Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Okay I'll just start a new one on this but this is how you beat a radar ship

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Tired of radar?  Well this is how you deal with a radar ship.  I had a post up earlier Akizuki or Indianapolis.  Enjoy.

• Boring 1

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

And that's why Akizuki is my favorite ship in the game, and that's also why I have enough XP/Free xp saved up to get Harugumo on day one. 

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles

so you took a strong t8 DD, and a weak t7 cruiser, with a shorter radar range and duration. caught the radar ship in a bad position..

im not impressed...

aki prob wins that 1v1 under basically all conditions.

unless this is a brag thread in which case wooosh

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

And that's why Akizuki is my favorite ship in the game, and that's also why I have enough XP/Free xp saved up to get Harugumo on day one. 

Its honestly actually starting to become one of my favorite DDs.  I'm playing on keeping it.  Even when Kitakaze comes out.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, Hanger_18 said:

so you took a strong t8 DD, and a weak t7 cruiser, with a shorter radar range and duration. caught the radar ship in a bad position..

im not impressed...

If you were watching and paying attention you would have clearly noticed my hit point status, not to mention a busted rudder on fire slowly dying and a fried engine.  I could not move I was stuck.  Give me a damn break.  Mr Negative.

• Boring 1

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

Its honestly actually starting to become one of my favorite DDs.  I'm playing on keeping it.  Even when Kitakaze comes out.

Me too. It was the only ship I used in ranked this season and I held a 74% winrate in it. 

2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

im not impressed...

aki prob wins that 1v1 under basically all conditions.

Outgunning cruisers in a destroyer is just hilarious fun. 

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles

If you were watching and paying attention you would have clearly noticed my hit point status, not to mention a busted rudder on fire slowly dying and a fried engine.  I could not move I was stuck.  Give me a damn break.  Mr Negative.

mathematically im not actually sure if the fight is winnable for the indy.

again if its a brag thread WOOOSssh

but im not sure it is....

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Me too. It was the only ship I used in ranked this season and I held a 74% winrate in it. 

Outgunning cruisers in a destroyer is just hilarious fun. 

Yes it is.  Some people think a tier 8 destroyer is better than a tier 7 cruiser though.  In reality its not.  A tier 7 ship can devastate any tier 8 destroyer.  I stopped caring about my win rate long ago lol.  Yea I always try to make improvements with certain things here and there but eh they're just numbers anyways.

Members
471 posts
12,478 battles

Most one on one fights come down to positioning, timing, and most importantly - the skill of the driver and the toys available for the encounter.

I wouldn't be surprised either way on any 1 v 1 encounter unless I knew the drivers and knew one to be far better than the other one yet the better driver lost..

Edited by Prothall

Members
4,825 posts
5,596 battles
51 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

a weak t7 cruiser, with a shorter radar range

Indy has Des Moines radar range, at 9.9km

45 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

mathematically im not actually sure if the fight is winnable for the indy.

Not really. Barring a huge skill difference in favor of the Indy captain, it's not an ideal scenario for the Indy to be in.

The closer the Akizuki is, the deadlier it becomes. As I said in the OP's other thread, Indianapolis' 16mm extremity armor means that she eats HE like crazy, plus indy has a lot of feeboard on the bow and amidship. And, Akizuki doesn't need IFHE to pen the Indy's hull plating.

The range the OP was fighting at in the video, it's a more even match. At the fringes of radar range and beyond, Indy has a chance because of her shell ballistics combined with the larger caliber HE. At those ranges Akizuki's HE starts to get a little floaty, so it becomes more difficult for the Aki to land shells in the first place.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
5 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Indy has Des Moines radar range, at 9.9km

either way nothing changes here... call me shocked if a high DPM ship using all its guns beats a low DPM one using only the front.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

At those ranges Akizuki's HE starts to get a little floaty, so it becomes more difficult for the Aki to land shells in the first place.

Hes Right You Know GIF - HesRightYouKnow MorganFreeman GIFs

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
Hes Right You Know GIF - HesRightYouKnow MorganFreeman GIFs

if you cant hit a near stationary target, thats on you...

arcs had nothing to do with this, it could have been max range w/ AFT and you could have hit because he wasnt even hardly moving

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
16 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

either way nothing changes here... call me shocked if a high DPM ship using all its guns beats a low DPM one using only the front.

Exactly. The "radar" doesn't need to be in the post. It's pure trolling. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,121 posts
3,620 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Exactly. The "radar" doesn't need to be in the post. It's pure trolling. 

like i said... if its a shameless brag thread....woosh on me...

im willing to bet it isnt. and the mods should just close this.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles

Regardless of anything else, this is ONE GAME, set up by someone who has a definite axe to grind concerning radar.Try that same game against a Cleveland, or a Chappy, or a Seattle.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles
13 hours ago, Umikami said:

Try that same game against a Cleveland, or a Chappy, or a Seattle.

More to the point, try it in a DD that doesn't have such monstrous fire-spewing DPM. I came here hoping for some good advice for when my Anshan, Gallant and Mahan end up in radar-heavy matches. Not forthcoming.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles
14 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

Agree. And it would possibly be different without all the green players covering the DD's rear.

I've been in that Indy's position - the dreaded "uh oh" move.     Just a little too much over-extension, and you're stuck (except for backwards).      

It was a good kill, but not indicative on how to beat radar.    Unless that's the method - get half the team behind you and approach nose-forward radar ship - corner so they can't advance or turn.

[H_]
Members
795 posts

I'm with the ensign on this..... "where's the beef?"  We all kill radar ships when we get the opportunity.  Good job doing so !  Well done !

I'd like for someone, one of those "I've mastered this" types to create a video, a step by step, as to what the tactics are to defeat two, three or more radar ships AND successfully, cap a point.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles

Not fair because that's an Indy with a reload time of 2.4 hours.  

Try that on a Worcester, Des Moines, Minotaur, or Moskva. 

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_
  • Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

"A later effort was made to shift the objective from suppression to the outright Destruction of Enemy Air Defenses (DEAD—pronounced “deed”). Called Iron Hand, these “hunter-killer” missions set out with Weasel F-100s leading an additional strike package of Republic F-105 Thunderchiefs, or “Thuds,” to a given target area. The Weasels would again purposely entice the SAM operators to shoot at them, and once the emitting signal was initially found and fixed by the F-100s, it was subsequently finished by the F-105s."

Sign in to follow this