You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

How do you play Fubuki?

12 comments in this topic

Members
267 posts
4,732 battles

I just got Fubuki and before upgrades my torpedo range was 6.0 km. I was thinking that even after upgrades the torpedo range remained at 6.0 km, played 3 games and deleted soon, then I realized that torpedo range is 10.0 km! That is great!. I noticed that guns rotate slow and 8.0 seconds to reload is not great so I need to ask you how do you play Fubuki to do my best with this destroyer.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
13 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

I just got Fubuki and before upgrades my torpedo range was 6.0 km. I was thinking that even after upgrades the torpedo range remained at 6.0 km, played 3 games and deleted soon, then I realized that torpedo range is 10.0 km! That is great!. I noticed that guns rotate slow and 8.0 seconds to reload is not great so I need to ask you how do you play Fubuki to do my best with this destroyer.

Lol you play it very very carefully.  Fubuki is the worst tier 6 destroyer I've ever played.  It was actually better at tier 7. Stealth is the way to go.  Sneak in and try to use torps.  The Fubuki IS NOT A GUN SHIP.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,691 battles

Fubuki is a typical IJN stealth DD. It relies on concealment and long range torps. Guns are decent but rate of fire and turret rotation is not, as with most IJN DDs in lower tiers., so use sparingly.

It is a powerful ship, with three torpedo launchers (uncommon), and benefits from lower tiers as not having to fight radars too often.

I like mine though it is not the best DD at the tier.

[B2P]
Members
511 posts
13,612 battles

You have to play Fubuki like a ninja!  Try your best to stay concealed, stealth torp, spot and only use your guns to finish off opponents.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

Step 1: Sneak around, spotting enemies or contesting cap

Step 2: Flank, launch torp wall

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit.

Step 5: Repeat.

Step 6: Profit again.

In all seriousness, Fubuki is an ninja. She can’t gun down most ships unless you want to sink. But she has 3 triple torpedo launchers which make for a good wall of skill. Launch torps at a group of enemies and profit. If you are spotted, disengage.

Members
267 posts
4,732 battles

I see a lot of negativity with this ship (in a quick google search) but 10.0 km range of torps is just amazing for me. I love Minekaze, mostly because I have concealment skill (5.6 km detection range) but 7.0 km of torp range is sometimes tough for me.

Edited by Avrova1904

Members
45 posts
4,246 battles

Only use your guns to finish off a boat low on HP, or to get someones attention.  The shell arcs are great compared to US but slow turrets and reload are draw backs.  Play as a stealthy torp boat.  I don't contest caps with it because of lack of guns.  All other DDs will murder you with  shell fire in a gunfight.  I like to play on the flanks and use torps to snipe at unaware ships.  It is worth it to FXP B hull and torp upgrades IMHO.

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,518 battles

Fubuki is border line Overpowered at T6.

3x3 torps with that reload at T6 is just amazing.   (Remember Fubuki used to be T8 with 3x3 Torp tubes)

The amount of damage you can get outa of this ship is just crazy.

image.thumb.png.2c352a61ec54ee3fb277df64f12d6504.png

Great Concealment, Great Torps, Guns arent terrible.   (I used Mod to fix turret rotation on this thing)

Members
267 posts
4,732 battles

I think I am getting the clue to play Fubuki, the only recurrent nightmare is when another destroyer detects you, usually happens to me while I am exiting from an island. Happened to me the last game, I couldn't survive because I have seen a Farragut at the same time the Farragut saw me, at 5.6 km, Farragut destroyed me. Any advice to prevent this?

[WORX]
Members
1,816 posts
12,861 battles
7 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

I couldn't survive because I have seen a Farragut at the same time the Farragut saw me, at 5.6 km, Farragut destroyed me. Any advice to prevent this?

Hug your rapid fire American cruiser especially in matches of 3 gun DDs and up. You alone well you can;t do anything about it.

[SYN]
Members
546 posts
6,157 battles
On 7/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, Avrova1904 said:

I think I am getting the clue to play Fubuki, the only recurrent nightmare is when another destroyer detects you, usually happens to me while I am exiting from an island. Happened to me the last game, I couldn't survive because I have seen a Farragut at the same time the Farragut saw me, at 5.6 km, Farragut destroyed me. Any advice to prevent this?

Concealment expert and move obliquely to the line of attack. (Stay in open waters)

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,518 battles
On 7/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Hug your rapid fire American cruiser especially in matches of 3 gun DDs and up. You alone well you can;t do anything about it.

Use your smoke for Defense only.   You do not need it unless your using it to drop spot.   The higher tier IJN DD's can fend off the others good enough with guns, lower ones not as much.