Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Question for you tier 8-10 DD players.

50 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
Members
986 posts
7,021 battles

I know radar is an issue, but even though i will be kind of bringing it up it is not what this post is about. I see many complaints from DD players about radar and how it is hurting higher tier dd play. What i do not understand is why i am seeing so many tier 8-10 DD hurting their own concealment by not using camo. Why is this? Not using camo puts you and your team at a disadvantage right from the start of the match. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,663 battles

what is this camo you speak of never heard of it

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,442 battles

If they're decent players, more than likely they just forgot it (I've sailed a naked Tirpitz before because I forgot to enable automated resupply).  If they're not very good (and it's usually pretty obvious based on what they do from the get-go), it's probably because they can't afford to play at those tiers otherwise and that's a measure in trying to avoid losing so much money.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Some camos are really faint as well. The alternate permacamo on Gearing is quiet light I often check to make sure I've got camo on in port, lol.

Beta Testers
503 posts
6,584 battles

I think average to awesome players get it and come to PvP with Camo and flags ready to play.  I have more than one player remark, after I asked why they didn't use camo or flags, that they didn't want to spend real cash. I <facepalmed> at them given their tier (wasn't T10 thank goodness) and told them that these things were absolutely free to obtain.  But still I see people without them in PvP.

Could be like others mention, auto resupply of a camo ran out and they didn't notice.  Happened to me as well.  Load up into a game and you're like "WTH???"

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
665 posts
7,614 battles
9 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

If they're decent players, more than likely they just forgot it (I've sailed a naked Tirpitz before because I forgot to enable automated resupply).  If they're not very good (and it's usually pretty obvious based on what they do from the get-go), it's probably because they can't afford to play at those tiers otherwise and that's a measure in trying to avoid losing so much money.

Running out of inventory but do not have resupply with in-game currency enabled.   That would be me...

Edited by ClassicLib

[_AFW_]
Members
986 posts
7,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Hi Shadow

hello :Smile_Default:

Thanks all for the replies. I am just frustrated a bit i guess at some of the stuff i am seeing in higher tiers of late. 

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,442 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

Running out of inventory but do not have resupply with in-game currency enabled.   That would be me...

Something I've seen a decent amount of lately that completely blows my mind is premium ships using basic camos instead of their premium camos.  Obviously it's too complex for me to understand.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Shadow_NA said:

hello :Smile_Default:

Thanks all for the replies. I am just frustrated a bit i guess at some of the stuff i am seeing in higher tiers of late. 

No worries. Basically just remember this, if my Asashio can handle it, so can any IJN DD. I always have camo on because I almost only use Prem Camo. I do have signals on too but I usually forget about them. I focus more on supporting and spotting for my team in addition to being a decoy. This is how I play IJN DDs lately and it has done me well. My tactics are in my threads in my signature. Check it out and maybe it can help you.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,712 battles

There have been occasions where I've run out of a special camo and not noticed before entering battle, or forgot to set the auto re-supply button. :Smile_facepalm:

Other times I just like to run around naked with my torps flowing in the breeze!  :cap_wander_2: :Smile-_tongue:

As for others, I think they see it as a cost they want to do without.  But yes, it does hinder you and your team when you do so.

[INTEL]
Members
665 posts
7,614 battles
Just now, Deviathan said:

Something I've seen a decent amount of lately that completely blows my mind is premium ships using basic camos instead of their premium camos.  Obviously it's too complex for me to understand.

By basic camo you me the Type 1, 2 and 5?  Yeah, I've seen that a few times.

The Promo camo?  Alrighty...I do that.  Just to get the extra bonus on EXP or FXP.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

The Promo camo?  Alrighty...I do that.  Just to get the extra bonus on EXP or FXP.

I've found that if I don't use IJN Green Camo, I end up losing and playing horribly.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,442 battles
3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Yeah I'll often use special camos on premiums, especially the ones that only get +50% XP bonus to their perma camo, I just mean the Type 1, 2 and 5.  I've seen several premium T8 battleships rolling around in them lately and honestly it confuses me more than if they don't even have any camo.

Edited by Deviathan

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles

Why waste effort on a camo if you're going to die in the 1st couple minutes anyways

[RLGN]
Members
8,305 posts
17,365 battles
40 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

ninja’d a bit by some others...

One reason I do this is if I reach the third container, but still want to play, I may use standard camo because collecting extra xp/credits is pointless after that, (820mil credits, 11mil fxp and ship xp  combined.)

That, and to use some of them up. Thanks to daily containers I have about 200 each of all three types.

Another reason is maybe they’re just tired of the premium camo. I like the look of the old 1, 2, and 5. That, plus they have nostalgia value from back in the day when they were all I had/could afford.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,442 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

ninja’d a bit by some others...

One reason I do this is if I reach the third container, but still want to play, I may use standard camo because collecting extra xp/credits is pointless after that, (820mil credits, 11mil fxp and ship xp  combined.)

Another reason is maybe they’re just tired of the premium camo. I like the look of the old 1, 2, and 5. That, plus they have nostalgia value from back in the day when they were all I had/could afford.

I've started buying back tree ships I enjoyed and/or want to improve my performance in, so my current grind is captains for them instead of ships (only IJN torp DD line left to do, no CVs until I see what they're doing with the rework).  Gotta use the perma or special camos as much as I can :')

Edited by Deviathan

[FORM]
Members
261 posts
5,212 battles

I have seen this and not just on DD but on CA that need stealth to be more effective like the Zao. The main problem is many players in the higher tiers now are short on cash, just bad or both. A few that i have talked to are not paying for premium accounts and that can make you run short of cash quick in the higher tiers. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,005 posts
13,744 battles

It only gives them 200 meters extra concealment so unless you are very unlucky you will counter spot any similar DD within seconds. So in the greater scheme of things it is not that bigger deal.

Having said that it only costs 7,500 credits for type 1 camo and that is all they need.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I have also been noticing a lack in camo at the higher tiers. Almost every other battle. Not just DDs, actually quite a few BBs.

I try to equip camo for every match, but sometimes there are mistakes made.

I'm not really sure why WG made a camo that just increases dispersion chance for the enemy ships shooting at you and nothing else. Seems pretty pointless to me since it doesn't reduce detection.

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
35 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Why waste effort on a camo if you're going to die in the 1st couple minutes anyways

There's definitely something to that.

I mean, if getting radared and blown up is pretty much your experience every match, what does it matter? 

Radar doesn't care about your 3% extra concealment.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

There's definitely something to that.

I mean, if getting radared and blown up is pretty much your experience every match, what does it matter? 

Radar doesn't care about your 3% extra concealment.

Because it is hard to not have camo? This ain't WoT where I literally had no money. WoWS is so much easier to restock/rearm consumables. In the end, it is up to the player. There is no changing their mind if they won't change.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

im a newb dd player but i find in high tier match best thing to do is circle the cap and scout it before doing a move to cap

so i dont think radar that big a deal really   

yea sure sometime you get screwed but if you play smart it aint has bad has people make it to be

its not any worst for a dd then any other ship over extending themself

my 2 cent

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

I do that on my Fujin as I don't like the orange camo, but other than that IDK

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

im a newb dd player but i find in high tier match best thing to do is circle the cap and scout it before doing a move to cap

so i dont think radar that big a deal really   

yea sure sometime you get screwed but if you play smart it aint has bad has people make it to be

its not any worst for a dd then any other ship over extending themself

my 2 cent

Be near the cap, just don't take it yet. That is what I try to do.

Sign in to follow this