You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ChazBotez

2 strikes, 7 day ban, false positive

4 comments in this topic

[LWC]
Members
4 posts
2,186 battles

This may get ignored, but perhaps someone out there can relate. 

A couple of months ago, I received a warning for using a mod/3rd party. I don't have/use any mods installed for WoWs.  I then thought about what could trigger this.  I concluded it was my Steam overlay so I stopped using it. 

This week I received a 7 day ban for a second time alleging use of mods/3rd party apps.  Again, I don't have/use any mods installed for WoWs.  Now baffled by what could've caused this, I realized it may have been when I plugged in my iPad via USB (to charge the battery) during a battle.  This caused a momentary overlay from my laptop to pop up asking me what I want to do with this device.  It didn't even cross my mind at the time, but the very next day, 7 day ban!  

I opened up a ticket only to receive an automated message to not use mods and no other help or further investigation/reconsideration. 

I am at a point where I have to walk on eggshells because a 3rd strike, I'm assuming, will get me a permanent ban.  This is unacceptable.   My statistics proved otherwise- I'm an average player not looking for any advantage.  I really enjoy the game.  Like the majority of players, I have spent money on a premium account, ships, and miscellaneous items.  And now this.  I am hesitant to invest in further premium items with only 1 more false positive. 

Again, if any Customer Service Rep actually reads this, please reconsider. 

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,090 battles

I would put a ticket in and speak to someone in charge about this important problem if I were you   

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
22 minutes ago, ChazBotez said:

A couple of months ago, I received a warning for using a mod/3rd party. I don't have/use any mods installed for WoWs.  I then thought about what could trigger this.  I concluded it was my Steam overlay so I stopped using it. 

This week I received a 7 day ban for a second time alleging use of mods/3rd party apps.  Again, I don't have/use any mods installed for WoWs.  Now baffled by what could've caused this, I realized it may have been when I plugged in my iPad via USB (to charge the battery) during a battle.  This caused a momentary overlay from my laptop to pop up asking me what I want to do with this device.  It didn't even cross my mind at the time, but the very next day, 7 day ban!  

I opened up a ticket only to receive an automated message to not use mods and no other help or further investigation/reconsideration. 

I am at a point where I have to walk on eggshells because a 3rd strike, I'm assuming, will get me a permanent ban.  This is unacceptable.   My statistics proved otherwise- I'm an average player not looking for any advantage.  I really enjoy the game.  Like the majority of players, I have spent money on a premium account, ships, and miscellaneous items.  And now this.  I am hesitant to invest in further premium items with only 1 more false positive. 

It’s been my experience in dealing with Wows when a ticket is filed that for me anyway they bent over backwards to Find a solution or figure out what’s going on .. file a ticket

Community Department
2,128 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, ChazBotez said:

33 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It’s been my experience in dealing with Wows when a ticket is filed that for me anyway they bent over backwards to Find a solution or figure out what’s going on .. file a ticket

Thanks for right opinion. It's the only way to protect account from permanent ban.
@ChazBotez, please make a ticket to the Support to prevent bad news in the future. Without certain reason, and from your post it can be understood, you would not avoid future ban.
The ban has 100% accuracy. So even if you haven't erased  3rd party mods correctly they would lead to the ban. 
I lock the topic till you have the info. Please contact me via PM when you recieve the answer from Support with certain issue. 

• Bad 1