You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Premium Ship Deals/Bundles

12 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Good day all,

With the recent additions of almost all existing premium ships being added to the Premium Shop store indefinitely, will there still be random bundle/bonus XP missions offered for these existing ships to be purchased?  Or will these bonuses only be available to new releases moving forward?

There are a couple ships in the shop I'm interested in picking up, but have held off till now out of hope of some discount sales with the XP bonus missions tacked on.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,205 posts
12,732 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

indefinitely

Source on that?

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
30 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Good day all,

With the recent additions of almost all existing premium ships being added to the Premium Shop store indefinitely, will there still be random bundle/bonus XP missions offered for these existing ships to be purchased?  Or will these bonuses only be available to new releases moving forward?

There are a couple ships in the shop I'm interested in picking up, but have held off till now out of hope of some discount sales with the XP bonus missions tacked on.

I am quite confident the premium ships will rotate out of the premium shop after a bit. My guess for the premium ship removal pool, would be that they would stay for a month.

Do you mean the 25 bonus missions for a premium ship when you buy it? So far, they have only been in the initial offerings of a ship. Special flags were the same way and then were offered as an add on later. Will WG do the same with the 25 bonus missions, who knows?

Beta Testers
498 posts
6,512 battles

OP,

WG varies what they put into the shop.  It has been seen in the past where they mention the availability of some ships only for them to disappear (sometimes reappear expectantly).  There are several ways to get a discount but they too vary.  Log into the WoWS webpage and look at the shop.  You will see a "discount" at times for users.  Another way, if you are really scrimping for cash (we have all been there), is to purchase Santa crates when they come out.  Typically you can score several ships (albeit random).  Of course there are events that occur throughout the year that provide bundles at several price points.

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Source on that?

WG, of course. Using, which is only wise of course, the most minimal definition on "indefinite".

Indefinite at its least, merely means "undefined", or "non-defined."

...and I think all WG said on the matter was "a while", which is rather undefined. It would doubtlessly be a mistake to take it as meaning "forever".

Now, is that Ace_04's take on it? I dunno.

Similarly, I think a lot of folks got their skivvies in a wad over the removal of Missouri. I think WG's actual phrase regarding duration of availability when Missouri was first released, was it would be available "for a long time". People got a mistaken understanding that "forever"was intended, and ran with it.

So, OP, any time WG does not provide a specific date or specific duration, take all nonspecific time pronouncements by WG to mean "until we say so", "at any time we decide", "until we change our minds" or such.

[POP]
Members
854 posts
9,759 battles

What is the next ship to be bundled in the shop?

Will there be a new premium tomorrow?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,205 posts
12,732 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

WG, of course. Using, which is only wise of course, the most minimal definition on "indefinite".

...and I think all WG said on the matter was "a while", which is rather undefined. It would doubtlessly be a mistake to take it as meaning "forever".

Similarly, I think a lot of folks got their skivvies in a wad over the removal of Missouri. I think WG's actual phrase regarding duration of availability when Missouri was first released, was it would be available "for a long time". People got a mistaken understanding that "forever"was intended, and ran with it.

So, OP, any time WG does not provide a specific date or specific duration, take all nonspecific time pronouncements by WG to mean "until we say so", "at any time we decide", "until we change our minds" or such.

TL;DR: Any time WG uses - ... words, the forum reacts like

7x0g4TH.gif

• Funny 1

Members
1,070 posts
5,972 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

TL;DR: Any time WG uses - ... words, the forum reacts like

7x0g4TH.gif

"None shall pass!!!"

Folks would be a lot happier if they would take any WG pronouncement that leaves wiggle room, and interpret it by the gauge of "what is the least commitment this can possibly mean?"

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Source on that?

I was going to paste the link for the Premium Shop in June but it appears pointless because they removed the statement when they updated it. The first version of the article said something about they would make almost all ships available with 15 the first week, 15 the second week, with more to come after that with updates dropping each Friday. (This was removed). The next update removed the statement something along the lines of -we don’t have any plans of removing them- I won’t quote it because that isn’t exact. But I took it as indefinitely - undefined amount of time. 

39 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I agree with the minimalistic definition of indefinite. To me it just means an undefined time but others see it as different. I really tried to find the quote about the Missouri. I’m sure I can dig up an old reddit post on it but it was like -and it is here to stay-.

Edit: Not the exact words I remember but “Missouri’s availability isn’t temporary like Premium Ship sales” 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.15.1 

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Do you mean the 25 bonus missions for a premium ship when you buy it? So far, they have only been in the initial offerings of a ship. Special flags were the same way and then were offered as an add on later. Will WG do the same with the 25 bonus missions, who knows?

Yes. 

For example, when the Italian battleship tech tree is released, will there possibly be a special discount on Roma with XP bonus missions?  I'd like to pick her up as a captain trainer in conjuction with Cesare, but am holding off in case of any surprises in the Premium Shop.

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
18 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yes. 

For example, when the Italian battleship tech tree is released, will there possibly be a special discount on Roma with XP bonus missions?  I'd like to pick her up as a captain trainer in conjuction with Cesare, but am holding off in case of any surprises in the Premium Shop.

Well, the Italian cruisers are 99.99% more likely to be released first. Then the Italian BB line would be released off of the T3 Italian cruiser. I would expect Roma to be back in the shop, when the BBs are released. Since the Italian cruisers are not even teased to be coming out yet, the best rumor is December this year, it would most likely be 2019 or later for the Italian cruisers. Then probably another 6 months or more for the Italian BBs.

Since, every bonus XP mission I have seen so far is for a brand new ship, I don't know if WG will change that or not.

[-1]
Members
126 posts
2,790 battles

It’s really very simple—don’t buy without discount and eventually you’ll get it )))