Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

SMS Nassau

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles

I'm getting a little older so maybe I'm not comprehending the Dev blog change. In particular the line where reducing the heal consumable increases the effectiveness. That line right there should get the dumbest thing read on the internet award. I'm SMH right now.

Nevermind the reload nerf to the smallest BB guns at tier and second shortest range gets nerfed but the Belerophon just keeps on keeping on with it's OP self. Once again SMH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm getting a little older so maybe I'm not comprehending the Dev blog change. In particular the line where reducing the heal consumable increases the effectiveness. That line right there should get the dumbest thing read on the internet award. I'm SMH right now.

Nevermind the reload nerf to the smallest BB guns at tier and second shortest range gets nerfed but the Belerophon just keeps on keeping on with it's OP self. Once again SMH.

Yeah, it's unjustified. And that developer quote: :fish_palm:

 

In all honesty the only thing even remotely OP about the Nassau is her secondaries. But, just like Mikasa, they are relatively easy to deal with: just don't yolo into the secondary range of one of them.

 

On a side note, I once sunk a Chikuma with purely secondaries once in the Nassau. Not only could I not fire at her, as I was busy dealing with another target, I completely failed to notice that she was even there. I think the 150s citadeled her, which is not an uncommon thing for low-tier German BB 150 mm secondaries(which fire AP) to do to enemy cruisers showing a bit of broadside at extremely close range.

 

In addition, since her secondaries are really the only great thing about her, she already doesn't punch up well, especially with her short range.

 

Leave it to WG to decide a pretty balanced ship that is decent against it's own tier and below but uptiers horribly is OP, and that it should be nerfed hard. 

 

Well, yet another German BB that was once fairly good will now become just another grindwall by being nerfed into the ground..:fish_boom:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,427 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

Well, yet another German BB that was once fairly good will now become just another grindwall by being nerfed into the ground..

I wouldn't exactly call a T3 battleship a grindwall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
2 hours ago, legoboy0401 said:

 

Well, yet another German BB that was once fairly good slightly too powerful will now become just another grindwall by being nerfed into the ground..:fish_boom:

 

Fixed it for you.  When all the other BBs at tier have a 30 second reload, and it has a 22 second one (with marginally smaller guns), there is a massive issue.  Couple that with the best armor scheme and great secondaries.  It's been needing a nerf since it was released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
6 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Fixed it for you.  When all the other BBs at tier have a 30 second reload, and it has a 22 second one (with marginally smaller guns), there is a massive issue.  Couple that with the best armor scheme and great secondaries.  It's been needing a nerf since it was released.

Haha mwhaha have you experienced the pleasure of German Dispersion? There was a reason for the reload it's to make up for it's lack of range decent dispersion and terrible Sigma.

Try again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
8 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Haha mwhaha have you experienced the pleasure of German Dispersion? There was a reason for the reload it's to make up for it's lack of range decent dispersion and terrible Sigma.

Try again 

Oh, to be sure I have.  That's why you get close-which isn't a problem in nassau (or really any german BB until Bismarck).  Funny, the sigma is 1.8, same as all the other T3 BBs (but SC soon).  You don't need range in Nassau.  You want poor dispersion, play kawachi (I see you have).

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,051
Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm getting a little older so maybe I'm not comprehending the Dev blog change. In particular the line where reducing the heal consumable increases the effectiveness. That line right there should get the dumbest thing read on the internet award. I'm SMH right now.

Do you mean this comment?

Quote

Reducing the number of charges of this consumable will increase the effectiveness of experienced and novice players on the ship.

IMHO, that comment has earned them this nifty award;

the-duh-awards.jpg.b3f479c76501487a2a1c0d10c382635c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
1 hour ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Fixed it for you.  When all the other BBs at tier have a 30 second reload, and it has a 22 second one (with marginally smaller guns), there is a massive issue.  Couple that with the best armor scheme and great secondaries.  It's been needing a nerf since it was released.

What is total crap is that was the philosophy of the German Navy to go with smaller caliber guns for a higher rate of fire. That is what the ship was designed to do and Wargaming is Nerfing her............TRASH!!!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
57 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Do you mean this comment?

IMHO, that comment has earned them this nifty award;

the-duh-awards.jpg.b3f479c76501487a2a1c0d10c382635c.jpg

I'm saving this meme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

She's a very strong ship at her tier.

I would say she is only strong for Potatoes that don't know how to deal with her. I mash those things all day every day in my Wyoming. When it comes to fighting against them they are second from the bottom of T4 battleships that are to be feared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I would say she is only strong for Potatoes that don't know how to deal with her. I mash those things all day every day in my Wyoming. When it comes to fighting against them they are second from the bottom of T4 battleships that are to be feared.

True story I've seen it first hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
4 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I would say she is only strong for Potatoes that don't know how to deal with her. I mash those things all day every day in my Wyoming. When it comes to fighting against them they are second from the bottom of T4 battleships that are to be feared.

 

That's because Nassau is a T3.  If you count it as the second worst T4 BB, then you're acknowledging how powerful it is.  What T3 BB doesn't lose to Wyoming rather easily?

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

 

That's because Nassau is a T3.  If you count it as the second worst T4 BB, then you're acknowledging how powerful it is.  What T3 BB doesn't lose to Wyoming rather easily?

Belerophon, oh snap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Belerophon, oh snap.

If a Bellerophon doesn't lose to a wyoming easily, said wyoming player is incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

The extremely rare time I T3 BB these days its KA or SC.  They really put life into the SC when its range was increased.  I did like Nassau quite a lot though, and the subsequent Kaiser is right there with Nikolai in the right hands IMO, especially if you factor in AA that actually Works.  Only reason I can imagine them jacking around with T3 would be player retention.  If I had to pick one tech tree T3 BB for my own ultimate survival and damage dealing ability it would be the Nassau.  Perhaps they wish to discourage seal clubbing.  I used to love the Konig and kept it for that purpose until they nerfed its sigma.  No longer play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
1 hour ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Fixed it for you.  When all the other BBs at tier have a 30 second reload, and it has a 22 second one (with marginally smaller guns), there is a massive issue.  Couple that with the best armor scheme and great secondaries.  It's been needing a nerf since it was released.

This is absolutely right.

Konig got her sigma notched down from 2.0 to 1.8 in short order, and Nassau has been ridiculously overpowered since release because of her RoF and suitability for brawling.

Now I'll just wait until the Kaiser receives the small nerf she is due as well. Orion might have raw firepower, but isn't as flexible or tough as the Kaiser. Really easy ships to play.

Better yet, historical hulls for Kaiser and Konig, and the option for the Kaiserlichemarine flag. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
54 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

If a Bellerophon doesn't lose to a wyoming easily, said wyoming player is incompetent.

I don't have a ton of battles in it. I can safely say I've never been sunk by a Wyoming I quit playing it because it's easy mode the only thing more OP tech tree wise us Orion a tier higher. I quit playing Belerophon after killing an Ark Beta/ Nikolai S-Unicum Division with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I don't have a ton of battles in it. I can safely say I've never been sunk by a Wyoming I quit playing it because it's easy mode the only thing more OP tech tree wise us Orion a tier higher. I quit playing Belerophon after killing an Ark Beta/ Nikolai S-Unicum Division with ease.

Of course, Bellerophon also needs nerfs.  It (and Nassau) are pretty equally broken compared to the other BBs at tier.  That said, I've taken down a Bellerophon in Kawachi before, pretty sure he was a potato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Of course, Bellerophon also needs nerfs.  It (and Nassau) are pretty equally broken compared to the other BBs at tier.  That said, I've taken down a Bellerophon in Kawachi before, pretty sure he was a potato.

What's funny though is the server average for Belerophon if you look at it it's actually way lower than you would expect. The world of potatoes bring it's average down big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[MIA-A]
Members
2,040 posts
9,868 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

What's funny though is the server average for Belerophon if you look at it it's actually way lower than you would expect. The world of potatoes bring it's average down big time.

It's still 50% higher than Kawachi or South Carolina. Turrenne is new and barely played, but even it is lower (usually new ships are on top til stats normalize).  The only comparable ship to Bell is Nassau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×