You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

USS Alaska - Dev Blog!

259 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARRd3f9v0uJg00rZqnwageL-woRzSpbmlp08I5ovsZelXgQzm6LnxOoi59Tk98ugaCI&fref=nfImage may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor and water

ST, American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX

Hit points – 60 800. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 229 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 13%.

Main battery - 3x3 305 mm. Firing range – 20 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4300. Chance to cause fire – 27%. Maximum AP shell damage - 8900. Reload time - 20 s. 180 degree turn time - 36 s. Maximum dispersion - 216 m. HE initial velocity - 762 m/s. AP initial velocity - 808 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

The parameters of the dispersion ellipse are equal to the values of the Graf Spee cruiser (better than battleships, but worse than common cruisers).

The parameters of the ricochet angles of AP shells are equal to the values of the American cruiser Des Moines.

Secondaries - 6х2 127 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1800, Reload Time - 6.0 seсonds.

AA defense - 34х1 20 mm, range - 2,0 km, damage per second - 122. 14х4 40 mm, range - 3,5 km, damage per second - 223. 6х2 127 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 91.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 850 m. Rudder shift time – 13,8 s. Surface detectability – 16,2 km. Air detectability – 12,1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 12,8 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire / Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft / Catapult Fighter / Surveillance Radar

Slot 4 - Repair party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is 

• Cool 8

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles

For my personal reaction?

It's HAPPENING! The ship looks great in that picture, too.

:Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great:

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles

Queue Hype Train in 3...2...1...Bzzzzzt...

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles
Just now, Carl said:

Queue Hype Train in 3...2...1...Bzzzzzt...

That hype train has been rolling for several years already ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,264 battles

Well, finally!

Being at Tier IX I'm guessing she'll be a 750K free XP ship. When I get there, I guess. :Smile_great:

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

That hype train has been rolling for several years already ;)

I know, hence the tongue in cheek.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, finally!

Being at Tier IX I'm guessing she'll be a 750K free XP ship. When I get there, I guess. :Smile_great:

I'm hoping so, too. I am not really sure that WG would benefit from yet another TX ship given that very few (none?) people have either the Salem or the Stalingrad yet.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, finally!

I’m at 700k and was gonna get the K. Now I might save it for this. 

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,667 battles

I can already see the whining of how the HP pool is so small compared to Kronshtahdt, and how the shell velocity is so slow in comparison. 
The rest of her stats seem pretty impressive though, and having DM AP richochet angles on 305mm guns means she will absolutely chew through cruisers at angles the Kronshtahdt only dreams of.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, HazardDrake said:

I’m at 700k and was gonna get the K. Now I might save it for this. 

I'm at 225k FXP and was going to get the Nelson. I may have to hold on to the FXP until WG releases how she will be earned.

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
1 minute ago, Seniorious said:

I can already see the whining of how the HP pool is so small compared to Kronshtahdt, and how the shell velocity is so slow in comparison. 
The rest of her stats seem pretty impressive though, and having DM AP richochet angles on 305mm guns means she will absolutely chew through cruisers at angles the Kronshtahdt only dreams of.

The Alaska has better dispersion and improved auto bounce angles than the Kronstadt.  As far as I'm concerned that means the Kronstadt is now a port queen.  

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I'm at 225k FXP and was going to get the Nelson. I may have to hold on to the FXP until WG releases how she will be earned.

If you need to earn a drednaught achievement for an event, Nelson is your ship. 

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,667 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I'm at 80k (used to be 110) and was going for Nelson too, but with Alaska now in the mix....it'll have to wait until Alaska is revealed. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

Hey congrats Alaska fans!!!  Nice to see a fanbase get a ship they've wanted for YEARS.  I lusted for the Massachusetts the same way, hope you get as good a bote as we got. Look forward to sailing with you on the high seas.

Edited by nagasakee
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles
3 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

If you need to earn a drednaught achievement for an event, Nelson is your ship. 

I may still get Nelson with this FXP, depending on how Alaska is released. If Alaska is a FXP ship, I'll go for Nelson after that.

2 minutes ago, Seniorious said:

I'm at 80k (used to be 110) and was going for Nelson too, but with Alaska now in the mix....it'll have to wait until Alaska is revealed. 

Yep!

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,113 battles
5 minutes ago, yashma said:

The Alaska has better dispersion and improved auto bounce angles than the Kronstadt.  As far as I'm concerned that means the Kronstadt is now a port queen.  

Watch, somehow this ship will have less bow plating than Moskva.....because "reasons".

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,974 posts
5,678 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Watch, somehow this ship will have less bow plating than Moskva.....because "reasons".

It has a 27mm bow though....which is better than the Kronstadt.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

As long as it looks as beautiful as it is (which it seems to be) this guy won't care ;-)

I'll be like that one guy who has something like 1000 games or otherwise an absurd amount in the Kii. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Me reading this a few minutes ago:

LUNAkTF.gif

:fish_cute_2:

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,264 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I may still get Nelson with this FXP

LOL, guess what I spent 375,000 FXP on just a couple of days ago!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, though, I regret nothing; Nelson's a known quantity, and she fits in better with my current needs and intentions. I don't at all mind the extra time it's going to take to save up for this thing.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,406 posts
3,583 battles

Nice ship. Probably gonna be my first Free XP ship. 

However it would be nice for the dev's to throw a bone to the DD players who want a Free XP DD.. 

And it would be nice to put a hold on releasing more radar ships... 

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

And it would be nice to put a hold on releasing more radar ships... 

I think Alaska might work better running the fighter plane. Who knows. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

LOL, guess what I spent 375,000 FXP on just a couple of days ago!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Seriously, though, I regret nothing; Nelson's a known quantity, and she fits in better with my current needs and intentions. I don't at all mind the extra time it's going to take to save up for this thing.

:Smile_teethhappy:  Plus, since this is just the dev blog, we probably have 3 to 6 months to wait anyway.