Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Thanks for nerfs/buffs. Thanks for ships. I'd like to say thanks for new maps.... but

12 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,712 battles

Come on devs. It's really time we had some new maps, playable maps, not crap chokefest garbage maps like the hopeless Sleeping Giant, and not rearrangements of spawns and caps, but actual new maps that permit flowing tactics and new gameplay, especially in the high tiers where the maps are now boring and repetitive. 

Stop with all the changes for a while. Make ten new maps. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Come on devs. It's really time we had some new maps, playable maps, not crap chokefest garbage maps like the hopeless Sleeping Giant, and not rearrangements of spawns and caps, but actual new maps that permit flowing tactics and new gameplay, especially in the high tiers where the maps are now boring and repetitive. 

Yeah, and on another note, it seems that when it comes to small, fireable over islands, it's generally all or practically nothing(but a few far too high MOUNTAIN ISLANDS) for most maps. Few maps seem to have both fireable over islands and open water. Although, I must say Shatter and Land of Fire are good, but they are too high-tier. We need more like them for the mid-tiers.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,514 battles

Ten maps might be a dash much but a couple would be great.

Also I fought ya today. My team derped after you died and lost the game lol.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I agree Maps have been lacking and Island Heights have been unlivable for the locals. Two Brothers would be more fun as  hilly islands not mountainous 

[VW]
Members
1,939 posts
12,499 battles

It so easy to do too. Just get a random map generator and stick that in the rotation.

Members
1,157 posts
6,931 battles

new maps is one of the more important things for them to introduce, but it feels like we get a map or 2 a year, which isn't a lot.  maybe we will get a few new maps with the new game modes.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

They should add "Polar" to the high tier rotation.  That would lead to some in your face shootouts.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,660 battles

Yeah, the maps are getting really stale. We need  more mid to high tier maps, and some more variety. I'd really like to see some smaller high-tier maps that force teams to fight...high-tier gameplay is so often passive these days that even on maps where the middle of the map promotes dynamic play (like Haven) many teams just lemming around the outside and lolsnipe. Some smaller maps with lots of islands (like Polar, as one person already said) for high-tier would be a nice change of pace. But I'd settle for any new maps. 

Community Department
2,108 posts
520 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Agree with about new maps. One can see them in new operations.
But despite the fact that every new large map needs much time to be designed, there is one serious point about maps in Random battles. They need to be ballanced well, not to affect even slightly on the results of teamplay. Plus they need to look natural. 
In the point of rearranging the spawns it's a good attemt to slightly change the tactics and gameplay on the same map, I don't think that diversity is bad idea in the situation. One map would be played in different ways. Can't say the details about new maps, of course we'll see them in the future updates.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

Or, if no new maps, can we try some other things:

• Take the outer ring of map squares off of high tier maps to shrink them down a bit.  The first 5 minutes of most high tier games is spent sailing in open water getting into range just to spot other ships.
  • Why don't we say screw it and let high tier ships plan on low tier maps?  I understand the long range abilities of high tier ships to fire across the map, but honestly, who wouldn't want to play Big Race or Solomon Islands in a Yamato?

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,239 battles

I think having new maps would be a great idea, new maps generates interest in the game, may even help with player retention, hence the possibility of players spending money. 

My suggestion would be to have a Map creation contest, maybe even break it down into Low tier, mid tier, high tier.   Set the parameters for the maps and let folks run wild.  WG would get lot's of the initial work done for them with only having to "give away" something exciting,  premium time or ships or etc..

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this