Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatOddMan

Ships from Collaboration

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
30 posts
327 battles
  • Will ARP mission return or will the ARP ships be sold (not sure if it was on the premium shop) again?
  • I have read somewhere on this forum that HSF ships will end by end of year. True?

Fuso is a good battleship, the newbie talking, although majority of the games were on Co-Op mode.

Just the maneuvering is so slow. Maybe that is why i don't see her much on Random Battles (though I have only played with her for 5 Random Battles).

She is fun to play with and will keep her on my port as my Kongo is. But don't tell Kongo, I mentioned Fuso is more fun to play with. 

On my Fuso,

  • The only module I need to upgrade is the Gun Fire Control System.
  • My Fuso has a new captain since the 8-point captain stayed at my Kongo.
  • The upgraded equipment are Main Armaments Modification 1, Damage Control Systems Modification 1 and 2, Aiming System Modification
  • Only using the free consumables

Any tips for this newbie? I usually position her near some cruisers that are at the rear. And I usually do the diagonal thing so I can use all main guns. At times I just set her to 1/4 speed and at times at full stop while shooting from behind. Moving left and right on Fuso is difficult to she stays behind surrounded with friendly cruisers. But sometimes only 1-4 shells hits the target. Dumb question... Is the accuracy of aiming RNG dependent for Fuso? Already watched some videos. I am mostly having trouble on aiming and hitting the target though I think I got the hang of pre-aiming but still only 1-4 shells are landing on the target.  Fuso gets detected a lot even if positioned on the rear.

Edited by ThatOddMan
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,304 posts
6,543 battles

Quick answer:  ARP content will lot return, HSF content is up in the air.

As for Fuso, a few things.

1) the only module you don’t need is the fire control.  You shouldn’t be at max rage.

2) Hull upgrades give massive buffs to almost every important defensive stat.  Get it ASAP.

3) Being angled is good, but if you can fire all guns you can be penetrated back as well.  You should angle a bit further during reload.

4) Don’t stop.  As a BB it takes forever to get moving again and it opens you up to taking massive damage.  1/4 speed is also tricky.  1/2 speed gives you a bit more options for a similar effect!

5) I can’t really comment on positioning, but as a new player aim for being around 12-15km away from enemy BBs, but avoid being in firing range of 3 enemies simultaneously.  1 can’t hunt you down, 2 gives you enough time to get back to your team, but 3 will kill you unless you have an escape plan.

Finalky, 1-4 shells is pretty normal for standard ranges.  Fuso is a shotgun style BB.  Her accuracy is good, but her sigma (tendency for shells to hit center) is low.  So she often gets hits, but rarely gets a huge amount unless you get close.

Hope that helps!  Also if you ever need somebody to show you the ropes, feel free to message me!  I tend to play at strange hours but I’m alwats glad to help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,222 battles
50 minutes ago, ThatOddMan said:

will the ARP ships be sold

They ARE sold, see Kongo, Myoko, and Atago. Those are the ARP ships, except the silver ones can mount Camo and don't glow in the dark.

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,984 posts
4,399 battles

why would you want the  ARP ships?they were reskinned tech tree ships with NO premium benefits.they only had synthwave camos.

and people downvoted the good sir above here for sharing a good FACT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[FML]
Members
1,758 posts
10,132 battles
3 hours ago, ThatOddMan said:
  • Will ARP mission return or will the ARP ships be sold (not sure if it was on the premium shop) again?
  • I have read somewhere on this forum that HSF ships will end by end of year. True?

Fuso is a good battleship, the newbie talking, although majority of the games were on Co-Op mode.

Just the maneuvering is so slow. Maybe that is why i don't see her much on Random Battles (though I have only played with her for 5 Random Battles).

She is fun to play with and will keep her on my port as my Kongo is. But don't tell Kongo, I mentioned Fuso is more fun to play with. 

On my Fuso,

  • The only module I need to upgrade is the Gun Fire Control System.
  • My Fuso has a new captain since the 8-point captain stayed at my Kongo.
  • The upgraded equipment are Main Armaments Modification 1, Damage Control Systems Modification 1 and 2, Aiming System Modification
  • Only using the free consumables

Any tips for this newbie? I usually position her near some cruisers that are at the rear. And I usually do the diagonal thing so I can use all main guns. At times I just set her to 1/4 speed and at times at full stop while shooting from behind. Moving left and right on Fuso is difficult to she stays behind surrounded with friendly cruisers. But sometimes only 1-4 shells hits the target. Dumb question... Is the accuracy of aiming RNG dependent for Fuso? Already watched some videos. I am mostly having trouble on aiming and hitting the target though I think I got the hang of pre-aiming but still only 1-4 shells are landing on the target.  Fuso gets detected a lot even if positioned on the rear.

Hi, welcome to WoWS. 

In short, you don’t want the ARP ships. As others have mentioned, they are exactly the same as the tech tree Kongo, Myoko and premium Atago, except they cannot mount camouflages to gain combat and/or economic bonuses. 

I understand the HSF collaboration will end towards the end of this year; however, they are likely to continue to sell the normal Graf Spee and they may sell a non-HSF Harekaze in the future. 

The Fuso is a good battleship, but she’s much more of a shotgun than the Kongo. I had the same problems with her when I was new, until I worked out that I was shooting too far away. Get within 12-14 km, or even 10km if you’re feeling a bit risqué, of your targets and your many guns will wreck them. It also makes aiming easier.

Remember to wiggle between salvos - wait until enemy battleship fires at you, open up near full broadside and hit them with 12 AP rounds near the waterline under their smokestacks, and as soon as you’ve fired (even before the shells land), start bringing your nose (or stern, if running away) towards the enemy battleship in time to take their next salvo. Do that enough, and you’ll win battleship duels again and again. 

Good luck!

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[FML]
Members
1,758 posts
10,132 battles
42 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

why would you want the  ARP ships?they were reskinned tech tree ships with NO premium benefits.they only had synthwave camos.

and people downvoted the good sir above here for sharing a good FACT.

Agreed.

And fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

All my ARP ships appear to count as IJN ships now and can accept IJN Commanders that is great. They do have modified premium benefits and except for the day glo colors and the squeaky voices it is great to have a double+ IJN Fleet of CAs and BBs!

!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,415 battles
5 hours ago, ThatOddMan said:
  • Will ARP mission return or will the ARP ships be sold (not sure if it was on the premium shop) again?
  • I have read somewhere on this forum that HSF ships will end by end of year. True?

ARP ships wont be coming back since the Licence expired, AS for HSF ships will prob end This August since its only a 1 year limit license and the ships came out last July if im not mistaken.

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,795
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,088 posts
14,482 battles

Fuso has abysmal concealment range, one of the worst possible in a BB.  You can thank the tall pagoda superstructure for that.  IJN BBs tend to have very bad concealment ranges but Fuso's in particular, considering her tier, is awful.

Base Concealment Ranges

V Kongo 16.2km

VI Fuso 18.9km

VI Bayern 13.86km

VI The Cruise Liner 16.2km

VI Mutsu (Premium) 16.92km

VI New Mexico & Warspite 14.22km

VI Arizona & Queen Elizabeth 14.4km

VII Nagato 17.1km

VIII Amagi 17.28km

IX Izumo 19.26km (about to be changed to 17.19km)

X Yamato 18km

X GK 18.18km

X Republique 18km

Tier X Yamato, GK, Republique are stealthier than VI Fuso.


But don't fret.  She's still a fabulous Battleship.  Should have seen her wreck faces in last Tier VI Ranked.
 

Spoiler

Here's Nagato.

5888217756_1042c8985d_b.jpg

Then you got Fuso.

ijn-fuso.jpg

rK2T1E5.jpg

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
234 posts
2,384 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

They ARE sold, see Kongo, Myoko, and Atago. Those are the ARP ships, except the silver ones can mount Camo and don't glow in the dark.

It throws me every time when people im playing with say some weird ship name is doing something stupid and look over and see a Atago or a Myoko... The ability to turn those awful skins off is a blessing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×