You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TitanicMan2

why am i so bad at this ship

31 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
3 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

srsly 

5b46772894dd5_whydoisuck.png.0c6c6a4c722361f6c73bc4457cd721f3.png

Please elaborate. Other than pulling up your stats to see whether you are generally bad, or just bad in this particular ship, or inexperienced at high tier, either you have very low damage dealt or very high - suggesting your farming damage off BBs instead of killing high priority targets like DDs, low kill counts, suggesting you don’t finish off wounded enemies who limp off to heal back up and keep shooting you. 

So, tell us - how do you play the Missouri???

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

That's a low survival rate. Maybe you are either being too aggressive, overextending trying to use radar (which isnt necessarily bad, you may be trying to help your team), maybe showing too much broadside (the MO still can get citadeled pretty nasty. 

I think it's me just overextending far too much. Showing too much broadside is also something that I do because since the lowering of the citadel, i sometimes take risks to show broadside in order to like change position and stuff. Maybe that's why

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

stats dont matter all that matters is winning the match

if you want better winrate stop playing the selfish game and be a teamplayer

i won lots of match with less then 50k damage but i helped the team

scoring 100k damage and being the last alive on your team means nothing if you lost the match

stats means nothing all that matters is the win wichever way you get it doesnt matter

teamplay before selfish play

always

• Boring 3

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Please elaborate. Other than pulling up your stats to see whether you are generally bad, or just bad in this particular ship, or inexperienced at high tier, either you have very low damage dealt or very high - suggesting your farming damage off BBs instead of killing high priority targets like DDs, low kill counts, suggesting you don’t finish off wounded enemies who limp off to heal back up and keep shooting you. 

So, tell us - how do you play the Missouri???

I don't know how to word it, but like "general". I often try to support team members in the ship when necessary. Most of the time my damage in the ship is OK for me but sometimes if I really stink in a match I die with less than 30k damage done. As someone else said I am probably playing the ship too aggressively. I mean I know when to move up and when to not, but sometimes I can be too overconfident, overextend, and can't retreat fast enough and I tend to die. I often become the focus of multiple enemies so I think I'm the first ship that they probably see. I do finish off wounded enemies and prioritize DDs. I often don't "kill", it's mostly the allies that manage to kill the enemy while I'm still reloading. I normally have high potential damage some times when I play the ship (don't know whats high but sometimes 1m-1.5m+). Most of the time I play similar in some of my other ships without the bow tanking part. I think that the Missouri being able to bow tank better than other ships could throw me off here as most times in other ships I don't bow tank and I can get out of enemy fire easier and quicker than I would in my Missouri. But I know that I wasn't as bad as something like my Iowa which was a ship i was OK at.

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
1 minute ago, iamplaya said:

stats dont matter all that matters is winning the match

if you want better winrate stop playing the selfish game and be a teamplayer

i won lots of match with less then 50k damage but i helped the team

scoring 100k damage and being the last alive on your team means nothing if you lost the match

stats means nothing all that matters is the win wichever way you get it doesnt matter

teamplay before selfish play

always

But I don't selfish play

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles

Over-aggressive and/or not too great at positioning with it is my guess.

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
9 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

I don't know how to word it, but like "general". I often try to support team members in the ship when necessary. Most of the time my damage in the ship is OK for me but sometimes if I really stink in a match I die with less than 30k damage done. As someone else said I am probably playing the ship too aggressively. I mean I know when to move up and when to not, but sometimes I can be too overconfident, overextend, and can't retreat fast enough and I tend to die. I often become the focus of multiple enemies so I think I'm the first ship that they probably see. I do finish off wounded enemies and prioritize DDs. I often don't "kill", it's mostly the allies that manage to kill the enemy while I'm still reloading. I normally have high potential damage some times when I play the ship (don't know whats high but sometimes 1m-1.5m+). Most of the time I play similar in some of my other ships without the bow tanking part. I think that the Missouri being able to bow tank better than other ships could throw me off here as most times in other ships I don't bow tank and I can get out of enemy fire easier and quicker than I would in my Missouri. But I know that I wasn't as bad as something like my Iowa which was a ship i was OK at.

Sounds like a positioning issue, and possibly lack of awareness of what your team is doing.

Positioning is hard to explain on the forum, unfortunately, but team awareness isn’t. Hold fire until your teammate fires (unless there is a juicy broadside that needs to be punished) and when enemy fires at your teammate, fire at the enemy at that moment. Your teammates are the best damage sponges - always have a few around you. Don’t go half cocked to one side of the map alone; make sure you have friendlies nearby. Shoot at what they shoot at to kill enemies faster.

Tbh, your radar only works mid-late battle - rushing to a cap edge too early will get you focused and killed, even if you do radar that DD for a bit. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
1 minute ago, TitanicMan2 said:

But I don't selfish play

im not saying you do

and yes keep i  mind that the majority of players are selfish players who care not about the team

they only care about their personal stat

my advice to you tell thr team at the start of the match your gameplan

then you might actually get some teamates to tag along with you

dont worry about all those guys camping in the back they are those selfish stats player they dont care about winning

if you can get 2 or 3 teammates to help you win the match most of the time thats all you need

hell if it wasnt for the new pink system crap i would torp and kill any yamato at the start of the match in my team  if i didnt see him move in to help the team

but ya in short i find telling the team at the start what your gonna be doing helps having better matchs

and has long has you tried winning and lost cause of all the campers....its no big deal they dont deserve to win so it serves them well

my 2 cents

• Bad 1

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Sounds like a positioning issue, and possibly lack of awareness of what your team is doing.

Positioning is hard to explain on the forum, unfortunately, but team awareness isn’t. Hold fire until your teammate fires (unless there is a juicy broadside that needs to be punished) and when enemy fires at your teammate, fire at the enemy at that moment. Your teammates are the best damage sponges - always have a few around you. Don’t go half cocked to one side of the map alone; make sure you have friendlies nearby. Shoot at what they shoot at to kill enemies faster.

Tbh, your radar only works mid-late battle - rushing to a cap edge too early will get you focused and killed, even if you do radar that DD for a bit. 

Hope that helps. 

I always make sure there are allies around me. But target prioritization, yes, I think what you say could improve my gameplay and make it a bit better. I don't rush caps to radar them really, I radar DDs if they happen to be in range and if me and my team could benefit from it really.

3 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

im not saying you do

and yes keep i  mind that the majority of players are selfish players who care not about the team

they only care about their personal stat

my advice to you tell thr team at the start of the match your gameplan

then you might actually get some teamates to tag along with you

dont worry about all those guys camping in the back they are those selfish stats player they dont care about winning

if you can get 2 or 3 teammates to help you win the match most of the time thats all you need

hell if it wasnt for the new pink system crap i would torp and kill any yamato at the start of the match in my team  if i didnt see him move in to help the team

but ya in short i find telling the team at the start what your gonna be doing helps having better matchs

and has long has you tried winning and lost cause of all the campers....its no big deal they dont deserve to win so it serves them well

my 2 cents

I don't worry about my stats that often. I use it as an indicator if I'm doing it anything wrong and just to compare it with my other stats really. Most of the time in games I simply go with the flow and see how it turns out.

I don't really see what your point here is. Are you, yourself complaining about teams not pushing up and capping zones and supporting you? That is sometimes an issue but sometimes too, it's better than just charging into an enemy formation and getting surrounded and having all your ships die.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
14 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

your not doing anything wrong the team is not helping you so your getting  focus fired thats all.

dont let it bring you down play to win and hope for the best

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
1 minute ago, TitanicMan2 said:

I always make sure there are allies around me. But target prioritization, yes, I think what you say could improve my gameplay and make it a bit better. I don't rush caps to radar them really, I radar DDs if they happen to be in range and if me and my team could benefit from it really.

I don't worry about my stats that often. I use it as an indicator if I'm doing it anything wrong and just to compare it with my other stats really. Most of the time in games I simply go with the flow and see how it turns out.

I don't really see what your point here is. Are you, yourself complaining about teams not pushing up and capping zones and supporting you? That is sometimes an issue but sometimes too, it's better than just charging into an enemy formation and getting surrounded and having all your ships die.

better charging in trying to help a win then wasting 20minute on a match with a bunch of campers and lose the match anyway

dying to try to win no biggie grab another ship and play another match

you will make more credit n xp that way anyway

and you wont have to watch that boring camping match that was already lost in the first 2 minute of the match.

just a waste of time and makes it way more frustrating then it has to be

let the campers lose do your part early on die cause of no team support its ok

reload another game and have fun

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Try not to just pick a cap and get it come hell or high water right from the beginning.  Don't be the first in the advance, you'll be one of the first spotted and if you meet half or more of their team you'll be focused down and citted as you turn to kite.  Try holding back a bit at the start, look at your range circle on the mini map, always check the mini map.  Know how many ships the enemy have and gauge by that where most of them are and are not before you fully commit to a push.  Use your priority target, if you are suddenly lit up and broadside to the enemy, assume you are about to be AP broadsided and immediately angle your armor, preferably in the opposite direction.

Main thing is to first correct your weakness which is dying A Lot.  19 matches survived out of 124 is pretty astounding.  Fix that first and work on the rest later.  Trying to be great in all respects all at once won't work.

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
6 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

better charging in trying to help a win then wasting 20minute on a match with a bunch of campers and lose the match anyway

dying to try to win no biggie grab another ship and play another match

you will make more credit n xp that way anyway

and you wont have to watch that boring camping match that was already lost in the first 2 minute of the match.

just a waste of time and makes it way more frustrating then it has to be

let the campers lose do your part early on die cause of no team support its ok

reload another game and have fun

Many times in battle you HAVE to accept that your team on one flank is out numbered and out gunned. Staying at range will allow you to preserve your ships better and even allow you to thin out the enemy ships for a counter attack. Or, there's another tactic called kiting. You go in a somewhat retreating motion and have the enemy chase you, and then they overextend into your own lines.

• Cool 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
2 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

Many times in battle you HAVE to accept that your team on one flank is out numbered and out gunned. Staying at range will allow you to preserve your ships better and even allow you to thin out the enemy ships for a counter attack. Or, there's another tactic called kiting. You go in a somewhat retreating motion and have the enemy chase you, and then they overextend into your own lines.

uh uh ya let your  teamate die while you retreat and weaken that flank even more.

you go ahead and play that way if you want its your choice

i dont

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
8 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Try not to just pick a cap and get it come hell or high water right from the beginning.  Don't be the first in the advance, you'll be one of the first spotted and if you meet half or more of their team you'll be focused down and citted as you turn to kite.  Try holding back a bit at the start, look at your range circle on the mini map, always check the mini map.  Know how many ships the enemy have and gauge by that where most of them are and are not before you fully commit to a push.  Use your priority target, if you are suddenly lit up and broadside to the enemy, assume you are about to be AP broadsided and immediately angle your armor, preferably in the opposite direction.

Main thing is to first correct your weakness which is dying A Lot.  19 matches survived out of 124 is pretty astounding.  Fix that first and work on the rest later.  Trying to be great in all respects all at once won't work.

yep good advice here

just dont retreat and let 1 or 2 teammate die if you can get out with them fine if not and your caught fight it out makes your death and theirs matter

take has many down with you has you can

never let your teammates die cause you decided to high tale and run

they expected you to help them

nothing worst then pushing s flank and seeing a ship or 2 turning around and leaving you outnumbered

[-THOR]
Members
591 posts
3,246 battles
9 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

uh uh ya let your  teamate die while you retreat and weaken that flank even more.

you go ahead and play that way if you want its your choice

i dont

If my teammate dies then honestly it's his fault, he should've known he was outgunned and that he wouldn't last long, even under support. Most of the time if I die in my Missouri, I don't blame my team, I blame myself because I did something wrong, not them, unless it's very obvious

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

At a glance my first guess is that you are too anxious to use the radar in the beginning instead of closer to the middle or the end. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
Just now, TitanicMan2 said:

If my teammate dies then honestly it's his fault, he should've known he was outgunned and that he wouldn't last long, even under support. Most of the time if I die in my Missouri, I don't blame my team, I blame myself because I did something wrong, not them, unless it's very obvious

and what is that support you speak off those players 20km from the cap shooting shells in the water and bouncing the rest on armor?

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
17 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

yep good advice here

just dont retreat and let 1 or 2 teammate die if you can get out with them fine if not and your caught fight it out makes your death and theirs matter

take has many down with you has you can

never let your teammates die cause you decided to high tale and run

they expected you to help them

nothing worst then pushing s flank and seeing a ship or 2 turning around and leaving you outnumbered

Your own team will as often get you killed as the enemy; this doesn't mean camping or running at the first sign of a fight.  But this guy is getting himself slaughtered.  Severely.  He has to stop that first if real improvement is the goal.

Ultimately you have to be a team player while watching Everyone in the match.  Countless times I've been on a flank where we're either horribly outnumbered, outplayed, whatever, yet managed to stay alive while doing damage and drawing fire so that the rest of the team on the other side of the map can do their work.  You can't think of just yourself and what You can do.  The object should always be to Win, however capable or otherwise your own team happens to be at it.

I'd outscore a record like that with a T5 BB, every time.  Address the worst issue first, which in this case is being brutally slaughtered.  It is significant player error, but that's ok.  The game wouldn't be worth playing if we are unable to improve ourselves and enjoy the success.  My own record in the NC marks where I began a serious effort to improve my game; it dates from the end of 2015.  40% WR or something like that.  I started watching YouTube videos and paying real attention to the meta, tactics, etc.  Never played NC again so that record stands as a testament to sucking.

Edited by BullHalsey

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts
1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

Your own team will as often get you killed as the enemy; this doesn't mean camping or running at the first sign of a fight.  But this guy is getting himself slaughtered.  Severely.  He has to stop that first if real improvement is the goal.

Ultimately you have to be a team player while watching Everyone in the match.  Countless times I've been on a flank where we're either horribly outnumbered, outplayed, whatever, yet managed to stay alive while doing damage and drawing fire so that the rest of the team on the other side of the map can do their work.  You can't think of just yourself and what You can do.  The object should always be to Win, however capable or otherwise your own team happens to be at it.

yes i agree with your comment

wich is why i say the best thing to do his tell your team your gameplan at the start

it helps alot if you ask me and sometime if a teammate has another idea im glad to go with it thats what teamplay is afterall

ill hightail n run with  my dd if im too outnumbered on a flank or cap

but if im.playing my bb or ca and i told the team im going to a or going to flank west im not gonna abandon them at first sign of trouble

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
4 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

yes i agree with your comment

wich is why i say the best thing to do his tell your team your gameplan at the start

it helps alot if you ask me and sometime if a teammate has another idea im glad to go with it thats what teamplay is afterall

ill hightail n run with  my dd if im too outnumbered on a flank or cap

but if im.playing my bb or ca and i told the team im going to a or going to flank west im not gonna abandon them at first sign of trouble

Yes this is true, and I have also found in general that the very worst teams do not communicate at all.  Hell, perhaps some of them are so bad they don't even know how to use the chat. 

Trust your own team no more than the enemy.  Observe them and more times than not you'll know when they are at least decent enough to support.  But before the last fool or two gets himself wiped out, if that is what is developing, start turning out and kiting before that happens.  If you are indeed a good player then you are worth far more alive than dead.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles

Very first time I played the MO Money was a PvE game just to get a feel for it.  It was a PvE loss.  Thing is, there were two other MO's in the game as well.