??

I am beginning to wonder about why some of these rules exist.  Myself included, many of the players/commanders with this game only want to have fun and not be

"over-structured"  while playing.  The more mistakes we make, the more difficult it will be to continue with the feeling of freedom to fight with fun when a penalty

occurs. Soon, we are banned.  What's the point of that ?? It's just a game with tons of innocent people ?!?!?!?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2 posts

You may be experience the same thing I have been for a couple of weeks now. The UI and camera will suddenly freeze in place while your ship continues to move one. You can still control the ship but camera is stuck in place. If you try to exit the game it won't let you, you'll to manually end the program by using ctrl+alt+delete and ending the process.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,515 battles

My point exactly. However, my part of the battle froze with the ship, the battle goes on, I'm hearing all of it and now how do I get back ?

I can't. So, Ctrl+Alt+Del is all that's left. Stops the entire game. Now I've been hit with "Leaving the game too early."

Hhmmmmmm. . . . .

AND BTW - the button below here that says "Notify Me of Replies"  does not work. I've never gotten a notice since I've turned it on.

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,284 battles
On 7/13/2018 at 5:29 AM, Col_Calibre said:

I have never seen a Reset Button or even a Start Button. When the PC freezes and no button on the keyboard is active, where am I going to find these two buttons

to do what you say ??  Even with your suggestion, is it believed to fix my problem (or anyone else's) and a penalty notice will never come across my screen, right ??

I am beginning to wonder about why some of these rules exist.  Myself included, many of the players/commanders with this game only want to have fun and not be

"over-structured"  while playing.  The more mistakes we make, the more difficult it will be to continue with the feeling of freedom to fight with fun when a penalty

occurs. Soon, we are banned.  What's the point of that ?? It's just a game with tons of innocent people ?!?!?!?

Some people should not be allowed to own computers...the "POWER" button to turn on the computer....HOLD IT IN until  your computer shuts OFF...Push "POWER" again to turn it back on.

Image result for forrest gump power on computer

Edited by C_D

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, Col_Calibre said:

My legitimate gripe is that I had no control over the PC freezing-up and the battle had continued, while all I could do is sit there and watch the progress of the battle go by

Reboot (or disconnect if you have control) and come back.  If you can get back in before the battle ends, there will be no penalty.