Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Shippost: MRW when no changes for Italian 152mm rifles are included in the changes mentioned yesterday.

13 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
730 posts
63 battles

mediterraneo03.gif

This one goes out for @Dr_Venture :Smile_teethhappy:

Actually after playing Abruzzi with a 3 point captain I think I'm kind of having fun with it, still everyone and their dog targets me once I uncloak leaving me feel like:
mediterraneo07.gif
Ciao!

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

It seems with the low damage output of the Italian cruisers, the consensus was that the 152's should have 1/4 pen HE like the Germans.  But until the full Italian cruiser line is released, I doubt we will see any changes.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
730 posts
63 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

It seems with the low damage output of the Italian cruisers, the consensus was that the 152's should have 1/4 pen HE like the Germans.  But until the full Italian cruiser line is released, I doubt we will see any changes.

As with other premiums before tech tree ships we may not even see it after. There is still uncertainty about Harekaze receiving the 100mm changes, no? Both cruisers are middle of the roads stat wise so no need for QoL changes except if WG wants to make some money on Abruzzi. As only Helena lags behind in games played and that will change after the next tier VII operation rotation when more people fall in love with the ship.

However Abruzzi does have a ton of games played on EU so maybe the money has been made and that's that. :Smile_hiding:

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
8 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

As with other premiums before tech tree ships we may not even see it after. There is still uncertainty about Harekaze receiving the 100mm changes, no? Both cruisers are middle of the roads stat wise so no need for QoL changes except if WG wants to make some money on Abruzzi. As only Helena lags behind in games played and that will change after the next tier VII operation rotation when more people fall in love with the ship.

However Abruzzi does have a ton of games played on EU so maybe the money has been made and that's that. :Smile_hiding:

I mean I wish they’d buff ships I own haha. Can’t complain if they do. I’m assuming the Harekaze will receive the buff because it has the same guns and usually the changes are made to the guns instead of a specific ship with those guns. I said guns a little too much but you get the idea.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I mean I wish they’d buff ships I own

Then buy some Russian DDs.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
730 posts
63 battles
51 minutes ago, Umikami said:

One of the only advantages Italian ships had was traverse and now that is pretty much void. :cap_fainting:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

One of the only advantages Italian ships had was traverse and now that is pretty much void. :cap_fainting:

Welcome to the world of Russian Bias.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

About to finish up the Gnevny now. They’re fun but not exactly DD play in a normal sense. 

Edit: I get what you mean related to CL. They are a mixed bag.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
730 posts
63 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Welcome to the world of Russian Bias.

I really wouldn't mind Russian bias so much if it didn't seem to require Italy paying for the sin's of third Rome. :cap_old:

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
730 posts
63 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You get IFHE!

YOU get IFHE!

EVERYBODY GETS FREE IFHE!11!!

I don't really want IFHE. I know the argument is that the larger blast radius originally modeled caused detonations too efficiently. Italian HE was an instantaneous nose fuse so I've always been a bit hesitant about IFHE as the solution. I know there was a round at least in the works with a base fuse however afaik no one has details readily available and it appears that WG has not yet used any actual archive information. 

However we then look across the pond and see British battleship HE gets everything and the kitchen sink. :cap_win:

• IFHE
  • Huge blast radius
  • tremendous burn chance

So what is the correct answer? I haven't the foggiest.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I did the Russian Line found some good Ships and Found Russian Bias to be Real.

Miracles and Miracle Ships are all MADE IN CCCP 

[WOLF2]
Members
21 posts
3,982 battles

I believe, based on the Duca and Abruzzi, that WG is going for a DPM line that deals well with DDs and Cruisers, but bad with BBs. This is because they have pitiful fire chance and big citadels. Also, since they can carry def aa and hydro, they will be a line with lots of utility. Their armor will probably be good high tiers (the Zaras had a great belt thickness and the T9 and T10 paper ships should be based on Italian plans that look like well armoured big cruisers.) I've played a number of games in the Abruzzi, and she fits a close range DD hunter quite well but also has great velocity. They will probably be like Russian cruisers with better concealment, worse range, better maneuverability, worse HE, and different consumables.

Sign in to follow this