Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Change to 5”/38

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

What is the gameplay effect of the upcoming change to the 5”/38?

They are shortening the fuse.  Anybody know how this will play out?  Especially with respect to Massachusetts?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

It may affect the ability of the 5"/38 AP to score citadel hits on thin-skinned cruisers with spaced armour. However, this is a very situational thing. I don't know how often 5" AP gets overpens, but that occurrence will likely go down. It will possibly increase the effectiveness of 5" AP on superstructure.

Captains of Atlantas (raises hand) and high-end US and Pan-Asian destroyers who like to play their ships as gunboats need to take note, though.

[SPTR]
Members
25,746 posts
11,059 battles

it will shorten the fuse on AP shells fired by those guns so US DDs from tier VI all the way up to X and the tier VII cruisers Atlanta and her sister ship the Flint.

this will play out by making it far more of a consequence if you as a DD captain have your ship going broadside to these guns.  

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,871 battles

I think they over pen dd vs dd a lot if I remember. But cruiser players never think how fast there health will melt if they get close to a Usn dd in smoke broadside at close range that’s smart enough to use AP

[HYDRO]
Members
1,541 posts
3,751 battles

In higher tiers and within 8km, USN DD AP is devastating vs any superstructure. My guess is this change will probably make AP stronger vs other DDs, provided the DD armor changes dont go through. It will be interesting to see this in Atlanta and Flint though.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

It affects their AP fuse timers, so nothing will affect them as BB secondaries which only fire HE.

Ahhh ok.   That’s what a I get for posting while half asleep.  Makes sense now.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts

when is this change coming in 7.7? 

and whats the date for that patch to be live?

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles
34 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Ahhh ok.   That’s what a I get for posting while half asleep.  Makes sense now.

it's the 100mm guns buff that battleship captains should worry about. luckly i got the harekaze and she didn't get the akizuki nerf.

Sign in to follow this