Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

Radar Question?

8 comments in this topic

[H_]
Members
789 posts

Is there a way that a ship can turn on and turn off the radar consumable at will, while in use?  Jog it on for 30 seconds, turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on for 30 seconds, turn it off ?

I thought once you turned it on it stayed on?  Yes, there were three radar ships in the area but this wasn't those three ships working together.  This was a single ship because the duration was only 10-20 seconds and there was no continuous radar and I was in range the entire time 5-6K of the ships???

Is this possible or has someone figured out "another way" to use radar? 

Please, I'm not trolling but I've seen this three times now in the past few weeks....

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,659 posts
3,924 battles

You probably blipped in and out of radar range from the single ship.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,201 posts
12,724 battles

Russian ships have short duration radar.

Members
470 posts
12,442 battles

Also might want to consider Hydro. It is shorter range but it lasts a long time.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,466 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Prothall said:

Also might want to consider Hydro. It is shorter range but it lasts a long time.

This is the most likely thing you experienced.  You were probably moving in and out of hydro range of an enemy ship.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
225 posts
8,160 battles

It would help a lot if you can name the 3 ships in question, so we know what the radar performance of those ships are

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
41 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Is there a way that a ship can turn on and turn off the radar consumable at will, while in use?  Jog it on for 30 seconds, turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on for 30 seconds, turn it off ?

I thought once you turned it on it stayed on?  Yes, there were three radar ships in the area but this wasn't those three ships working together.  This was a single ship because the duration was only 10-20 seconds and there was no continuous radar and I was in range the entire time 5-6K of the ships???

Is this possible or has someone figured out "another way" to use radar? 

Please, I'm not trolling but I've seen this three times now in the past few weeks....

25 to 30 seconds depending on the tier and ship.

[H_]
Members
789 posts

thanks....  I wonder what the cool down is between activation?   This was really strange because the radar wasn't continuous?   It was almost, no......, it was "at will"....when needed and wasn't symmetrical... 

I don't know and I don't record matches since the video card update goat rope last year....   I'll look into the Russian ships tomorrow and thanks for the help because I'm pretty tired of the entire "radar" meta nonsense.... 

Sign in to follow this