You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Hitting Allies & Not Knowing It

7 comments in this topic

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,494 battles

I have about 540 battles and this is my first post. Some things I have figured out but this one I cannot.

As hard as I try to keep my gunfire away from my cohorts, somehow when the battle is over, I see that I have hit

someone. The problem I have is that I don't remember who or when.  When WG posts that I hit someone, please indicate

who it was & what the damage was. I really do try to keep my eyes  open to circumvent my shots to the enemy

and sometimes that can be pretty hard. I feel like this accuracy on your part would help because if I knew my mistake, I could

correct it. Does that seem hard ??  No.  As many stats as you can calculate for these moments at sea, you could find

a way to let a fellow officer know who he shot.  I don't want my ship to turn pink. (lolol)

Thanks for the help.

[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles

When you damage a member of your team, you get the audio message "don't fire on your allies" as well as a pink message telling you you hit in game chat.

There is also a notice on your detailed report screen after the match.

Edited by Darksaint1071
spelling/clarification
  • Cool 3

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,530 battles

I have accidentally hit teammates and not realized it at the time.  As Darksaint mentioned, just take a look at the after action report under the Detail Report tab if you are not already looking after battles.  Any team damage is CLEARLY shown highlighted in pink.  

[PVE]
Members
507 posts
4,320 battles

Are you sure you didn't simply bump into them? That gives them a miniscule amount of damage that will show up as ramming on the final screens.

• Cool 1

Members
1,240 posts
8,956 battles

just claim you're red/green colorblind....mistakes were made, but not by you....

[5D5]
Members
2,281 posts
14,311 battles
2 hours ago, Darksaint1071 said:

When you damage a member of your team, you get the audio message "don't fire on your allies" as well as a pink message telling you you hit in game chat.

There is also a notice on your detailed report screen after the match.

I doubt the OP has ever looked at the detailed report or he wouldn't be making such statements as though it never existed.

Also with that font size I almost think he's trolling.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,494 battles

I did not get an audible saying "Don't fire at your allies" and there was no PINK thing right after that. When the  battle was over there was nothing.

However, after about the third battle, I received that notice at the top of the screen indicating I had the notice and that I had to go through

two battles with no issues to clear my name.  I might remind you all that there are some glitches in this game and we now may have discovered one of them.

I would like to say the if there is someone with the Wargamers.net  group looking at these posts, someone should set up a situation and (for themselves)

and see exactly what happens with several of the conditions surrounding the "Hitting Someone" scenario.