Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Which one of you guys won the Irish Sweepstakes today??

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

I just came out of a tier 9/10 battle with 2 players and 6 green bots- and a bot won the match for us!!  

I had gone to A cap on Trap with a Krufurst and a Tashkent (both bots.)   The reds sent a Tashkent, a henri IV, and a Kurfurst.  (I was in Buffalo)    The bot Tash murders our Kurfurst with torps, then just sat there all confused, blinking at our Tash- who was just sitting there shooting him.   I join in, and we wipe him out- but not before Henri torps our Tash...

Great- now it's me vs Henri AND Kurfurst.   So I play ring around the island with them, beating on Henri while our Alsace (also a bot) heads over to help.    He distracts Kurfurst- who then turns to charge at our Alsace.   So I chop my throttle, turn out and wait for Henri to clear the island. (cue evil laughter!)   BOOM!   Scratch one Henri IV.  (Buff is wonderful for situations like that: 12 8" USN barrels vs Anything's broadside at >5 km, lol)

Too bad for me, Kurfurst chose just that moment to sail out from the other side of the island...  Again, >5km away.   I did the only thing I could:  RAMMING SPEED!!   I got him with some AP, too- but the ram took 2/3 of his health.   He then, for some stupid reason known only to the bots, turned away and attempted to return to A.   Not today, pal- Alsace landed a beautiful broadside on him just as he was about to disappear back behind the island.  Poof: Game over, we won.

When's the last time you saw a green Co-op bot charge in like the cavalry and save the day??

And also:

Dear WG,

What exactly do you have against the torpedo tubes on my Gneisenau???   For the last few days, match after match, they get destroyed early on in the match via CL HE spam...

Members
1,153 posts
3,146 battles
1 minute ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

When's the last time you saw a green Co-op bot charge in like the cavalry and save the day??

Every single game. The bots mindlessly go for rams every game. Unfortunately they end up not saving the game all too often. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

This one surprisingly didn't try to ram- he kept his distance, and simply shelled Kurfurst into scrap.   I think he was actually headed to cap A.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

(Buff is wonderful for situations like that: 12 8" USN barrels vs Anything's broadside at >5 km, lol)

Yeah, Buffalo hitting your broadside with that USN AP is GOODBYE! And at 5 K? Big Owie! I love my Buffalo!

Sign in to follow this