Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Positive Karma Challenge - WoWs, now with less SALT!

17 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
240 posts
3,562 battles

How many times do you report people for bad behavior, playing poorly, afk, etc in an average gaming session?  1 time every couple games maybe?  Makes sense considering how obvious these things are.  Many people who play a decent session are probably blowing through all their reports for negative behavior, and are totally justified.

How many times do you report people for being good sports, or playing well or having a great game, or doing what it takes to help the team despite their stats suffering?  Probably not as many and that too, is justifiable.  it is a lot harder to see this, as these people are not generally going to brag about it.

The Challenge To You!

This isn't a contest, it's a personal challenge for you.  Every game you play (up to 7 I guess), hand out 1 compliment.  Low tier guy did really well?  Give him a "plays well".  Guy kindly tried to direct the team to a plan or worked really well with someone else?  "Good Manners".

Working together, we can maybe turn the community around a little, encouraging good behavior instead of just focusing on punishing bad behavior.  who knows, maybe someday we will be able to go an entire gaming session without someone going off the rails?  One can dream.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BNKR]
Members
417 posts
2,506 battles

I always try to hand out my compliments before I run out of reports.

Some nights that's easier said than done. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

hell I gave 3 last night to the the 3 DDs in a T9 match who were left after I got deleted and went on to win the match all three played exceptionally well to their strengths manged to cap and recap repeatedly all while harassing and sinking most of the surviving red team while only losing one more DD. I was supper glad I stayed and watched as it was inspiring.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I use my daily Karma on the first team that gets 5 stars in the weekly operation and what's left on the next 5 stars, starting from the top.

Members
4,826 posts
5,596 battles

I actually hand out way more compliments than reports if I even bother to use the karma system.

I'll give players that helped secure a flank, or just played well in general a 'plays well'. If a player does something that turns the tide of a game or saves the team from a loss - plays well.

It generally takes quite the character to get me to report, and even then it's only when an individual is being quite vulgar in chat. If someone is attacking an individual in chat or is spewing hate speech of some sort, then they get the 'misbehavior in chat' report. I generally don't report for AFK or plays poorly though. The former has too many variables where I don't feel it's a good type of 'report' as the player could have just crashed the game didn't load for them. The latter is too subjective. Actually, I only report for poor play if the player announces they'll do something that is deliberately 'poor play' - such as a CV saying he's shelving his planes after losing a whole strike wing, then proceeds to do so - then they follow up with it. Basically anything that sabotages the match, but only if the player announces that they intend to do so for that purpose.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

I always give out more compliments than reports.  I don't like toxic chat any more than the next guy and I like to lighten things up.  However, yesterday I did downvote the Massachusetts player who tried to call out a Belfast as a "PTW  ****".  I guess the irony was lost on the Massachusetts captain.  

• Funny 1

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,418 battles

I must confess that I am rather niggardly with compliments & complaints. If an individual is especially pleasant/funny I will give them an upvote. If they are especially toxic they get a down vote. Everything in between is just expected. 

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
4 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I must confess that I am rather niggardly with compliments & complaints. If an individual is especially pleasant/funny I will give them an upvote. If they are especially toxic they get a down vote. Everything in between is just expected. 

Americans who do not know this word being trigger in 3,2,1...

Edited by Anesjka

[RST]
[RST]
Members
171 posts
14,927 battles

I only mark complaints when it is fairly justified. Such if I person requests a reporting of someone? I would have to look at the chat log or game play for proof. I don't blindly report for the blindly reporting. I had a guild member make an open request to report a person for AFK. Only for the reason the person has not moved in the first 1min and half. I ended up letting the person know that there are more than one reason a person does not load in the first 2 min (Been apart of some of those reasons). At best I only report 4 - 5 a week. 

So as for compliments. I hand them out to players that have done well in the game. If their playing help stem the tide of the game. Kraken unleashed (Not all the time) for the amount of awards they got in the game. For being a good player in chat. Also if it helps to build confidence in other players too.  I usually run out of compliments on a good day. Giving about 20-40 a week. 

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles
5 minutes ago, Anesjka said:

Americans who do not know this word being trigger in 3,2,1...

Oh, come on.  Any literate person knows what it means.  

[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Oh, come on.  Any literate person knows what it means.  

I stress the key focus of this.

But we digress...

I am normally out of my Report in first 5 matches, because of just amount of little boy and poor team play or some ship who do not move and chat instead.
I hand out compliment for excellent play or courteous player.

If player doing they job, do not compliment this.
If play go above and beyond with play... Molim te primi to kao dar !

Is very few and far between to see a good player do great things.

Edited by Anesjka

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles

When I run out of reports its time to stop playing. 

Sadly I rarely run out of Compliments. 

[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles

The common rule "to each, their own" applies here. 

Do the frak whatever you want.    

Personally, I rarely give a neg-rep.   99% of my karma is +1, to both green and red players.     I determine what constitutes a +1, whether it be good play, kraken, teamwork, an o7, social message, whatever.     My neg-reps are usually reserved from someone being abusive in chat.    AFK's don't get one.  CVs don't get one.   Folks that potato don't get one.

But for others, they could only wish for more neg-reps to give out.

Don't need the Morality and Manners police dictating how we should play.   

Be the good saint if you'd like.  Be the good sport if you'd like.   Be the king of neg-reps if you'd like.   Be sweet or salty - your choice (but not necessarily ours)

[LANCE]
Members
309 posts
3,258 battles

I use all my + karma points nearly every gaming session. I’ll do it for the reds as well as the greens on games I think someone played very well! The - karma points I use VERY rarely unless someone is just a complete [edited] nozzle and that tends to be for chat offenses to the team :cap_like:

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I have over 140 Karma. If my team plays great and/or follows my orders... advise, I tell them and I give them all karma. If my team is legit horrible, as in there are 3 enemy caps and my entire team is hiding behind a island, I report everyone unless someone gives me a reasonable explanation on what they did. Then I will give them two compliments in exchange for my one report.

[WOSV]
Members
331 posts
2,215 battles

Typically, I don't report people often. Though I've found myself doing it a bit more often since playing CV. Example: a potato Yorck that sat sideways on to a Kiev in a smokescreen (that was chasing and harassing me in my Essex) and didn't go and kill him. Like, at all. A german CA with hydro that did jack-diddly to a sub-50% health russian destroyer. Subsequently, I had to run away from him, and found myself running face-first into a cleveland, and subsequently died. I wasn't the only one not pleased with his poor play. 

There was also a Kiev on one of my teams that left me to die to a Kidd in my CV. He was also reported for poor play.

On average, maybe one report every 5 or 10 battles. It's not super often.

Sign in to follow this