You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Now that WOWS is nerfing all my best ships, I'm done.

103 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

First, they nerfed the Orion. Now according to Notser, they will nerf the Emile Bertin and basically destroy the Alsace. There are more ships to be nerfed.

I stopped playing the Orion a month after its nerf. It was no longer the same ship no matter how hard I tried to pretend otherwise.

As a result, I think I'm done with WOWS.  :etc_red_button:

Besides, my Premium account expires tomorrow and I don't feel like renewing it at $57 for 6 months.  I might have done so if they weren't nerfing my faves.

You guys and gals have been like family to me over the past two years since I first installed the game on Aug 4th, 2016.

Now I wish to bid you all a fondué. This goes double for my German buddy joey.

Vaya con Dios, amigos & amigettas!

:Smile_child:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Hey look it's another "I'm quitting the game!" thread!

:cap_cool:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,310 battles

Goodbye, thanks for all your contributions and for helping fund the game.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
723 posts
63 battles

Honestly instead of creeping everything up WG needs to reset the baseline for everything as the British destroyer line is released. However that will probably never happen due to the fact it would hit premiums as well. :cap_popcorn:

• Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,146 posts
9,228 battles

You are free to quit the game, but don't quit the forum man... 

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Members
36 posts
3,590 battles

Maybe find other ships that aren’t sealclubbers to play *shrugs*. This game isn’t about playing t4 or t5 to pad stats. It’s about grinding to that t10 at the end of the line. Sure the Alsace nerf is going to change a lot, but it’s needed for the purpose of balance as this is a multiplayer game. I recently got Alsace myself and it is a monster with 12 shells in the air at once. Sure t9 is a tier with a lot to be desired from the non premiums but it’s designed that way to get you to purchase doubloons and free exp to the t10. If you have no intention of doing anything but sealclubbing, I wish you a sour farewell so t5 beginners don’t have to deal with you.

• Bad 4

[CAPGO]
Members
524 posts
3,313 battles

really? you are quitting because they are nerfing literally 3 or 4 ships?

• Funny 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

have you heard the news they're nerfing germans bbs?

• Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

My Destroyers got nerfed, I ended up playing better. Pretty sure my BBs got nerfed but I don't care because I didn't notice anything.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles

So all of your best ships were overpowered ships? Maybe that's why they were your best ships? 

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
19 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

First, they nerfed the Orion. Now according to Notser, they will nerf the Emile Bertin and basically destroy the Alsace. There are more ships to be nerfed.

I stopped playing the Orion a month after its nerf. It was no longer the same ship no matter how hard I tried to pretend otherwise.

Besides, my Premium account expires tomorrow and I don't feel like renewing it at $57 for 6 months.  I might have done so if they weren't nerfing my faves.

You guys and gals have been like family to me over the past two years since I first installed the game on Aug 4th, 2016.

Another good bye thread boohoo bye now.

Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

• Funny 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
9 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

have you heard the news they're nerfing germans bbs?

I was so excited when I first got the Biz and Tirp at Xmas of 2016 and then to my horror discovered that in 9 out of 10 games they were up against T10s.  Considering how crappy their 15 inchers are to begin with, matching them against T10s was simply sadistic.

So it's a great idea to nerf them yet again.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I was so excited when I first got the Biz and Tirp at Xmas of 2016 and then to my horror discovered that in 9 out of 10 games they were up against T10s.  Considering how crappy their 15 inchers are to begin with, matching them against T10s was simply sadistic.

So it's a great idea to nerf them yet again.

Its obvious you don't really know did not how to play them properly.  Bismarck and Tirpitz are both great ships.  They ARE NOT snipers.  They are brawlers.

Edited by torpsRus
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
15 minutes ago, IvarTheBrainless said:

Maybe find other ships that aren’t sealclubbers to play *shrugs*. This game isn’t about playing t4 or t5 to pad stats. It’s about grinding to that t10 at the end of the line. Sure the Alsace nerf is going to change a lot, but it’s needed for the purpose of balance as this is a multiplayer game. I recently got Alsace myself and it is a monster with 12 shells in the air at once. Sure t9 is a tier with a lot to be desired from the non premiums but it’s designed that way to get you to purchase doubloons and free exp to the t10. If you have no intention of doing anything but sealclubbing, I wish you a sour farewell so t5 beginners don’t have to deal with you.

For me, the game is about fun.

Where's da pfun, I hear you axe?

In the midtiers: 4 to 7.

T10 is a snorefest.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I thought you were quitting last time.

Did the EU server reject you?

Are you for real leaving the Game?

I know its not April is there another month that has like in April?

Or  is it like that Bratty Kid when confronted with his highjinx "I'm just foolin"

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
42 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Well then, I guess we will see you, next week? I quit once too, but then I gained a lot of weight, so I started back up in a few days. We were talking about smoking right?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,648 battles

This isn't your office, no one expects you to announce when you leave. And your complaint basically boils down to "I play only OP ships and now that they are balancing them I quit waaaaahhhhh!" please, don't let the door hit you on the way out. But you'll be back, unfortunately; you've announced you're quitting before. Anyone who advertises themselves as part of the Royal Navy of Kekistan probably should go play My Little Pony instead, but we get the worst of both worlds; we are stuck with you as you won't actually quit, but we get to read your "I'M LEABING WAAAAHHHH!!!!!" threads every other month. 

I have over 200 battles in Alsace. I <3 Alsace. She's my 2nd favorite BB. But, she needed a nerf. I enjoy having an OP ship as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy a balanced game. Alsace wasn't balanced. 

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
6,922 posts
7,508 battles

So, how many times have you quit the game, now?

I keeping a running tally of the serial quitters, gives me something to do during the low population hours.:fish_nerv:

• Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
4,406 posts
9,539 battles

I haven't quit at all, yet.  I guess I'm not one of the cool kids?

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,550 battles
42 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Can I have your stuff?

(Someone had to say it)

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles
44 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

...Now I wish to bid you all a fondué...

Quitting and giving us food?

Fondue is ok but tacos would be better.

As per quitting for a couple of nerfs? Ok.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts

tons of ships in the game maybe you can find others you like

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles

I don't know why people make these threads.  Don't they realize that it's putting a big red target on their back?  Nothing brings out snarky (insert expletive of your choice) like an "I quit" post.