You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
smf117

What were you all at Wargaming thinking?

15 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

Log on this morning for a few battles. In port, hit battle, can't load into the match. I restart but the match was over by the time I relogged. Turned pink. Hit battle again, once again I'm not loading in so, I restart. When I get back to port I'm orange. Can't do crapout of garbage Co OP battles. A complete waste of time. wth was Wargaming thinking when they introduced this garbage system. It's just another example of incompetence for Wargaming. I've sent a ticket. Hope they get it right. 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,352 posts
12,136 battles

I don't expect they can fix your network issues which is what your problem sounds like from the limited details you provide. You are having disconnects as your network drops in and out.

My client has never failed to load and most of the very few times my client has crashed it was due to outdated video drivers. I would check them.

Good luck!

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,107 posts
520 battles
34 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Log on this morning for a few battles. In port, hit battle, can't load into the match. I restart but the match was over by the time I relogged. Turned pink. Hit battle again, once again I'm not loading in so, I restart. When I get back to port I'm orange. Can't do crapout of garbage Co OP battles. A complete waste of time. wth was Wargaming thinking when they introduced this garbage system. It's just another example of incompetence for Wargaming. I've sent a ticket. Hope they get it right. 

Sorry for your inability to load into the battle. You need to investigate the issue with support and fix it. It may be caused by plenty of reasons since you have not written any details. 
However please think about your teammates, they are in complicated situation due to one teammate is afk. The system was implemented to reduce the number of such situations and make players with issues solve them quicker rather than try to log in over and over again without success.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

It's not a network issue. I wasn't disconnecting. Still...there are other players out there who have faced this same penalty and their network was to blame so they already have to deal with the internet company and fix that problem. On top of it, wargaming forces them into orange status and locks them in CO OP hell. Seems like a reasonable solution to the customer's problem. 

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

Yup OP, saw you in game on the opposing team just sitting there. No one else had problems in the match and in fact I was running at about 160-175fps and 33-38ms.

Though, in all fairness, I've had my client crash two possibly three times, but that was well over a year go. However, I was able to reload right back in, in under a minute, including a full reboot. I'm thankful for the PC my wife gifted me a couple of years ago.. lol

That aside, if you want to believe it or not, I would contact the CS dept., but before you do, ensure that all your drivers (Mobo, GPU, bios *if you're comfortable doing so*, etc.) as well as ensuring that your OS is up to date. Cycle your Modem and router.

Perform a HDD or SSD check to ensure there are no errors (right click the active drive you're using, properties, Tools, Check for errors), as well as checking the memory for errors (mdsched.exe  in the search box if using windows).

After that, run a quick dxdiag (again in the search box if using windows). Save it to an area you will be able to easily access it.

Open your client, Top right hand corner - settings, Support, click "ADD" and "Check".

At this point it is up to you on whether or not you want to uninstall and reinstall a fresh client before contacting the CS Dept.

Then contact Tech Support/CS Dept. Though when you do, don't just say what the issue is, let them know all the steps you've taken and upload the dxdiag. This will save a lot of time and headache on both ends.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way. I know I've had to contact them a little bit here and there and this seems to be the most streamlined way I've found.

Good luck

• Cool 3

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,603 battles

@smf117 And your point is? Enjoy the co op battles or better yet put in a ticket to support! I do every time that happens to me! Perhaps WG is not at fault at all unless you are directly connected to the server. A disconnect can occur at any point between your compu and the server and perhaps your Anti Virus was running. I suspect that my be the cause of my slow load ins / fail to load in at all problems!

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,256 battles
2 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

Yup OP, saw you in game on the opposing team just sitting there. No one else had problems in the match and in fact I was running at about 160-175fps and 33-38ms.

Though, in all fairness, I've had my client crash two possibly three times, but that was well over a year go. However, I was able to reload right back in, in under a minute, including a full reboot. I'm thankful for the PC my wife gifted me a couple of years ago.. lol

That aside, if you want to believe it or not, I would contact the CS dept., but before you do, ensure that all your drivers (Mobo, GPU, bios *if you're comfortable doing so*, etc.) as well as ensuring that your OS is up to date. Cycle your Modem and router.

Perform a HDD or SSD check to ensure there are no errors (right click the active drive you're using, properties, Tools, Check for errors), as well as checking the memory for errors (mdsched.exe  in the search box if using windows).

After that, run a quick dxdiag (again in the search box if using windows). Save it to an area you will be able to easily access it.

Open your client, Top right hand corner - settings, Support, click "ADD" and "Check".

At this point it is up to you on whether or not you want to uninstall and reinstall a fresh client before contacting the CS Dept.

Then contact Tech Support/CS Dept. Though when you do, don't just say what the issue is, let them know all the steps you've taken and upload the dxdiag. This will save a lot of time and headache on both ends.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way. I know I've had to contact them a little bit here and there and this seems to be the most streamlined way I've found.

Good luck

I always like to see players like you that come in here and don't act like a  self aggrandizing know it all [edited] head to OP's that bring up a topic no mater what subject.  I hope WG see this and uses it as an example on how to act in a forum.

Good advice BTW.      :Smile_honoring:

[NOBS]
Members
533 posts
5,877 battles

2 afk's turns you orange? Is that really a thing?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
4 hours ago, smf117 said:

It takes more than two times being inactive to turn orange so you must have been having trouble for some time and were already on the edge. It is on you to find out what is going on and fix it. Support may be able to help but you have to contact them.

33 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

2 afk's turns you orange? Is that really a thing?

In my test of that part of the system on the PT it was five matches although I don't know if team damage is part of the trigger for that.

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
496 posts
10,734 battles

I have this problem after every new patch.  I'm a network engineer.  It is NOT my network or my PC, it is a problem with the game client.  Since they implemented this [edited]@%#@#% game mechanic I've been pink half the time.  It is the most [edited] attempt to address TK'ing I've ever seen. 

I was a Premium member for 2 years, have almost every Premium ship and have spent a butt load of money on this game.  I stopped giving WG my money after my second week of being pink.  Won't give WG another dime until they get rid of this [edited].

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,107 posts
520 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I have this problem after every new patch.  I'm a network engineer.  It is NOT my network or my PC, it is a problem with the game client.  Since they implemented this [edited]@%#@#% game mechanic I've been pink half the time.  It is the most [edited] attempt to address TK'ing I've ever seen. 

I was a Premium member for 2 years, have almost every Premium ship and have spent a butt load of money on this game.  I stopped giving WG my money after my second week of being pink.  Won't give WG another dime until they get rid of this [edited].

It's not easy to become pink with non regular afk. If you continue suffer from issues why not provide them for resolving to the Support with detailed information. Have you written any ticket?
Maybe the issue could be solved easyly and with minimum time and effort.

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

Windows updates. Anytime windows has an update it wrecks my client, stops me from loading in. I don't control when that happens, I don't know when it's going to happen so it's an unavoidable issue. I have to restart or stare at a never ending load screen and if I don't make it back in by the time the match ends wargaming sends me to orange Co OP [edited] battles. crapsystem from a lazy provider. This is why I don't spend money on wargaming anymore. 

Just happened again. btw

Edited by smf117
  • Funny 1

Community Department
2,107 posts
520 battles
6 hours ago, smf117 said:

Windows updates. Anytime windows has an update it wrecks my client, stops me from loading in. I don't control when that happens, I don't know when it's going to happen so it's an unavoidable issue. I have to restart or stare at a never ending load screen and if I don't make it back in by the time the match ends wargaming sends me to orange Co OP [edited] battles. crapsystem from a lazy provider. This is why I don't spend money on wargaming anymore. 

Just happened again. btw

It's easier now. Enter Windows Settings >> Update & security >> Update settings >> Change active hours 
Looks like:

Spoiler

BeQywEVn_Rc.jpg

Plus you need to look for other apps with auto updates options. 

[--V--]
Members
496 posts
10,734 battles
On 7/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, turbo07 said:

It's not easy to become pink with non regular afk. If you continue suffer from issues why not provide them for resolving to the Support with detailed information. Have you written any ticket?
Maybe the issue could be solved easyly and with minimum time and effort.

I did.  Their response was to check my network settings, to check with my network provider, to troubleshoot my router etc.  Things I've done dozens of times.  They won't even discuss the possibility its a client issue.  So,,, no help at all.  

• Cool 1

[AR15]
Members
6 posts
4,657 battles

My client keeps crashing today and turned me orange too. I've sent in tickets and I won't be playing again until they remove my orange status. 

I am sick and tired of their software being my problem when I've spent over $1000 on this game in the last three years.