You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

So about DDs sucking in Ops.....

32 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles

This isnt even my best damage match in a DD, it just happens to be my new record for Cits in an Op. Best damage today was 198k in Fushun.

Anshan34one.thumb.PNG.76f14cf9e0965fc3f62c2ff290186a24.PNG

How did we lose..... Hard to tell....

Anshan34two.PNG.7c5a593e241ae3f4fcec2ebbed752079.PNG

And no it wasn't garbage Fire damage...

.Anshan34three.thumb.PNG.f79c2a01392615ee66ec91128a28543e.PNG

Sigh...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

They don't suck just that most players can't use them enough to help the team in ops because their overall dps stinks and they have the least hp to soak any damage. At least with a potato in another bb can take more fire before dying allowing me to carry more.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Haters will say Russian bias.

I say good job :)

Thank You.

As for Russian Bias.... well... I cleared 150k with both the Gaede and Monaghan today too so they can bugger off.

OTOH, I had a Fubuki player succeed in putting every torp in his volley into me during one match today. While I was stationary. In my smoke....

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts
3,704 battles

Well Done!  Love those DDs.

[5D5]
Members
2,292 posts
14,409 battles
18 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Haters will say Russian bias.

I say good job :)

Anshan is Pan-Asian not Russian.

Supertester
419 posts
6,169 battles

Anshan, Aigle, and Shinonome are some of my favorite ships for tier 6 ops. I like using Blyska on tier 7 ops as well. All great ships for operations if you know what you're doing.

Honestly, I really miss being able to bring the Okhotnik to Operations. That thing was insane as well.

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
21 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Anshan is Pan-Asian not Russian.

Anshan and her tech tree sister Fushun are Russian Gnevny class DD's transferred to China.

In game both are superior, imo, due to better smoke and far better torps.

Both have 8km torps with faster than average reload. Anshan's torps are not deepwater. Fushun gets an insane smoke with up to 5 charges and very short cooldowns.

[WORX]
Members
1,877 posts
12,948 battles

Its not that DDs suck, if you can handle/take advantage of the limited opportunities for DDs in these operations I mean have at it. FOr the rest of us, running DD is not beneficial to the overall good out come of the fleet. That said good job on your efforts, just keep in mind not everyone is that incline to repeat your lvl of competence :P. 

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

What's your captain build?

Just training a 10pt capt in the Anshan. PM, LS, BFT, and CE

Fushun's capt is also 10pt but has Torp reload instead of BFT.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
27 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Anshan and her tech tree sister Fushun are Russian Gnevny class DD's transferred to China.

Actually, if you look at their profiles, Anshan is a Gremyaschy class DD; WoW advertised it that way when it was first introduced.

[INTEL]
Members
803 posts
8,339 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Actually, if you look at their profiles, Anshan is a Gremyaschy class DD; WoW advertised it that way when it was first introduced.

If WG said that they are mistaken, Gremy is a Gnevny. Gnevny was the first ship of Project 7.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,278 posts
7,882 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Gremy is a Gnevny-class destroyer as well though...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
3 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

If WG said that they are mistaken, Gremy is a Gnevny. Gnevny was the first ship of Project 7.

3 minutes ago, Woofship said:

Gremy is a Gnevny-class destroyer as well though...

Makes a lot of sense with the equal reloads and other stats; don't understand why the HPs are different though. And actually, Gremy was one of the original 3 ships offered as the buy in ships for closed beta, making her the first of the 4 to be in the game, followed by Anshan, which is why WoW stated it was Gremy class ship; there wasn't a Gnevny at the time.

[DRG_N]
Members
427 posts
588 battles

DD's don't suck in Ops or Co-Op, their lives are just pure hell since their stealth (effectively) doesn't work. Bots are always aware of where player ships are, and always target the ones with lowest HP.

Edited by Highlord

[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
5,266 battles

Well, it isn't that DDs suck in operations, it is just that cruisers (CA and CLs) suck less.  :Smile_teethhappy:

I can, and have, done well with the British DD, Gallant, but I do much better in cruisers.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,736 posts

Just did a round of Aegis. 3 Fubuki and a Duca on the team. Did not turn out well. DDs with an average player just don't do the damage

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,773 battles

For anyone who wants to see how to run DDs in any of the operations, check out my YouTube channel. I have replays up for every operation you can use a destroyer in currently and I've been making short strategies and tactics videos as well.

For Aegis, I have 7 full replays in a destroyer (one not run by me) and the other replays are of other ships that are mirror replays of the same game for the battleship farming strategy I developed. So far that is now in its third version and I don't see how it will change unless they overhaul the scenario like they are doing to Raptor Rescue. No strategies and tactics videos yet for Aegis as those are still coming, though most of them are done.

Here is the link to my YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85uXS6bvbFqp7Y7L5QeYIQ

Edited by Lightninger

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles

I 5 starred all operations, including Narai, with exception of Hermes and Cherry Blossom, by playing DD. Hatsuharu (Stock) and Shiratsuyu being the two primary DDs, but I accomplished the Feat with Fubuki, and Akatsuki. currently, those 4 ships do not have a captain capable of the feat again, due to lack of CE on each of them.

0 Ships suck in operations. It's the player behind the ship that doesn't know how to handle the chosen ship in operations.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

Members
38 posts
902 battles
13 hours ago, Highlord said:

DD's don't suck in Ops or Co-Op, their lives are just pure hell since their stealth (effectively) doesn't work. Bots are always aware of where player ships are, and always target the ones with lowest HP.

The bots don't seem to miss either.

Members
9,985 posts
15 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

This isnt even my best damage match in a DD, it just happens to be my new record for Cits in an Op. Best damage today was 198k in Fushun.

Anshan34one.thumb.PNG.76f14cf9e0965fc3f62c2ff290186a24.PNG

How did we lose..... Hard to tell....

Anshan34two.PNG.7c5a593e241ae3f4fcec2ebbed752079.PNG

And no it wasn't garbage Fire damage...

.Anshan34three.thumb.PNG.f79c2a01392615ee66ec91128a28543e.PNG

Sigh...

What's your point? You had a bag full of potatoes and you couldn't drag them all across the finish, because your ship isn't capable of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

And you had two other DD's which made the entire game a losing proposition. These scenarios have no business loading three dd's in at all, it should be one max.

That was the  really nice thing about hte new Tier 8 scenario...didn't have to worry about clods in dd's...:Smile_hiding:

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,773 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

What's your point? You had a bag full of potatoes and you couldn't drag them all across the finish, because your ship isn't capable of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

And you had two other DD's which made the entire game a losing proposition. These scenarios have no business loading three dd's in at all, it should be one max.

That was the  really nice thing about hte new Tier 8 scenario...didn't have to worry about clods in dd's...:Smile_hiding:

Sometimes more than one DD is necessary. My strategy for Aegis to farm extra damage by purposely spawning the battleships requires two destroyers.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

For every one player in a dd that has an outstanding game, there are 100 more that suck the chrome right off a bumper. 

• Cool 1