Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Nueve De Julio/USS Boise Review and Discussion

45 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

Got word late yesterday after the video was cut that this ship will be released in both forms, and as of now, stats will be the same on both.  In short, Nueve de Julio is a gimped Helena with one distinguishing trait.  She has RNesque repair party which can keep her in the fight.  It’s up to you to decide if that consumable is enough to overcome her shortcomings, biggest being her lack of range.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
496 posts
3,658 battles

Yea, thanks WG for releasing her as Boise! My wallet is wide open. Great to see Brooklyn class in the game

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,399 battles
21 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Yea, thanks WG for releasing her as Boise! My wallet is wide open. Great to see Brooklyn class in the game

we failed hermanos,now we can't meme them anymore.

2de.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,294 posts
4,256 battles

She's got more range than Leander; there is that. :Smile_hiding:

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She's got more range than Leander; there is that. :Smile_hiding:

This is true lol

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,023 battles

So will there be two ships sold? Or is it going to be buy one, get a skin for the other?

I'm just slightly confused on how WG will sell the two ships. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

Same way they sell most things: money!

I would think they make it 2 ships. Up to you to choose which Nation you want to play for. More monies that way too.

• Funny 1

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
47 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

So will there be two ships sold? Or is it going to be buy one, get a skin for the other?

Don’t have any more information outside of the offering both.  If I hear anything else non-nda I’ll post.

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,023 battles
47 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Same way they sell most things: money!

Well, ya got me there. 

4 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Don’t have any more information outside of the offering both.  If I hear anything else non-nda I’ll post.

Shoulda guessed there was some kind of NDA issue with this. 

Thanks for the overview of the Julio though! Looks like an interesting ship that plays.. well like a US cruiser. Colour me interested. 

Is that even a phrase? If not it is now. I like it. 

Members
3,784 posts
14,050 battles

I'll pass. IMHO, the heal aint good enough to offset the shortcomings.

[WORX]
Members
1,850 posts
12,893 battles

The most confusing phrase I have ever heard in your video zoup lol I still had to run the video again to catch it.

"Nueve De Julio is not a Spanish ship, its Argentina" @0:53 mark

Argentina is a Spanish country lol there culture is European from Spain (Chile has the same influence too).

BUT then I heard the rest of the explanation, I was like oooo boy, am I the only one confusing country with language ? Usually a ship from Spain would be a Spaniard ship and not a Spanish ship ? That was my main confusion. The ship itself, its like a Brit cruiser with HP regain/ repair party. Like a Fiji, maybe less tanky. One thing for sure the fear projections is really low. Love your video @NoZoupForYou have a great day

Edited by Navalpride33

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
52 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The most confusing phrase I have ever heard in your video zoup lol I still had to run the video again to catch it.

Argentina is a Spanish country lol there culture is European from Spain (Chile has the same influence too).

BUT then I heard the rest of the explanation, I was like oooo boy, am I the only one confusing country with language ? Usually a ship from Spain would be a Spaniard ship and not a Spanish ship ? That was my main confusion. The ship itself, its like a Brit cruiser with HP regain/ repair party. Like a Fiji, maybe less tanky. One thing for sure the fear projections is really low. Low your video @NoZoupForYou have a great day

Yeah...  I needed to make that clarification since I was talking about my Spanish heritage and the ship (and country) is totally not Spanish lol.  Actually, I think right now even though Spanish is the primary language of Argentina, only around 40% speak it iirc.

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
57 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'll pass. IMHO, the heal aint good enough to offset the shortcomings.

No problem there. It will appeal to some and not all and I’ve tried to get to a point with these reviews were I give the strengths and weaknesses as fairly as I can.

[S0L0]
Members
877 posts
4,884 battles
41 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Yeah...  I needed to make that clarification since I was talking about my Spanish heritage and the ship (and country) is totally not Spanish lol.  Actually, I think right now even though Spanish is the primary language of Argentina, only around 40% speak it iirc.

In one of my old WoT clans, we had an Argentine player. His English was better than mine, my Spanish was better than his, and he reveled in the name of "Adolf Dietrich Mueller, IV" * It was fun to talk to him, lots of interesting comparisons to be made between the part of Argentina he lived in, and the part of the USA I live in.

Matt

* Not his real name, but it was just as impressively Germanic, and he was, in fact, the 4th Adolf, in a tradition dating back to his families emigration in the 1890's

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Most Argentines are of Spanish and Italian descent. Some are of Middle Eastern descent.

The Argentinian version will take 60% extra damage from any French ship thay shoots at it, whle dealing -80% damage to all French ships.

• Bad 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles

Bad rate of fire, no RADAR, not American, despite her combat history with the US.

Nope. I'll buy her when she's released as Boise. 

• Bad 1

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
29 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Most Argentines are of Spanish and Italian descent. Some are of Middle Eastern descent.

The Argentinian version will take 60% extra damage from any French ship thay shoots at it, whle dealing -80% damage to all French ships.

I see what you did there, lol.

Members
33 posts
3,138 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

BUT then I heard the rest of the explanation, I was like oooo boy, am I the only one confusing country with language ? Usually a ship from Spain would be a Spaniard ship and not a Spanish ship ? That was my main confusion. The ship itself, its like a Brit cruiser with HP regain/ repair party. Like a Fiji, maybe less tanky. One thing for sure the fear projections is really low. Low your video @NoZoupForYou have a great day

Sorry but no, we arent a spanish country, our culture its a mix from europe, most italian and something less spanish, and others...

Nice video !

[BRZKR]
1,474 posts
4,768 battles
17 minutes ago, moretti6 said:

Sorry but no, we arent a spanish country, our culture its a mix from europe, most italian and something less spanish, and others...

Nice video !

Hence the name of the ship...  Nueve de Julio :)  I touched briefly on Aregentinan Independance day and wish I had time to delve more into the history...

Edited by NoZoupForYou

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles

c7NJRa2.gif

Glad to see WG went this route.

I still think Schors is the better CL Gunner overall at Tier VII than Helena, Boise / NdJ, but I was laughing seeing the "10 HE penetrations" from one salvo :Smile_teethhappy:  Granted it's against a poor Tier V BB, but it's funny nonetheless.

That DD probably also got a nasty reaction.  Multiple torpedo hits on a charging Cruiser bringing it down to 900 HP.  Should have been a simple matter of 2-3 gun salvos and it's over for the Cruiser.  Instead, it regenerates :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

3,628 posts
550 battles

Let me get right on that required 14 point Argentinian captain that nothing else in the game can use.

• Bad 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
12 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Let me get right on that required 14 point Argentinian captain that nothing else in the game can use.

You do realize Boise is also being implemented?  Did you check the link?  Obviously not but I'll copy & paste the very first sentence in Zoup's YT descriptor for the video.

"Note... last second news came to us stating that there would be two variants of this ship. Both Nuevo de Julio AND USS Boise"

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

3,628 posts
550 battles

That doesn't change the fact that 9bote would still need a 14 point captain that nothing else in the game could benefit from. That's a big investment for one mediocre mid-tier ship. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
Just now, ramp4ge said:

That doesn't change the fact that 9bote would still need a 14 point captain that nothing else in the game could benefit from. That's a big investment for one mediocre mid-tier ship. 

All you're raging about is that there's no American Boise, now you're completely disregarding that fact.  You are instead focusing on NdJ, which clearly you have no interest on getting, requiring a high point captain... DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE ONE YOU WANT, BOISE, WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE.

Can't take most of you guys around here seriously :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,399 battles
1 hour ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

that "descent" talk is meme to me.

i have spanish and portuguese descent and that doesn't make me any less brazilian,in fact,i think the spanish and portuguese would not even consider me one of their own.

Sign in to follow this