Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Frost75

"Welcome Back" challenge glitch?

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
588 battles

Hello! After taking an extended break from World of Warships I decided to get back into the game and play a couple rounds. After seeing in the challenges that I could receive a premium ship for playing quite a few matches I set out to earn myself the ship. The only problem is that the ship was USS Texas, which I already own. I assumed that if I completed the challenge perhaps I would be rewarded the gold equivalent of the ships value or something of the sort. Upon completing the challenge however, I was rewarded with just the Captain and a port slot. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have been given gold equivalent or perhaps wasn't supposed to get a challenge for a ship I already own or if it is just the game working as intended. I thought it be best that I at least bring it up here.

Was I supposed to get a challenge for a ship I own? Was I supposed to be rewarded the gold equivalent for the reward ship? Or is this just the game working as intended?
Thanks in advance for any help!  

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,943 battles

First, welcome back. 

WG changed the compensation for premium ships a couple months ago.  If you receive a premium ship that you already own because of a contest/challenge or similar means in which you didn't spend actual money, you will receive in game credits (i.e. silver) for the ship.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
2,999 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

First, welcome back. 

WG changed the compensation for premium ships a couple months ago.  If you receive a premium ship that you already own because of a contest/challenge or similar means in which you didn't spend actual money, you will receive in game credits (i.e. silver) for the ship.

As far as I know it’s been that way since... well ever. I can’t recall ever getting doubloons for a ship earned. (Exception is SC but those aren’t earned)

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,943 battles
8 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

As far as I know it’s been that way since... well ever. I can’t recall ever getting doubloons for a ship earned. (Exception is SC but those aren’t earned)

I could be mis-remembering, but I could have sworn I got doubloons for the Duke of York after completing the Battle of North Cape campaign.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I could be mis-remembering, but I could have sworn I got doubloons for the Duke of York after completing the Battle of North Cape campaign.

Nope, they have never given doubloons for finishing ship missions for ships you already own. They do still give doubloons if you win a ship in a contest if you already own it. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,943 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

46 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Nope, they have never given doubloons for finishing ship missions for ships you already own. They do still give doubloons if you win a ship in a contest if you already own it. 

Thanks for setting me straight.  Memory ain't what it used to be. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this