You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jdelgado20005

Duca Delgi Abruzzi (not constructive*)

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
5,786 battles

If you're thinking about getting this Tier VII Italian Premium, DONT! is much worse than the Tier VI Duca D' Aosta? How is this ship a tier VII? IDK (Worst $40 I've ever spent)

The citadel sits way to high. if a Battleship fires, you will get hit in the citadel bottom line. So the fact they added a repair party is just a gimmick.

If you give this ship such a crap armor then at least compensate it with some fire power, but not here. Your 152mm HE guns cannot start a fire to save its life (even with the commander perk) so don't even try to salvage it by wasting 3 points. is not worth it. I would start 1 fire about every 80 hits. (WITH FLAGS AND COMMANDER PERK)

AP is a joke, you would think they would at least give it some rail guns, same as the lower Tier vi Duca D' Aosta right? NOPE. Its actually one of the worst armor penetration in the game. (IFHE is going to have to carry you most of the match)

So here you have a ship that has crap armor and crap fire power. Hopefully this thread helps someone save $40, OR at least be warned this tier VII premium will get erased by tier V's.

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,113 battles

Interesting.  Do you have IFHE equipped on her?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
30 minutes ago, Jdelgado20005 said:

If you're thinking about getting this Tier VII Italian Premium, DONT! is much worse than the Tier VI Duca D' Aosta? How is this ship a tier VII? IDK (Worst $40 I've ever spent)

The citadel sits way to high. if a Battleship fires, you will get hit in the citadel bottom line. So the fact they added a repair party is just a gimmick.

If you give this ship such a crap armor then at least compensate it with some fire power, but not here. Your 152mm HE guns cannot start a fire to save its life (even with the commander perk) so don't even try to salvage it by wasting 3 points. is not worth it. I would start 1 fire about every 80 hits. (WITH FLAGS AND COMMANDER PERK)

AP is a joke, you would think they would at least give it some rail guns, same as the lower Tier vi Duca D' Aosta right? NOPE. Its actually one of the worst armor penetration in the game. (IFHE is going to have to carry you most of the match)

So here you have a ship that has crap armor and crap fire power. Hopefully this thread helps someone save $40, OR at least be warned this tier VII premium will get erased by tier V's.

Yeah just looked at her and I don't see Any Redeeming Quality's her range Suck's so does her  ROF  and no armor why would anyone want her?:Smile_great::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,017 battles
10 minutes ago, Jdelgado20005 said:

1) The citadel sits way to high. if a Battleship fires, you will get hit in the citadel bottom line. So the fact they added a repair party is just a gimmick.

2) If you give this ship such a crap armor then at least compensate it with some fire power, but not here. Your 152mm HE guns cannot start a fire to save its life (even with the commander perk) so don't even try to salvage it by wasting 3 points. is not worth it. I would start 1 fire about every 80 hits. (WITH FLAGS AND COMMANDER PERK)

3) AP is a joke, you would think they would at least give it some rail guns, same as the lower Tier vi Duca D' Aosta right? NOPE. Its actually one of the worst armor penetration in the game. (IFHE is going to have to carry you most of the match)

4) So here you have a ship that has crap armor and crap fire power. Hopefully this thread helps someone save $40, OR at least be warned this tier VII premium will get erased by tier V's.

Cool off a little before posting. Did you not read the reviews before buying? Kind of a steep price to pay without reading up on it much.

1) I mean it is a cruiser at tier 7. Expect to be hit in the citadel if you are going up against a BB. The heal is amazing at tier 7. Even if you are citadeled you heal a good bit back. Don’t see what the complain is here unless you just want BB armor.

2) Firepower does seem a little lacking especially if you don’t use IFHE. You only have a 7% base fire chance so it’s not like you should expect a fire every few salvos. Honestly 1 in about 80 doesn’t seem unreasonable. Especially averaged out over a game. I would guess most people will be closer to 1 in 50 though. 

3) I make the AP work when I see broadsides but HE is the CL shell of choice. Especially with IFHE and the current meta.

4) She doesn’t stand out but I wouldn’t say she is crap.

She is a very difficult ship to play. Most games I push in right near my DD’s because you will shred the enemy DD. After supporting them, back off and spam HE from distance. She isn’t a stand out ship but she feels so good to play. I would say she has a high skill floor which makes her more difficult for most. I don’t play her that much now because I’m busy with other stuff. It is all about using a ships strengths instead of trying to shoehorn it into a role.

Current stats: 23 battles - 55.2k damage - 65.22% WR - 43% survival 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,579 posts
3,751 battles

The real question one should ask himself before getting Abruzzi is what does she get over Duca d'Aosta gameplay wise to justify the price difference? I feel there is almost no point in the ship just because of that. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,763 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The real question one should ask himself before getting Abruzzi is what does she get over Duca d'Aosta gameplay wise to justify the price difference? I feel there is almost no point in the ship just because of that. 

Exactly. Having Duca di Pasta and having read the reviews I passed.

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles

According to the tag this topic pretends to be Review. By the fact it can't be.
Here is the topic to uderstand the gap, please continue discussing there: 

Because this is going to be locked. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1