You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I want a refund for Roma!

135 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,834 posts
4,724 battles

Gudboat huh? I call bull! Nah this thing is a total [edited]...the guns are too damn troll to make anything work. You shell someone at any range and you helplessly watch your shells dance around the targets....or you F'ing overpen a North Carolina broadside at 15k....then turn around and citadel him for 5k.

Great concealment! What's the point if you can't hit anything reliably....this ship is just so frustrating and even the price tag that followed it makes me sick to my stomach that I bought it. The guns are bad, secondaries are trash, the armor is broken, it just hampers any team that it is on and I know I'm not crazy here. You end up getting trolled more by your own ship by the enemy team!

I'm starting to see a trend with Italian ships, bad bad bad guns, Duca and Abruzzi struggle to rack up damage, Roma has the most troll guns outta any ship in the game and being HEAVILY rng dependent is just a recipe for frustration.

Give it an accuracy buff, or give me a refund. 

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 10

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

sorry, no refunds

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

"All purchases are final" 

[WOLFC]
Members
88 posts
5,599 battles

I was wondering why I have not seen any Roma's in randoms these past months. Its like the ship just disappeared from the game. Was thinking about getting her because I like the beer can. I am glad I did not purchase it. Sorry you got a bad deal. Maybe they will give it some buffs she desperately needs sometime soon.

Edited by JBR40
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,550 posts

Read this, maybe you could improve your play-style

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[ARP]
[ARP]
Supertester
868 posts
10,819 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,443 posts
11,712 battles

Rule #1 before buying any premium ship, watch CC videos to educate yourself.

Tomas guns are good, use the correct modules.

Her AP is super fast and often overpens. 

Her armor is the main selling point of ship.

I have bounced the front broadside from a yamato at 3 km and .2 km,was going for ram)...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,306 posts
6,587 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

OP did that, he used Mouse’s term of Roma as a gudbote.

Infortunately it seems like he didn’t read anything else of it. Or else he would have known that the main battery has a trollish vertical dispersion, that the Secondaries are useless and that the armor is not as braindead as Bismarck’s.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,438 battles
33 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'm starting to see a trend with Italian ships, bad bad bad guns, Duca and Abruzzi struggle to rack up damage, Roma has the most troll guns outta any ship in the game and being HEAVILY rng dependent is just a recipe for frustration.

Give it an accuracy buff, or give me a refund. 

Giulio Cesare says "Hold my beer for a minute ...."

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[WOLF9]
Members
265 posts
3,881 battles
2 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Giulio Cesare says "Hold my beer for a minute ...."

That would explain the thing atop the Kobayashi camo...

• Funny 9

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
27 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

On the bright side she actually played this ship before reviewing it.  Lately she's just been speculating based on 'research'.  I can research a 50 cal all I want but I still can't review it until I've shot it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts
50 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

"All purchases are final" 

Ought to save that quote for anyone who demands a refund if/when WG rebalances Belfast.

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
38 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

OP did that, he used Mouse’s term of Roma as a gudbote.

Infortunately it seems like he didn’t read anything else of it. Or else he would have known that the main battery has a trollish vertical dispersion, that the Secondaries are useless and that the armor is not as braindead as Bismarck’s.

Mouse has told me before that she has been know to troll people with the ship rating since some people skip readings her well written reviews and go strait down to see that rating. Idea is to carefully read the review and decide if the ship will work for you.

Roma is actually a good mid range and close range ship. I have fought against Roma in my DDs and ships like Bismarck, I found Roma to be tougher than it looked to say the least. Was not always that easy to kill Roma when I encountered them.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles

that's why bama will be,and always shall be,the best tier8 BB.

great guns,second best torpedo defense,good armor,excellent AA. what more could you want?

secondaries?LOL,excuse me?do you know what tier8 means?it means,get closer and die faster.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[-TC]
[-TC]
Members
302 posts
1,729 battles
9 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Then you must not know how to play a battleship then cause I find this post a total turd.

Roma is a great ship! Yes her dispersion and RNG can be trollish. However, her AP Penetration I find to be freaking awesome. I love my Roma and is the best damn ship I ever bought.

The secondaries I can say are meh.. not terrible or good.. just.. meh, could be better. The armor is only broken for you cause again, you probably don't know how to angle and you probably show broadside all the time.

Would she need an sigma buff? I'd like one sure.. but, doesn't matter to me. I love my Roma the way she is.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[SOUP]
7,550 posts
1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

On the bright side she actually played this ship before reviewing it.  Lately she's just been speculating based on 'research'.  I can research a 50 cal all I want but I still can't review it until I've shot it.

As someone who helps her with her reviews frequently, I can absolutely refute this claim.

• Cool 8

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,958 battles

Roma is the only battleship I fear a torpedo-rushing cruiser in. She has her strengths and can have good games, but I really hope that Roma is not representative of what the entire line is going to be like.

[LEGIO]
Members
2,986 posts
5,407 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

This is why WG doesn't allow test-driving premiums on PTS. 

Because they don't want you to discover which ones are garbage scows?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,306 posts
6,587 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Mouse has told me before that she has been know to troll people with the ship rating since some people skip readings her well written reviews and go strait down to see that rating. Idea is to carefully read the review and decide if the ship will work for you.

Roma is actually a good mid range and close range ship. I have fought against Roma in my DDs and ships like Bismarck, I found Roma to be tougher than it looked to say the least. Was not always that easy to kill Roma when I encountered them.

Well, These Final Verdicts are like the Video titles and thumbnails of most YouTube Reviews. Without proper Research, these Ratings or sometimes just short comments are totally insufficient at informing a Player about whether or not the ship will suit their taste. I know someone who loves a ship that's labeled as garbage, and plays it a fair amount (Ashitaka), with decent results. If it suits the Player, even a bad ship can be good. If it does not, then even an overpowered ship can be seen as garbage.

If someone buys a ship based on these grossly simplified Ratings and regrets it, then the blame is all on them.

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
298 posts
2,879 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

As someone who helps her with her reviews frequently, I can absolutely refute this claim.

Don't bother trying to correct him. He said... something on her Salem review that the mods deleted so hard even the quotes were nuked. From what I can tell from the following conversations, it was about either Mouse's profile picture or maybe your chibi artwork, nothing worth reading anyhow. Now he has a grudge against her that no amount of logic will impact.

As for the Roma, well, if I had a facebook page I would have to update the relationship status every time I played her. I've had games where only one or two shells landed per salvo, but they all seemed to be citadels. On the other hand, I've had times where all nine shells hit at 10 KM, only for all of them to be shatters or bounces. Honestly, I like her, but I can't help but feel that she is to inconsistent in her current form to make her worthwhile to take to battle.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,192 posts
12,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

From what I can tell from the following conversations, it was about either Mouse's profile picture or maybe your chibi artwork

Oh, was he the one who up and vomited a post about how he disregarded anything she said simply because she had an anime avatar? Good times.

As for Roma, OPs inability to make it work is not the fault of the ship. His points have some merit though, the dispersion is troll, the armor is soft and needs a careful hand in angling to make work. Nobody's denying that. But all this was known and out there when he bought it, so I don't know what he expected, but he got exactly what he bought.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,651 posts
3,924 battles

Small sample size but so far 5 fights, 80% WR, 72894 average damage(I actually do slightly better in it than the Amagi.)

Separate fight in the pictures but so far it's still my favorite BB in looks, now in performance for its tier. Obligatory triple-cit of a poor Atago(not rare against those in anything that shoots more than 3 rounds/salvo lol).

5b472e8c15b0e_roma3.thumb.jpg.de15126a5466eb26910d7e770cd5ccdd.jpg

This one, as you can see with two cap assists, was fun.

5b472f4b540c9_roma2.thumb.jpg.c1fa034e6ce49332fbcff39680392c69.jpg

And lastly, the 9/10 matchup, which I didn't do too bad in considering it's ma first day with the ship.

5b472f979c1c3_romatier10.thumb.jpg.a9fece331200f0ea55c71d1194c73d8b.jpg

Makes me wonder the following:

1. What the blue hell is your captain setup? Mine's mostly tanking and concealment topped with the concealment module, and he's only a 10 pointer.

2. Spotter plane for increased range or no?(Roma does seem to hate torp planes)

3. Playing on the edges, bow tanking, or brawling? It's suited for 2 of those 3 IMO.

Members
33 posts
3,138 battles

Tank build with FP+CE , know how to angle (you can bounce yamato shells ) , and most important, map vision you know if u can engage or not :)

Edited by moretti6