Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

How OP is Conq?

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
233 posts
4,631 battles

What are some of the totals of fires started using the Conq? I have the KGV and it will set easy 12-15 fires per battle. Is it possible to reach 40 fires started in battle using the Conq?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[1NJS]
Members
15 posts
1,497 battles

I was just in a battle against one of those and i was getting pissed. wasn't even 5 minutes into the battle and he had me burning alive. Needless to say i didn't make it much longer after that, and my team got prison [edited] that battle. I think we sank 1 ship 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[WOLFB]
Members
1,732 posts
8,282 battles

Depends on point of view. I don't find Conqueror to be OP when I fight him with my Zao or Henri.  If I fight him with my Yamato he's just annoying but not really OP 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles

It’s NOT OP. What it is though, is the most frustrating, unenjoyable experience in the game. Fighting a conqueror is painful not only because of how tough the ship is to kill, but because most captains just spam HE from long range. There’s something wrong about seeing a battleship spamming HE and lighting more fires than a cruiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,739
[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
15 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

It’s NOT OP. What it is though, is the most frustrating, unenjoyable experience in the game. Fighting a conqueror is painful not only because of how tough the ship is to kill, but because most captains just spam HE from long range. There’s something wrong about seeing a battleship spamming HE and lighting more fires than a cruiser. 

This. Conk is not OP. It just degrades the gameplay environment and brings nothing interesting or fun to the table. I hate having them on my team, since it is so difficult to carry in them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,461
[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles
39 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

This. Conk is not OP. It just degrades the gameplay environment and brings nothing interesting or fun to the table. I hate having them on my team, since it is so difficult to carry in them. 

Yep.  A poorly played Conqueror is actually not too tough to kill, as long as you mitigate their ability to zombie heal.  They don't hold up too well against concentrated AP fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,432 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

They don't hold up too well against concentrated AP fire.

Nor HE spam from cruisers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[-GPS-]
Members
2,540 posts
25,064 battles

NOT OP

Many play the Conqueror wrong. It’s accuracy is pretty lousy, but the AP is very strong when it hits. You just need to get in a bit closer.  You can do that in Conqueror.

The two greatest strengths of Conqueror are its heal and its concealment. 11.8 km detection is absurd for a T10 BB.  And the heal, well, everyone should be able to print a new ship at the push of the magic “T” button right?

OTOH a good Yamato player can wreck Conqueror given a decent angle.  A couple of cruisers can burn her to the waterline if, and only if, they won’t let go and disengage.

I like playing Conqueror in Randoms.  She did better for me this past Ranked season than any other T-10.  However, Montana and Yamato are my choices for Clan Wars.  You aren’t looking for DoT, you want Alpha stroke potential and you need to be able to kill cruisers with accuracy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Not OP? Get one humping the border at it's near max range firing HE on you with it's Magic Heal feature and tell me it's not OP. Belfast in her glory days was not this OP, seriously. 

You take it down to 25% of its health and off it goes, running, hiding, applying magicheal to the wounds. In no time at all she's back nearly full strength, spamming more HE. 

ONE ROUND will light your ship up. Just one. Don't need two or more. Just one round. 

Personally I think the Conqueror needs a swift kick in the jimmies (nerfed or neutered) because it totally destroys game "balance". Imagine three of them div'd together. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,864 posts
8,938 battles

As many have said not OP just annoying.

The strongest aspect of the Conqueror is you can have a decent game even if your team absolutely horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[-TAB-]
Members
1,330 posts
6,974 battles

It is not OP it is fun. It was even nerfed because it is well... a BB that is good at killing other BBs....which was clearly unintentional by Wargaming (hence the nerf) as they have no qualms about showing favoritism and coddling towards BBs.

Edited by zarth12
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,901
[HINON]
Supertester
19,233 posts
12,772 battles

Conq is not OP at all. Annoying, yes. Farms useless, easily repaired damage, yes. OP, no.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,752
[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts

The strength of the Conqueror is inversely proportional to the weakness of the opposing players.  If the Opfor decides to remove it from battle it is no harder than any other BB.  What usually happens thopugh is everyone sees it in play and runs screaming towards the nearest island.

She is 75% hype and 25% actual threat.  Which suits me just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
Members
2,398 posts
7,715 battles

OP? Yes and no. For the overall game balance? No. For the ship that is being targeted by Conqueror? Yes.

 

IMO Conqueror is one of the most idiot/retarded designs in WoWs, rewarding and encouraging poor gameplay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles
33 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

The strength of the Conqueror is inversely proportional to the weakness of the opposing players.  If the Opfor decides to remove it from battle it is no harder than any other BB.  What usually happens thopugh is everyone sees it in play and runs screaming towards the nearest island.

She is 75% hype and 25% actual threat.  Which suits me just fine.

I think you meant directly proportional to the weakness of the opposing players, or inversely proportional to the strength of the opposing players.  That would mean it is only as good if the opposition is weak.

I don't mind the opposing Conqueror, and a bit of focus fire can usually take them out of the game in a hurry if they are seen.  Their reputation makes them a big target.  Fires are generally annoying, but aren't as big a deal as people think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,752
[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts

Yup... but I think the follow on made my point clearly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,836 battles
4 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

What are some of the totals of fires started using the Conq? I have the KGV and it will set easy 12-15 fires per battle. Is it possible to reach 40 fires started in battle using the Conq?

You have to get a cute Ferret pic as your avatar profile pic.......everyone loves ferrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[INTEL]
Members
797 posts
8,303 battles

If Conq is OP it's not because of its guns. It's because of its heal and low Cit. Since most Conq players avoid close engagements like the Plague it's hard to tell.

 Conq is my only T10 BB. I did a full tank build. It can absorb stupid amounts of punishment and keep coming. Last night I pushed into a cap with my team. I had a GK, DM, and Mino focusing me at nearly point blank. I actually had to dodge a ram attempt by the GK. I deleted the Mino with HE cits, the DM I got with fire, and finished the GK with secondaries. Then I healed. I finished the match on about 90% hp. 

 I don't put out fires. Let em burn. It damage sats the area. I'm literally on fire in three places, being pounded by Mino ap in the side, a GKs secondaries, and DM HE. And the only damage I'm taking is from the fires. Meanwhile my friends are just pounding the reds. I was just the lucky one that got the kills.

Not that the guns aren't retarded in some situations. Doing 25k to a Roon with two volleys of HE for my last kill was amusing. 

Edited by Ares1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,185 posts
11,759 battles

a game is only 20min long,  that means 40 salvo max for a half-min reload BB

then you subtract the first 3 minutes of game where both sides are dark, and probably 3 to 5 minutes in between where your run from one front line to another, that leaves you with the need to set almost 2 fire per salvo

problem is each BB only got 4 available fire spots, 3 if he spec fire prevention

 

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
3 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

a game is only 20min long,  that means 40 salvo max for a half-min reload BB

then you subtract the first 3 minutes of game where both sides are dark, and probably 3 to 5 minutes in between where your run from one front line to another, that leaves you with the need to set almost 2 fire per salvo

problem is each BB only got 4 available fire spots, 3 if he spec fire prevention

 

To be fair, conqueror is more than capable of setting 2 fires a salvo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,185 posts
11,759 battles
20 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

To be fair, conqueror is more than capable of setting 2 fires a salvo

you can't set fire to targets already on fire

 

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
6 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

you can't set fire to targets already on fire

 

Conqueror hits so hard, her initial blast extinguishes the fire and then sets another in its place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×