You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Harekaze 100mm buff

22 comments in this topic

[MVKS]
Members
139 posts
2,968 battles

When the Harekaze gets the 100mm buff will it also get the detection nerf?  Will this buff make it much better without needing the extra commander skills?  I've been on the fence on it for quite a while on purchasing it and this may be what makes it a much better option for me.

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
95 posts
9,969 battles

Being WG don’t nerf premiums directly I cannot say “no” to this question.

I would assume not, because the changes were linked to the new ships, but again it’s a “blanket change” not listed including the ship is a good sign of no changes. Similar to the changes to British smoke from 7sec to 15 affected the Belfast too and it wasn’t listed if I believe.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Harekaze will be good and should get the 1/4 pen if using the Aki guns.  it hasn't been listed to have its concealment nerfed, it is a good ship at t8, and a good capt trainer.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,066 battles

I am pretty sure the Harekaze uses the same guns so it should get the buff. I don’t think I can remember a buff to a specific gun that only applies to a specific ship. Seeing how they don’t nerf premium ships directly and they didn’t mention the Harekaze I would guess that it will be buffed and left alone otherwise. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
29 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

When the Harekaze gets the 100mm buff will it also get the detection nerf?  Will this buff make it much better without needing the extra commander skills?  I've been on the fence on it for quite a while on purchasing it and this may be what makes it a much better option for me.

even without the buff, the Harekaze has other factors to play off of, that makes it a worth while purchase. Despite the fragility and lower DPM of the 127/54 guns, the reload speed makes it a great substitute for a captain that doesn't have IFHE, even though it still isn't a 3 second reload.

Her flaws are stock Kagero torpedoes, and Stock Kagero Hull, and that's about it.

100% recommend if you need a IJN DD Trainer, or just want a fun ship to play.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,296 battles

I actually just bought for in anticipation of the gunbuffs. She desperately needs the 4 points that ifhe takes away for other extremely important skills. I feel that this is akizuki buff is going to buff the harakaze b hull more than people think.

I also bought it just to have another boat to play with while I grind out the rest of the akizuki tree. Because the tree already needs an extremely specific build captain...

Edited by Merlox

[SYN]
Members
14,461 posts
10,475 battles

It's already kinda nerfed with lower HP and Akatsuki/Shiratsuyu suckage torpedoes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,789 battles

Be advised her hun range is only 9.4. You need AFT to make her viable. 

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,604 battles
27 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The 9.4 k gun range is the best thing about the ship.

The short gun bloom means you disappear from cap fights sooner while the enemy is still spotted and still being shot up. 

I wish I could shorten the gun range of my high tier USN DDs to only 9.4k.

• Cool 5

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,182 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I wouldn’t say she needs it.  I don’t have AFT and she works just fine.  Most of the time when you stumble across a DD you are much closer than 9.4 so the guns are quite adequate for self defense as well as aggressive actions.

Edited by Horama
  • Cool 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
2 hours ago, Merlox said:

I actually just bought for in anticipation of the gunbuffs. She desperately needs the 4 points that ifhe takes away for other extremely important skills. I feel that this is akizuki buff is going to buff the harakaze b hull more than people think.

I also bought it just to have another boat to play with while I grind out the rest of the akizuki tree. Because the tree already needs an extremely specific build captain...

You are still going to want to use IFHE, because that allows for 32mm armor penetration with those HE rounds, which increases the surface area in which you can damage cruisers. Of course, that's if this buff to the type 98s go live.

But even without this Super HE, Harekaze is still a worth while ship to play. I occasionally have fun using the C Hull, trying to figure out the best build for said hull. And A Hull is just a stock Kagero, so if I want to play around with that, I just do a torpedo boat build.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,465 posts
11,789 battles
20 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

The 9.4 k gun range is the best thing about the ship.

The short gun bloom means you disappear from cap fights sooner while the enemy is still spotted and still being shot up. 

I wish I could shorten the gun range of my high tier USN DDs to only 9.4k.

Being able to sit out side of radar range and melt ships is a bigger advantage. 

Of course, I was used to Akazuki's gun range.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,465 posts
11,789 battles
20 hours ago, Horama said:

I wouldn’t say she needs it.  I don’t have AFT and she works just fine.  Most of the time when you stumble across a DD you are much closer than 9.4 so the guns are quite adequate for self defense as well as aggressive actions.

It is not the destroyers that I'm concerned about. It's killing cruisers and battleships.

As soon as I put the US guns on with AFT,  I notice a doubling of my damage out put.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,604 battles
16 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Being able to sit out side of radar range and melt ships is a bigger advantage. 

Of course, I was used to Akazuki's gun range.

You have the best detection that can be seen at that tier and you are just gonna island hump with it?

Whatever works I guess. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,465 posts
11,789 battles
8 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

You have the best detection that can be seen at that tier and you are just gonna island hump with it?

Whatever works I guess. 

No.

I contest caps, kill destroyers. 

After that, it gets dangerous with all the 10 km+ radar available, it's hard to hunt bigger targets. Not impossible, just harder. So for me, I like more range.

With the incoming 100 MM buff, IFHE may not be needed, so AFT may become viable.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
762 posts
63 battles

Did WG come out and say Harekaze is getting the 100mm benefits of the main line?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,604 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

No.

I contest caps, kill destroyers. 

After that, it gets dangerous with all the 10 km+ radar available, it's hard to hunt bigger targets. Not impossible, just harder. So for me, I like more range.

With the incoming 100 MM buff, IFHE may not be needed, so AFT may become viable.

I’m just not seeing how such a strategy plays to the ships strengths. 

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,627 battles

Here's the real question....

Will the Kii receive the 1/4th rule for its secondary's as well? They are 100MM guns as well....

[SYN]
Members
14,461 posts
10,475 battles
5 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Here's the real question....

Will the Kii receive the 1/4th rule for its secondary's as well? They are 100MM guns as well....

Yes, all IJN 100mm/65 guns have the 1/4 penetration on PT right now

Since secondary 100mm/65 guns do 1700 HE damage, 3 of these turrets can out DPM an Akizuki, which only does 1200 HE damage.

And then Hakuryu's secondaries are actually scary right now, since it has 6 DP turrets per side

Edited by MrDeaf

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,551 posts
4,422 battles
12 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Yes, all IJN 100mm/65 guns have the 1/4 penetration on PT right now

Since secondary 100mm/65 guns do 1700 HE damage, 3 of these turrets can out DPM an Akizuki, which only does 1200 HE damage.

And then Hakuryu's secondaries are actually scary right now, since it has 6 DP turrets per side

I'm curious whether it might be worthwhile going for a secondary build with Kii. I don't have the ship myself but I imagine most people go for an AA build. With the 1/4 HE pen buff to the 100mm guns a secondary build suddenly looks more viable, and Kii would still have fairly decent AA.

It may not be optimal but how often does one see a carrier in high tier anyway to make use of an AA build?

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,627 battles
7 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I'm curious whether it might be worthwhile going for a secondary build with Kii. I don't have the ship myself but I imagine most people go for an AA build. With the 1/4 HE pen buff to the 100mm guns a secondary build suddenly looks more viable, and Kii would still have fairly decent AA.

It may not be optimal but how often does one see a carrier in high tier anyway to make use of an AA build?

I'm one of the few that have run sec build on kii. Its not a fight winner like the KM line, but the DPM and fire chance is nice when you want to use them torps.