Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

Stop placing 1 or 2 tier 8 ships in tier 10 battles

121 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

73
[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
127 posts
5,400 battles

You've lost me now that tier 8 is completely broken. Every battle in a tier 8 ship i'm just a free kill to tier 10 ships. Tier 9 battles are not an issue as those ships are still balanced. Tier 10 is so overpowered compared to tier 8 there's no point to purchase another premium ship. You can earn more XP and credits in tier 7 as you don't get instantly deleted.

 

  • Cool 16
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Hey look it's another match maker complaint thread!

:fish_aqua:

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 13
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
127 posts
5,400 battles

Yup. Getting into a tier 10 battle is not the issue. Being the solo tier 8 in a tier 10 battle is. This is not balanced.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,668 battles

Yep it happens all the time especially with the dwindling DD numbers in the upper tiers you're almost guaranteed to be in T10 always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,484 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Deal with it

Thats my gut reaction as well but IMO this  has a negative impact on the rest of us as well. Last night I was in a match with my Yammy & it was a great fight, real slug fest. My ship was one of the last to go down & when I warped to the only other alive ship it was a NC undamaged that had been apparently sailing back & forth on the the back row actively avoiding contact. I asked him wth & he said it was a T10 match & he was staying out of it. NC aint a bad ship that can hold its own or at least do its part in a T10 match. I cant help but wonder if he had engaged if we wouldnt have won the match. His isnt the only T8 I have seen slinking around, just the most egregious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

Depends on the ship. Kagerou clone in T10? Sign me up. Bismarck in T10? Kill me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, MizzenMast said:

Thats my gut reaction as well but IMO this  has a negative impact on the rest of us as well. Last night I was in a match with my Yammy & it was a great fight, real slug fest. My ship was one of the last to go down & when I warped to the only other alive ship it was a NC undamaged that had been apparently sailing back & forth on the the back row actively avoiding contact. I asked him wth & he said it was a T10 match & he was staying out of it. NC aint a bad ship that can hold its own or at least do its part in a T10 match. I cant help but wonder if he had engaged if we wouldnt have won the match. His isnt the only T8 I have seen slinking around, just the most egregious.

Pretty much. Other than CAs, I won't care who I fight in my BBs (mostly just Richelieu) and do well enough against Tier X. If I do lose and sink, that is my own fault and not my ships fault. I commanded her bad and I let her down. She did not let me down. It is up to the player to find a way to win. Otherwise they just come here to complain.

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
127 posts
5,400 battles

Battleships can survive. If a cruiser i'm basically sailing around for 10 minutes waiting for the big hitters to die so i can actually get some damage if i get detected. If the higher tier maps where cruiser friendly it wouldn't be an issue.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[POP]
Members
1,236 posts
8,354 battles
12 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

Depends on the ship. Kagerou clone in T10? Sign me up. Bismarck in T10? Kill me.

I watch a damaged (50%) Henry VI absolutely wreck a Bismark (also about 50%) at 4-5km. I thought that cruiser was dead meat. The Bismark never even got off a main battery volley at him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[TBW]
Members
6,421 posts
12,065 battles

It is, yet another MM thread, you do have to ask why so many people write them. WG themselves has protected tiers for the same reasons that the people are complaining. I for one think that they should at least try something different. What that would be, is for smarter people than I, to figure out. The question is where will they find someone smarter than I. The first thing I would try is a two tier Match Maker, it would be super easy to implement and if it did not work out and people really hated it. It would be super easy to revert back. I would feel sorry for all of you tier 8 players that really love to be up tiered though. Why is seal clubbing at tiers 5 and 8 any different than 3 and 4?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
127 posts
5,400 battles

Or they can use the same Matchmaking of their Brother game (WOT) that took years of  constant complaints and did something about it. Now they have the 3 levels of Matchmaker. Solves the issue as the lowers tier ships are no longer food.

 

1.Three levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :3 Tanks at the top(top tiers), 5 at the middle and the rest are vehicles equal in tier.
2.Two levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :5 Tanks at the top(top tiers), and the rest at the bottom, featuring vehicles equal in tier.
3.One level battle: Well, you understand what it means :)

Edited by EasternSun
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,826
[SALVO]
Members
17,155 posts
17,812 battles
18 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Or they can use the same Matchmaking of their Brother game (WOT) that took years of  constant complaints and did something about it. Now they have the 3 levels of Matchmaker. Solves the issue as the lowers tier ships are no longer food.

 

1.Three levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :3 Tanks at the top(top tiers), 5 at the middle and the rest are vehicles equal in tier.
2.Two levels battles: This template manages to create teams with :5 Tanks at the top(top tiers), and the rest at the bottom, featuring vehicles equal in tier.
3.One level battle: Well, you understand what it means :)

In WOWS, it's probably manifest itself this way (using a tier 10 battles as the example):

3 tier battles: 2 tier 10, 4 tier 9, 6 tier 8

2 tier battles: 5 tier 10, 7 tier 9; or possibly 4 t10 and 8 t9, or 6 t10 and 6 t9.

1 tier battles: obviously 12 tier 10.

 

I agree that this sounds good, but it's possible that there could be issues.  For example, it might cause tier 8's to be bottom tier far more often than top tier.  Given the current MM tier structure, this would hold true for tier 7 as well as tier 8.  Tier 5 and 6 would be a little different because they're both tier +2/-1 MM.  All that said, it would still be better as a tier 8 to be in a tier 10 battle where there were only 2 t10's and 4 t9's and 5 other t8's than to be the lone t8 on your team facing a single tier 8 on the other team.  On the whole, I think that this would probably be an improvement on the current MM.  It also helps that there are no preferential MM ships in the game, which IIRC was a problem in WoT with pref MM tanks in this type of MM system.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[H_]
Members
814 posts

I've been the lone Tier 8 in a great many matches....  I play DD and CA mostly at Tier 8 and it is "difficult" to find parity being 2 down...  Yes, it is not impossible but, with the radar meta, it makes it at best messy....

I really don't like playing two tiers down all of the time.  A balance sure would be nice.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,389
[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

NC aint a bad ship that can hold its own or at least do its part in a T10 match. I cant help but wonder if he had engaged if we wouldnt have won the match. His isnt the only T8 I have seen slinking around, just the most egregious.

Do it’s part? NC might just as well not have armor for all the good it does in a T10 game. Even destroyers carve hp off one like blubber off a whale.

Not gonna be a shell sponge for T9-10s hiding in the rocks. They need to move up and do their jobs if they want any support from a bottom-tiered T8.

Even saying that, what really drives me batty in higher tiered games, is the number of Tier 10 drivers who are either tunnel-visoning battleship farmers, or who are so utterly incapable of hitting a destroyer they don’t even bother trying.

Like; ‘THAT DESTROYER’S RIGHT FREAKING THERE! KILL IT!!!’

Watches a mostly full health cruiser or battleship die to a <25% destroyer... :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,760
Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

In WOWS, it's probably manifest itself this way (using a tier 10 battles as the example):

3 tier battles: 2 tier 10, 4 tier 9, 6 tier 8

2 tier battles: 5 tier 10, 7 tier 9; or possibly 4 t10 and 8 t9, or 6 t10 and 6 t9.

1 tier battles: obviously 12 tier 10.

 

I agree that this sounds good, but it's possible that there could be issues.  For example, it might cause tier 8's to be bottom tier far more often than top tier. 

After playing most of my battles as one of 3 or less T8s in T10 battles, I had a battle with a 1/2/3 ratio of T10/9/8.

If I could have every match like that, compared to what I experienced this past weekend, I'd honestly be ok with 100% bottom tier matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,244
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,726 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

Hey look it's another match maker complaint thread!

:fish_aqua:

I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

There are some ships better suited for being one of the only tier 8 ships in a mainly tier 10 battle. Some classes are better suited than others.

I do agree though, if there aren't many tier 8s in queue, then just don't put them in a match until there are more tier 8s in queue. I'd be fine waiting more than 30 seconds in queue just for a better team lineup tier by tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,824 battles

well dang I thought i was the only one who was constantly on the recieving end of the MM shaft. Wasnt there supposed to be a thing that if you get bottom tiered 4 matches in a row, you get a guaranteed top spot on the next match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[WOLF2]
Members
898 posts
7,321 battles
1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

Thats my gut reaction as well but IMO this  has a negative impact on the rest of us as well. Last night I was in a match with my Yammy & it was a great fight, real slug fest. My ship was one of the last to go down & when I warped to the only other alive ship it was a NC undamaged that had been apparently sailing back & forth on the the back row actively avoiding contact. I asked him wth & he said it was a T10 match & he was staying out of it. NC aint a bad ship that can hold its own or at least do its part in a T10 match. I cant help but wonder if he had engaged if we wouldnt have won the match. His isnt the only T8 I have seen slinking around, just the most egregious.

Agree, and let's expand this a bit to address what the OP is saying.  Yep, it completely sucks to be that lone T8.    While you shouldn't go full bore avoidance like the NC in this example, be sure to load your "eyes on a swivel" and "more caution" flags.    Where you might push hard, slow it down.   Where you might take a hail mary shot at range (and thus, spotted), you might wish to hold off.    Find a T10 BB and hug him/her.  Shadow and support your side of the map.    While it doesn't guarantee you'll make it through the match, it does allow you to be careful, yet still contribute.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,179 posts

For me, its not so much being the only T8 in such a battle, its the absolutely horrific game play of T10.  I'd rather play a T1 coop game than a T8-10 random game.  Its why my T8 and 9 ships sit in port.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
7 hours ago, EasternSun said:

You've lost me now that tier 8 is completely broken. Every battle in a tier 8 ship i'm just a free kill to tier 10 ships. Tier 9 battles are not an issue as those ships are still balanced. Tier 10 is so overpowered compared to tier 8 there's no point to purchase another premium ship. You can earn more XP and credits in tier 7 as you don't get instantly deleted.

 

I could tell you the reason for the 2 tier difference but my words will be deleted as has happened in the past, so it’s obviously something  Wows feels strongly about

the only way to deal with the situation of facing a 2 tier difference is change your playstyle and buddy up with a couple of ships you may get away with a little lone wolf Cruiser play in same tier but it’s a death sentence in a Vlll facing X ships 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,060
Members
3,826 posts
14,189 battles
7 hours ago, EasternSun said:

You've lost me now that tier 8 is completely broken. Every battle in a tier 8 ship i'm just a free kill to tier 10 ships. Tier 9 battles are not an issue as those ships are still balanced. Tier 10 is so overpowered compared to tier 8 there's no point to purchase another premium ship. You can earn more XP and credits in tier 7 as you don't get instantly deleted.

 

This is why I don't play my tier 8 ships in Random anymore. It's a shame too, because they're good ships.

31 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I could tell you the reason for the 2 tier difference but my words will be deleted as has happened in the past, so it’s obviously something  Wows feels strongly about

Let me guess, it has to do with $$$$$$.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,165 posts
3,665 battles
8 hours ago, MizzenMast said:

Thats my gut reaction as well but IMO this  has a negative impact on the rest of us as well. Last night I was in a match with my Yammy & it was a great fight, real slug fest. My ship was one of the last to go down & when I warped to the only other alive ship it was a NC undamaged that had been apparently sailing back & forth on the the back row actively avoiding contact. I asked him wth & he said it was a T10 match & he was staying out of it. NC aint a bad ship that can hold its own or at least do its part in a T10 match. I cant help but wonder if he had engaged if we wouldnt have won the match. His isnt the only T8 I have seen slinking around, just the most egregious.

at least contribute your HP, and fire the guns a bit before you die rather than getting less and screwing your team by sitting in the back SMH, i dont understand these people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×