You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Falls_USMC

USS Alaska is coming!

16 comments in this topic

[APOC_]
Members
911 posts
6,165 battles

Facebook Dev Blog post

Text from post for those on mobile. 

ST, American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX

Hit points – 60 800. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 229 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 13%.

Main battery - 3x3 305 mm. Firing range – 20 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4300. Chance to cause fire – 27%. Maximum AP shell damage - 8900. Reload time - 20 s. 180 degree turn time - 36 s. Maximum dispersion - 216 m. HE initial velocity - 762 m/s. AP initial velocity - 808 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

The parameters of the dispersion ellipse are equal to the values of the Graf Spee cruiser (better than battleships, but worse than common cruisers).

The parameters of the ricochet angles of AP shells are equal to the values of the American cruiser Des Moines.

Secondaries - 6х2 127 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1800, Reload Time - 6.0 seсonds.

AA defense - 34х1 20 mm, range - 2,0 km, damage per second - 122. 14х4 40 mm, range - 3,5 km, damage per second - 223. 6х2 127 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 91.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 850 m. Rudder shift time – 13,8 s. Surface detectability – 16,2 km. Air detectability – 12,1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 12,8 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire / Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft / Catapult Fighter / Surveillance Radar

Slot 4 - Repair party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

USS Alaska Wiki page

This thing is going to be a monster. 305mm AP with Des Moines autobounce and penetration angles is going to be disgusting. 

Free XP or we riot!! 

I'm stoked for this ship. It doesn't have as colorful a history as some ships, given how late in the war it was commissioned, but I couldn't be more excited for it. 

Edited by Falls_USMC
  • Cool 4

[-K-]
Members
5,289 posts
9,108 battles

You're already late to the party, sir.  Been 2 or 3 posts on this already this morning.

• Bad 1

[APOC_]
Members
911 posts
6,165 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You're already late to the party, sir.  Been 2 or 3 posts on this already this morning.

Story of my life. Eh, well. Mods can remove this if need be. No biggie. 

[KEGEL]
Members
109 posts
5,449 battles

Looks like this will be superior to the Kronstadt in every way except HP pool & shell velocity.

Probably an instant buy providing WG don't nerf her too much.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,706 posts
8,132 battles
4 hours ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Looks like this will be superior to the Kronstadt in every way except HP pool & shell velocity.

Probably an instant buy providing WG don't nerf her too much.

More like competitive, wg would probably buff Kronshtad with 50mm plating in areas to makie her comparable to Moskva and Stalingrad.

Beta Testers
252 posts
2,639 battles

Really hope they add it to arsenal. For some reason, I seem to be gathering coal much faster than free XP — I can usually get 1000-2000 coal per day compared to roughly the same of free xp, the difference being its relative price in coal or free xp.  

Would be nice to see a cruiser other than the Salem that you can buy for coal in the arsenal shop.

Edited by Aseron
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
510 posts
4,657 battles

You can earn 3 regular crates per day. Select "More Resources" and you will *usually* get 450 coal.

You get 1 "go navy" crate when you select your team each day. Each crate has 450 coal. You can earn 4 crates per day which is 450 x 4 coal. When the other team tries to recruit you and you decline you get one crate so 450 more coal.

3 regular crates and 6 go navy crates is 9 crates times 450 coal. 4050 coal per day.

If you have the time.

[CVA16]
Members
2,292 posts
9,862 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 9:00 AM, Falls_USMC said:

I'm stoked for this ship. It doesn't have as colorful a history as some ships, given how late in the war it was commissioned, but I couldn't be more excited for it. 

At least it has a history. Not a paper ship. The down side of that is that it has real world stats as a basis, not some developers pipe-dream.

Stoked to see it, might even get it.

Still concerned how these battlecruisers stack up against the real (or papership) cruisers that they are matched against. Kron is dominating and if the Alaska is even better...

Edited by Sabot_100

[NIUB]
Members
17 posts
3,284 battles

So where is the Alaska?  I can't find it on the tech tree.  I was suppose to be added for testing.

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
83 posts
3,576 battles

So, any rumors yet on whether its a free XP, premium gold or clan reward ship?

Members
60 posts
1,059 battles

At least it has a history. Not a paper ship. The down side of that is that it has real world stats as a basis,

And it's real world stats don't fit into the way the World of Warships tech trees are designed. There just aren't enough battle cruisers to make full lines out of. And making Alaska anything like it's historical ability would make it, by far, the best cruiser in the game.  It's more like the Scharnhorst in overall ability than it is like any cruiser.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,035 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, strykerpsg said:

So, any rumors yet on whether its a free XP, premium gold or clan reward ship?

Rumor is FXP, but WG can change that right before release...

• Cool 1