Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ombromondo

Third Season: No new good for the Clan Battle !!

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

16
[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
16,077 battles

Hello Everyone.

I would like to understand something here. Because from when clan battles have started a good number of players have not been able to attend because of the schedule for clan battles. 
Before we delve into this, in order to have a clan it is necessary to buy the clan by using doubloons; which are in reality real money (because you acquire them using real money). So, the following question would be: If I have to pay for a clan, and since I don’t have the possibility to do clan battles because of scheduling issues, why did I even pay for the clan? What sense does it have to have a clan at this point?
The question about the clan battle schedule isn’t new. Even from the first season many players have described their issues on the forum and also to the WG support team to identify that the schedule is a problem for a lot of players.
Then, the same responses always come back from WG: 
•    We are sorry to hear that you had problems with clan battles. We understand the difficulty this puts in you in, but in the next season we will make it easier with the clan battle schedule. This was the first season and we had some problems with organizing. 
•    We are working on this so that the next season won’t have these problems.
Then, in the second season there were the same scheduling issues and the same questions arose. When can you fix the scheduling issues?
I, as I imagine many others have done, have sent evidence of the scheduling problems. It would seem as though WG does not listen e decides to go full steam ahead with their plans and act as though the players don’t exist.
Now, as I have said many times before, World of Warships is a great game. I just find it difficult to understand why it is so hard for the WG staff to (after I have bought my clan, organized it by finding players and trying to institute training rooms etc)  not give us the possibility to participate when a new season comes around. 
What do you guys suggest? What do you think could resolve to the problem to allow us to have fun with clan battles in any time we would like (Like a 24/7 clan battle season).
WG, could you tell us what the problem is, so that we can give you some feedback for clan battle scheduling? 
Thank you everyone for listening and responding!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
498 posts
6,543 battles

WoT has tried several variations of timing for CW and each iteration had "challenges."  It is certainly true they could extend the timing on WoWS Clan battles, not certain if this is an infrastructure thing or what.  If the timing was infinite and lets say a clan based in Argentina queued its possible, in the current meta, they would sit there in a spinning room forever (no other clans in their range online / or could be too few online you end up with lopsided skilled teams).

I am uncertain (and haven't heard) if WoWS is going to a map based type of CW (like old WoT).  Some people liked this but the challenge there was timing.  Meaning that your clan had an absolute time for battle.  If you didn't show up or didn't have enough people your clan was penalized.

I guess what I am trying to say is that its a problem that WoWS needs to work through, and there will be always those who will be impacted by whatever they implement.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,412
[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

The primary benefit of a clan has always been resource discounts. Clans existed long before clan wars were created and their benefits were that everything is relatively cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,382
[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

24/7 schedule will not work on a single server due to the lack of population. This isn't anything close to how ranked battles run for instance. Now WG has stated they want to try to implement cross server clan wars but it will take time to develop that infrastructure but will enable wider times for battling.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles
42 minutes ago, Ombromondo said:

Hello Everyone.

I would like to understand something here. Because from when clan battles have started a good number of players have not been able to attend because of the schedule for clan battles. 
Before we delve into this, in order to have a clan it is necessary to buy the clan by using doubloons; which are in reality real money (because you acquire them using real money). So, the following question would be: If I have to pay for a clan, and since I don’t have the possibility to do clan battles because of scheduling issues, why did I even pay for the clan? What sense does it have to have a clan at this point?
The question about the clan battle schedule isn’t new. Even from the first season many players have described their issues on the forum and also to the WG support team to identify that the schedule is a problem for a lot of players.
Then, the same responses always come back from WG: 
•    We are sorry to hear that you had problems with clan battles. We understand the difficulty this puts in you in, but in the next season we will make it easier with the clan battle schedule. This was the first season and we had some problems with organizing. 
•    We are working on this so that the next season won’t have these problems.
Then, in the second season there were the same scheduling issues and the same questions arose. When can you fix the scheduling issues?
I, as I imagine many others have done, have sent evidence of the scheduling problems. It would seem as though WG does not listen e decides to go full steam ahead with their plans and act as though the players don’t exist.
Now, as I have said many times before, World of Warships is a great game. I just find it difficult to understand why it is so hard for the WG staff to (after I have bought my clan, organized it by finding players and trying to institute training rooms etc)  not give us the possibility to participate when a new season comes around. 
What do you guys suggest? What do you think could resolve to the problem to allow us to have fun with clan battles in any time we would like (Like a 24/7 clan battle season).
WG, could you tell us what the problem is, so that we can give you some feedback for clan battle scheduling? 
Thank you everyone for listening and responding!

Good grief they are set 4 times a week for 4 hrs each day, on the NA server....North America only has so many time zones so I do not understand what your problem is? They are set for when most working adults can be home after work during the week and on weekends ...it is weekends so naturally a bigger turnout. 24/7 is not a good idea for clan battles if you are trying to run a competition as is the case surrently. If the clan battles become just another "Mode", which it should be, then that could solve the time issues. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,800
[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
23 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

WoT has tried several variations of timing for CW and each iteration had "challenges."  It is certainly true they could extend the timing on WoWS Clan battles, not certain if this is an infrastructure thing or what.  If the timing was infinite and lets say a clan based in Argentina queued its possible, in the current meta, they would sit there in a spinning room forever (no other clans in their range online / or could be too few online you end up with lopsided skilled teams).

I am uncertain (and haven't heard) if WoWS is going to a map based type of CW (like old WoT).  Some people liked this but the challenge there was timing.  Meaning that your clan had an absolute time for battle.  If you didn't show up or didn't have enough people your clan was penalized.

I guess what I am trying to say is that its a problem that WoWS needs to work through, and there will be always those who will be impacted by whatever they implement.

I agree with what you've said here.  There will never nor can be a perfect set up for clan battles or clan wars.  Any possible setup will have problems of its own.  And there will always be people who won't be able to play in certain time windows.  The best they can do is to try to make CBs available for the greatest number of people possible.

 

As for a "map based type of clan wars", like in WoT, I'm not sure if this would be viable.  From a "realism" (and I use the word loosely) standpoint, it would seem to me that a map based CWs would have to have the territories based on ports around the world's oceans.  Open ocean doesn't seem particularly valuable, though I suppose that they could have territories with no ports (and use the Ocean map), though unless there's some sort of underlying trade system as part of the CWs economy, there seems little point to controlling open ocean.  Arguably, control of an open ocean territory could represent a buffer to protect, for example, the west coast of the US, assuming that you held those ports.  An enemy might have to take control of the open ocean territory off the west coast before being able to attack those ports, unless perhaps he held the adjacent ports to the north or south.

Anyways, just a thought.  Personally, I think that I prefer clan battles the way they are over WoT style CWs.  They're a little more free form, and you don't have a bunch of elite clans blocking access to the CWs map, making it all but impossible for less than elite clans to get in on the fun.  CBs are open to anyone who shows up with a full team.  They even give you access to rental tier 10 ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,229
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,409 posts
9,573 battles

Most people are driven to do things that are in their own best interest.

Season 1 and 2... building the port for discounts.  Improves the credit balance a bit.

Season 3..  port is built.  OK...  what is the interest?

In the quest for STEEL, there is a mass exodus of players joining more competitive clans to pursue that venture.

And the mildly, 'for fun' clans are getting a bit more frustrating as the clan-battle win-rate drops.

Seems having a completed harbor is something everyone has. 

Need something non-clan-battle-ish for the clans to pursue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
16,077 battles
29 minutes ago, C_D said:

Good grief they are set 4 times a week for 4 hrs each day, on the NA server....North America only has so many time zones so I do not understand what your problem is? They are set for when most working adults can be home after work during the week and on weekends ...it is weekends so naturally a bigger turnout. 24/7 is not a good idea for clan battles if you are trying to run a competition as is the case surrently. If the clan battles become just another "Mode", which it should be, then that could solve the time issues. 

I'll explain what the problem is. When I started playing I only had NA servers. So I registered them. Now, I am Italian and like me many of my clan. We have asked several times to be transferred to EU server, but it seems that this operation is impossible.
So you know, playing at 2 in the morning until 5 in the morning to wake up at 7 am to go to work is not, in my opinion, a wise thing.
In any case, it is not just me or my clan that has this problem, but from what I see are many, and many are Americans.
So, I wonder, what is your problem with accepting smoother and more convenient schedules for everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,182 posts
11,759 battles

1 you dont pay a cent to join a clan. people pay to become "clan leader"

2 i suspect WG is happy with current participation, so they dont bother changing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles
1 minute ago, Ombromondo said:

I'll explain what the problem is. When I started playing I only had NA servers. So I registered them. Now, I am Italian and like me many of my clan. We have asked several times to be transferred to EU server, but it seems that this operation is impossible.
So you know, playing at 2 in the morning until 5 in the morning to wake up at 7 am to go to work is not, in my opinion, a wise thing.
In any case, it is not just me or my clan that has this problem, but from what I see are many, and many are Americans.
So, I wonder, what is your problem with accepting smoother and more convenient schedules for everyone?

 The problem is you my friend accept it, delete your NA, accounts and re-roll on EU serves or quit sniveling...man the [edited] up....don't try to make it an NA server issue when you just admit you need to be on the EU one...good grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,641 battles
9 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

1 you dont pay a cent to join a clan. people pay to become "clan leader"

2 i suspect WG is happy with current participation, so they dont bother changing it

I think it is evident that he was talking about creating a clan. The cost is there when you spend doubloons to create said clan.

 

I agree with the post 100% I live in the U.S. and I still cannot play clan battles due to my work schedule. Not to mention many other clans which have an issue fielding people for clan battles. The times are restrictive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,641 battles
2 minutes ago, C_D said:

 The problem is you my friend accept it, delete your NA, accounts and re-roll on EU serves or quit sniveling...man the [edited] up....don't try to make it an NA server issue when you just admit you need to be on the EU one...good grief.

That's a lot of time and money wasted. You have your opinion, but I doubt the OP or myself, or for that matter, many others will not respect it for the tone you proposed it in.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles
1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

That's a lot of time and money wasted. You have your opinion, but I doubt the OP or myself, or for that matter, many others will not respect it for the tone you proposed it in.

The OP has alot of balls to make a post about how messed up the times are while not revealing until later that he is in Italy? Truth hurts sometimes I don't sugar coat things sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,641 battles
Just now, C_D said:

The OP has alot of balls to make a post about how messed up the times are while not revealing until later that he is in Italy? Truth hurts sometimes I don't sugar coat things sorry.

He isn't in Italy. 
Also, I live in the US and I agree with him. What does that mean? Does the message hold less water now?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

its simple

set it up with a limited number of clan battle a day at any time of the day

example....your allowed 10 clan battles in 24hour

has long has there is another clan searching at the time your searching for a match....done deal

then people can play whenever its best for their clan members schedule

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,519
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

CB doesn't work without a minimum concentration of people in it. Without the small window to concentrate players, queue times get long, people leave, queue times get longer, etc. and the game mode dies.

They've already said there's a plan for a longer-term solution involving cross-server play so you can play on other servers' primetimes (EU, RU, ASIA). However, that requires major new technical development so it will take a very long time. Sorry they can't do better for you, but there's really nothing to do but wait or start over on another server.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
16,077 battles
44 minutes ago, C_D said:

 The problem is you my friend accept it, delete your NA, accounts and re-roll on EU serves or quit sniveling...man the [edited] up....don't try to make it an NA server issue when you just admit you need to be on the EU one...good grief.

But then you just do not understand simple things.
Then I'll explain to you better:
1) But did you see how many games I played? (ah definitely for you I'm nothing..ok). Even to a fool it is clear that the amount of ships I have at this time, before replicating them on another server, it would take me a lot of time that I do not want to lose to get the same things.
2) If I had known when I wrote the first season if WG would have modified the session times of the game (which have always confirmed with answers like: Do not worry that we are working to find solutions because you are not alone with this. the less able: we are working in that sense so that everyone can participate) I would not have wasted time looking for people, finding the systems of work together and probably even so many annoyances that derive from having to manage a clan.
3) I am sure that if you had the same problem, you would be very happy to hear from someone like you say: Well, go away and do not break! (yes because this is the tone that you are using).

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,641 battles
6 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

CB doesn't work without a minimum concentration of people in it. Without the small window to concentrate players, queue times get long, people leave, queue times get longer, etc. and the game mode dies.

They've already said there's a plan for a longer-term solution involving cross-server play so you can play on other servers' primetimes (EU, RU, ASIA). However, that requires major new technical development so it will take a very long time. Sorry they can't do better for you, but there's really nothing to do but wait or start over on another server.

I'm just wondering how they can make ranked 24/7 game play and how clan battles actually differ? However, I appreciate the response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,519
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles
27 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I'm just wondering how they can make ranked 24/7 game play and how clan battles actually differ? However, I appreciate the response.

Because for Ranked, any 14 players in the same bracket is okay to start a game. When there are slightly fewer people online, it takes slightly longer to get 14 people in the queue, but that's okay.

For Clan Battles, the 7-player requirement is all-important. If you have 7 people, you can run a team. If there are slightly fewer people online and your clan has 6 people online, that's the same as having 0 people, because they can't launch the team. This threshold effect makes CB very sensitive to player online schedules.

I hope that makes sense as to why they are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
16,077 battles
3 hours ago, Edgecase said:

CB doesn't work without a minimum concentration of people in it. Without the small window to concentrate players, queue times get long, people leave, queue times get longer, etc. and the game mode dies.

They've already said there's a plan for a longer-term solution involving cross-server play so you can play on other servers' primetimes (EU, RU, ASIA). However, that requires major new technical development so it will take a very long time. Sorry they can't do better for you, but there's really nothing to do but wait or start over on another server.

Thanks Egcase for the answer, quite sensible.
In any case it is not just me who have these problems, but a lot of people.
One thing, however, I can not understand. why noon extend the clan battle schedules. What does a decision like this entail? Instead of starting at 20 (for example) it starts at 5pm until the hour that is used now or even later.
This really does not make sense.
If it is a question of server or if you are on the CB server or if you are on the Random server. Surely you can not stay on both.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×