Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

New Ability idea Anti Radar

32 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I got some grape jam I could through at it

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,907 battles

Brought up before.   Not a good idea.    DDs have concealment.  They have smoke.   A counter is radar.  So this is a counter to a counter.   At that point it just sounds like who has the better gimmick.    I prefer to stay around 10km let the guy blow his radar.  Soon as it end move in and keep him spotted.   Skill > counter

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
498 posts
6,560 battles

Nah its more like this:

the-radar-is-jammed-o.gif.276b16570cbd0b5c8bcb33a76f4003f6.gif

Edit: Ah man J30, you had the same idea ;)

• Cool 1

Members
471 posts
12,478 battles

I am about as anti radar as they come.

Even I am getting very tired of these threads.

I ask wargaming to make a decision. Tell us to like it or lump it, and we move on.

I am longing for the days where all everyone complained about was submarines.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I am about as anti radar as they come.

Even I am getting very tired of these threads.

I ask wargaming to make a decision. Tell us to like it or lump it, and we move on.

I am longing for the days where all everyone complained about was submarines.

cijJX4B.jpg

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

What if ships could have the ability to jam their position when they get radar? 

oN4LIhF.jpg

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles

Radar doesnt really need a counter. DDs already have stealth and smoke on their side, the latter of which can conceal even more ships. The counter to that is Radar. 
Very few ships pose a very significant Radar threat to DDs, which is Worcester/Minotaur and Chapayev, both of which have detection ranges lower than their Radar ranges. Everything else is spotted before you move into their Radar range, which gives you a chance to slow down, turn, and disengage. A good DD player will have no issues dealing with Radar, not as a T6 DD vs a T8, or a T8 DD vs a T10. A bit annoying, sure, but not really a problem.
Being a DD main myself, Radar is not a huge threat. If you'd like I'll be more than willing to help you out with your counter-Radar DD play or your DD play in general. If you dont want my help then you can join a competitive clan and from there learn all sorts of things not just limited to DD play.

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles

Devs said recently they're looking into some kind of radar counter.

" WG says they are talking about a radar "counter measure" internally"

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

So let me get this straight.

WG nerfs OWSF, says okay well lets give DD's smoke to compensate.

Then they give everyone radar because there's too much smoke going on. Mmkay.

Now they want to possibly introduce radar jamming?

Nerf, Bandid, Nerf, Bandaid, Nerf....

https://www.amazon.com/Swallowed-Parents-Magazine-Reading-Original/dp/0819310697

WG you could learn from Golly Gump. He swallows a fly yawning and then has the idea to swallow a spider to get the fly, and then a bird to eat the spider, a cat to eat the bird and so on.

Sound familiar?

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

So let me get this straight.

WG nerfs OWSF, says okay well lets give DD's smoke to compensate.

Then they give everyone radar because there's too much smoke going on. Mmkay.

Now they want to possibly introduce radar jamming?

Nerf, Bandid, Nerf, Bandaid, Nerf....

https://www.amazon.com/Swallowed-Parents-Magazine-Reading-Original/dp/0819310697

WG you could learn from Golly Gump. He swallows a fly yawning and then has the idea to swallow a spider to get the fly, and then a bird to eat the spider, a cat to eat the bird and so on.

Sound familiar?

Smoke has been in the game since the beginning.  DDs weren't even the real abusers of OWSF, it was cruisers that could do it.  The Belfast could OWSF, who ever thought that was balanced should have lost their job. 

If WG ends up introducing a radar counter it will be very short duration, probably 5-10 seconds with only one or two charges.  DDs will likely have to give up smoke for this consumable and that would be a net nerf for many DDs.

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Smoke has been in the game since the beginning.  DDs weren't even the real abusers of OWSF, it was cruisers that could do it.  The Belfast could OWSF, who ever thought that was balanced should have lost their job. 

If WG ends up introducing a radar counter it will be very short duration, probably 5-10 seconds with only one or two charges.  DDs will likely have to give up smoke for this consumable and that would be a net nerf for many DDs.

I guess what i'm trying to say is: When will they stop with the madness of bad fix on top of bad fix?

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I guess what i'm trying to say is: When will they stop with the madness of bad fix on top of bad fix?

When the game finally goes belly up.  Until than we'll see them at an ever increasing rate.

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

Stacking Band-Aids on top of Band-Aids doesn't help the wound heal any better.

This gimmick/counter gimmick/counter-counter gimmick stupidity needs to come to a screeching halt.  Otherwise, it's going to make it that much easier to migrate over to that "other" naval element that will soon go public...

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
3 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

What if ships could have the ability to jam their position when they get radar? 

EnchantingExaltedGeese-max-1mb.gifColorfulAcceptableBullmastiff-max-1mb.gi

WG already said they were looking at an anti-radar consumable. I think radar is [edited]broken in its current implementation, both mechanically and in its proliferation, in addition to the lack of being accounted for in match making. But, that's a terrible idea. If I wanted to play some kind of ARPG with 29038092834 consumables I would play that instead; too much [edited]micro is one of the many reasons why CVs suck.

Edited by w4spl3g

Members
2,291 posts
4,122 battles
3 hours ago, deresistance said:

Brought up before.   Not a good idea.    DDs have concealment.  They have smoke.   A counter is radar.  So this is a counter to a counter.   At that point it just sounds like who has the better gimmick.    I prefer to stay around 10km let the guy blow his radar.  Soon as it end move in and keep him spotted.   Skill > counter

Well said.

A skill counter is always perferable to a push button counter.

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles
13 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

A skill counter is always perferable to a push button counter.

Agree 100%

Unfortunately, some think that WoWS needs to be more like Star Trek Online where ship combat is just pressing 40, 50, or more keys for buffs, debuffs, counter debuffs, alternate buff/debuff, etc ad nauseam...

Edited by Kuckoo

[H_]
Members
796 posts

Many of us are not playing Tier 9 and Tier 10 anymore....   Not value added to do so.  Radar as implemented is a disruptive technology; decades beyond the 1940's.....  The only counter to radar is an anti-radiation missile...  Jamming is illogical because a DD would have to give up smoke (the cause some say of radar) and lose one of their basic skills !!! 

We are losing "roles"  that were absolute requirements of this era.  No roles and the games becomes "just another FPS"....  I

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

Otherwise, it's going to make it that much easier to migrate over to that "other" naval element that will soon go public...

If that other game was public now WoWs would lose a big chunk of its DD players.  I wouldn't have even given that other game a second though before, now I can't wait for it to go live and give it a shot. 

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

If that other game was public now WoWs would lose a big chunk of its DD players.  I wouldn't have even given that other game a second though before, now I can't wait for it to go live and give it a shot. 

I went to check it as soon as I saw the Flamuu video, but CLOSED Beta so yea :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,688 battles
3 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

I got some grape jam I could through at it

I thank you for having the curtsey to not use raspberry :Smile_honoring:

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,907 battles

This happens every release you see a huge influx in playing of a specific class.  So don't get to worried. I am already seeing less radar as things normalize.    What we do NOT want is big huge changes.   You want slow tested changes.    WG seems to be listening to the community and it observes stats closely.    Yes they screw up but this will never be "perfect".    Other then maybe Star Craft there are so few perfectly balanced games.    And unlike most of those games there are hundreds of ships.   Just give good feed back and let things play out for a bit.     its ok to not play a DD for a while switch to something else.   The lack of DDs is great.  I take a torp boat and have free reign honestly. 

Sign in to follow this