Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Mass Effect, fast becoming my favorite ship

25 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

It is indeed a fun ship, playing at the back and snipers is so boring 

what is sniping to massachusetts is close range to alabama.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cool 1

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
752 posts
7,641 battles

It will take me some time to get used to the slow 16’” shells but I usually target 1 ship with secondary and focus mains on another, that being threat dependant.

• Cool 1

[FOG]
Members
329 posts
4,845 battles

It certainly is a ball playing in Coop matches. Fire initially at target and set it to secondaries and swing the guns to another target and repeat....simply a wreaking machine

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

Unfortunately, she takes a dedicated captain for a full secondary build.  That's my only turn off.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

It’s hard for me to want to play anything else these days.  She’s the perfect ship.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles

Careful if everyone keeps playing the ship and saying it is fun and doing well in it WG will nerf it like they are with Alsace OR pull it for being OP as it is a premium and they don't nerf those so they say. I see a lot of parallels with MA and Alsace here.

:Smile_glasses:

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,082 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Careful if everyone keeps playing the ship and saying it is fun and doing well in it WG will nerf it like they are with Alsace OR pull it for being OP as it is a premium and they don't nerf those so they say. I see a lot of parallels with MA and Alsace here.

Don’t give WG any ideas!

[WOLF2]
Members
160 posts
4,770 battles
4 hours ago, RenamedUser_1026227174 said:

I wouldn't trade this ship for any in my port or in the game......

Mass fun, mass effect

Looks like your name triggered someone

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well Mass is a premium, so I feel pretty safe there.

But now that I have mine, I wouldn’t mind if they pulled it.  Lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles
8 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Don’t give WG any ideas!

They get enough, bad ones, all on their own. Nothing I say will matter. LOL

And obviously I was being sarcastic and joking which I am sure you got.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,888 posts
10,675 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well Mass is a premium, so I feel pretty safe there.

But now that I have mine, I wouldn’t mind if they pulled it.  Lol

I am just irked over the Alsace unnecessary nerfs coming up. Was venting in a humorous way. I have MA too so...:Smile_glasses:

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am just irked over the Alsace unnecessary nerfs coming up. Was venting in a humorous way. I have MA too so...:Smile_glasses:

Yes, the upcoming nerf to Alsace is a shame.

I agree with pretty much everything said about the Massachusetts above.  WG finally made a really fun ship and should do nothing to nerf her ever.  Lots of defects in the ship, very situational, but like the OP said, I wouldn't trade her for any other ship in the game.

but WG please give us the blue Measure 22 camo back :)

[DFNT]
Members
73 posts
2,422 battles

I'm really enjoying the Massachusetts. It's speed keeps me from over-extending. If I do overextend the secondaries are ready to help keep racking up damage and the quick cool-down on Repair Party keeps me around longer. It really is becoming my go to ship. Even with all that, I've had some really bad games, usually because I'm low tier and get focus-fired early. I finally hit 50% WR in her last night, and it took me 4 straight wins to do so. But, the big games do happen and they make it all worth it. 

jRVE-i9z.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b0206431e34071a98fa7298700f0f74b.jpeg

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
752 posts
7,641 battles
14 hours ago, RedBarchetta3 said:

I'm really enjoying the Massachusetts. It's speed keeps me from over-extending. If I do overextend the secondaries are ready to help keep racking up damage and the quick cool-down on Repair Party keeps me around longer. It really is becoming my go to ship. Even with all that, I've had some really bad games, usually because I'm low tier and get focus-fired early. I finally hit 50% WR in her last night, and it took me 4 straight wins to do so. But, the big games do happen and they make it all worth it. 

jRVE-i9z.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b0206431e34071a98fa7298700f0f74b.jpeg

I’ve had nothing like that damage wise yet, I agree nerfs suck but that’s the WG merry go round they did in WoT they are doing it here(though so far it’s not as bad as tanks). 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles

BTW I much prefer "Mass Destruction" (as in "weapon of...") over Mass Effect

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, TheDreadnought said:

It’s hard for me to want to play anything else these days.  She’s the perfect ship.

Give me some of you tips for playing her. I have her but have struggled to find my groove in her. I think I am being too aggressive trying to get the secondaries engaged and wind up getting killed in the first third of the battle.

[-TFC-]
Members
22 posts
1,718 battles
33 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Give me some of you tips for playing her. I have her but have struggled to find my groove in her. I think I am being too aggressive trying to get the secondaries engaged and wind up getting killed in the first third of the battle.

I stay around the cruisers and push just behind them, the secondaries are great but those main guns pack a huge punch at 15 km or less. I usually try to put an island to one side of me to help reduce incoming fire.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
On 7/12/2018 at 3:57 AM, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I wouldn't trade this ship for any in my port or in the game......

Mass fun, mass effect

For a second there, I thought you were going to reference the Normandie... :Smile_trollface:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
13 minutes ago, Navcab4422 said:

I stay around the cruisers and push just behind them, the secondaries are great but those main guns pack a huge punch at 15 km or less. I usually try to put an island to one side of me to help reduce incoming fire.

So a good example for me would be a friend was in his Bismarck and I was in the Massachusetts. We were the only two ships on a flank and around the corner comes 4 battleships and three cruisers. I wanted to turn out and kite but he insisted we stand our ground and defend the cap. We killed the cruisers and one of the battleships, the other three battleships turned out and retreated, all of them below 50% in health. I got focused on and tanked 2.5 million potential damage but I was dead and out of the game in the first half.  I know helped the team, I had 125k damage and three kills but I think I could have done better by kiting. I only have 8 battles in her but I hae a 75% win rate and a 1782 Personal Rating and average 87k damage but I feel I should be doing better. My PR rating in the Tirpitz and Bismarck are over 2200.

Edited by Belthorian

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
4 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Too aggressive probably.  Something I'm still struggling with.

Your secondaries are awesome.  They will accumulate huge damage and kills for you later in the game really fast. . . but you don't need to rush it.

Keep your distance at 15km - 16km for a while.  Let the battle evolve.  See where people are going.   Then once you're comfortable, push into secondary range and drop the hammer on them.  You want to make sure the deck is stacked as much in your favor as possible before you get in too close, because you're not going to get out most likely.

[DFNT]
Members
73 posts
2,422 battles
On 7/13/2018 at 12:01 AM, murryhawk said:

I’ve had nothing like that damage wise yet, I agree nerfs suck but that’s the WG merry go round they did in WoT they are doing it here(though so far it’s not as bad as tanks). 

Since the week I played that game I've been traveling, and now that I'm back it's been all downhill. In general I tend to overextend, which didn't seem to be too much of a problem then, but now the red team is making me pay for it. I see a lot of Worcesters and Des Moines, they seem to sniff me out early. Then it just rains fire and I sink early. When I try not to overextend, I end up with pitiful damage numbers. The main guns just don't have the reach. Besides my own gameplay problems, I did switch to Manual Secondary Fire Control (dropping CE) which probably isn't helping. I'll likely switch back.

BTW - Is this boat cursed with poor spawn locations? Most of the time I start games way out to the edge of the line-up, and I'm usually on the side that has 3 ships. 

Sign in to follow this