You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

General Consensus on The Fushun: Overpowered, Gudbote, mehbote, or garbage?

General Consensus on The Fushun: Overpowered, Gudbote, mehbote, or garbage?  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. General Consensus on The Fushun: Is she overpowered, Gudbote, mehbote, or garbage?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/16/2018 at 01:00 AM

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

I'm starting the grind on the Pan-Asian Tier VI DD, Fushun, and I would like to know what you all think of her.

Give me some tips please, on how to play her best. I've heard that she's basically a free better Anshan. What does that mean in terms of the current meta? In other words, does it make her OP, especially with the Pan-Asian DD smoke nerf?

I think she looks pretty versatile, what with both usable torps and usable guns. 

What do you think? Your advice is welcome and appreciated.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,820 battles

I'm slightly confused. 

I think you spelled Anshan wrong. 

:cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

I've heard that she's basically a free better Anshan.

That's hilarious; totally untrue but hilarious.

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles

I think it's overall a strong boat, but I personally can't stand it because of the slow turret traverse.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Gnevny with useable torpedoes. Overall people who played, and learned from it, the Soviet DD line will find this ship a gudbote. Those who can't handle the slow turret traverse will find it a mehbote. Epic guns and nice torpedoes.

Those that can't handle the turret traverse and try to torp DDs with it find it a garbage boat? :P

Edited by LemonadeWarrior
  • Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,462 battles

Gudbote!*

* if played to her strengths. She absolutely dominate all non Russian dds at 8km. I wore out nicholas and farguts at that range. Then the dwt are a nasty surprise for those slow bbs. Or if you prefer stand off 10 km from bbs and slow roast them. I chose EM over LS. It’s a risky call but worked for me. I kept guns on target while I turned. It’s a Russian small cruiser with good torps. Anshan is better if just for her torps that can hit dds. Otherwise same boat. 

The GM rocks. T8-10 are American dds with dwt. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

I don't have an optimal captain. I went kind of noob for my Jianwei captain and picked BFT for my 6th point, so yeah. Otherwise,it's standard, with PT, LS, and CE besides(it's a 10-pointer that was randomly in my Reserve for no apparent reason) I already have the Turret Traverse mod, but BFT more than compensates for that DPM decrease. I have Rudder shift mod as well right now, but I will be swapping that out for propulsion mod after I get the upgraded hull. My next skill for the captain will be Survivability Expert, but that's still 3 points away.

How am I doing?

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles

Garbage -------------------- mehbote ----------------(Fushun lives here)---- Gudbote -------------------- Overpowered

Somewhere between mehbote and gudbote but more on the gudbote side.  

I think Jianwei is the only pure mehboat in the PA DD line.  I think T2-T3, Anshan, and T9-T10 are the solidly gudbotes.  T2 PA DD might be a little OP even.  It's a great seal clubber.  I've also had some of my best damage games in Chung Mu.  

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,840 battles

I put this down as a mehbote. She can be a good bote tbh but the captain skills one has to invest in (gnevy build) off sets this as its a skill set i didn't use further down the line. 

If you only have a 10 point captain you might still struggle with it unless you loved the gnevy style of play. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I put this down as a mehbote. She can be a good bote tbh but the captain skills one has to invest in (gnevy build) off sets this as its a skill set i didn't use further down the line. 

If you only have a 10 point captain you might still struggle with it unless you loved the gnevy style of play. 

So she needs both the turret traverse mod AND Expert Marksman?

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,840 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

So she needs both the turret traverse mod AND Expert Marksman?

Yes otherwise her guns are bad at knife fighting, really bad.

Such a specialized build marked it down for me.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
9 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Yes otherwise her guns are bad at knife fighting, really bad.

Such a specialized build marked it down for me.

Sounds like it would fit for me, though. I like to stay THE HECK away from knife-fighting and caps in the first place in my Pan-Asian DDs, because their torps are useless for such a style of play anyway.

By the way, I did not, actually, mind the turret traverse of Podvoisky when I played her. It wasn't an issue.(because I played her a like a mini-cruiser/from a distance) What WAS an issue, though, were her over-reliance on those guns when they had(and still have) such an awful ROF. That, and BBs seem to be able to easily lead and hit Podvoiskys now, or at least in my experience they do. That's why I sold her. But Fushun has a GREAT ROF, and USABLE TORPS.

You know, I think she might just click with me.

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Yes, I probably will enjoy Fushun quite a lot, therefore.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles

Fushun isn't my favorite PA DD, not even close, but of the whole line it's probably the nicest upgrade from the previous tier.  

Going from Jianwei to Fushun is a very nice upgrade.  

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,518 battles

when set up to your liking, she is a gudbote.

As has been said, it's an Anshan/Gnevny gun boat. Guns can cause havoc on red ships. Turret traverse is bad, but the hitting power makes up for it. Torps are of course deepwater and with the right captain skills can be fired while concealed. Overall had alot of fun in her as I got her off the Tier VI Christmas boats. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
On 7/11/2018 at 1:39 AM, legoboy0401 said:

I've heard that she's basically a free better Anshan.

Context:

This is only true if you don't find yourself using your torpedoes against enemy destroyers a lot. If throwing them out at pursuing DDs or torpedoing destroyers' smoke clouds and getting spectacular results are things you do a lot, this ship simply won't deliver on those. OTOH, he might be right in terms of the Pan-Asian smoke generators offering you greater tactical flexibility to take out cruisers and battleships and materially affect the battle result. He plays the game to a much deeper level and a much higher standard than I do, so there may be something here I'm just not getting. I'll reconsider things when I actually get up to the Fushun and compare it to the Anshan I already have (which I got at a discount in the Steam sales a while back, so she was a very good deal). 

Then again, I got the Anshan as a captain trainer and free XP mine, so my overall purposes are likely not Flamu's purposes. For a captain who will require retraining both going into and out of the Fushun, the Anshan is perfect.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Context:

This is only true if you don't find yourself using your torpedoes against enemy destroyers a lot. If throwing them out at pursuing DDs or torpedoing destroyers' smoke clouds and getting spectacular results are things you do a lot, this ship simply won't deliver on those. OTOH, he might be right in terms of the Pan-Asian smoke generators offering you greater tactical flexibility to take out cruisers and battleships and materially affect the battle result. He plays the game to a much deeper level and a much higher standard than I do, so there may be something here I'm just not getting. I'll reconsider things when I actually get up to the Fushun and compare it to the Anshan I already have (which I got at a discount in the Steam sales a while back, so she was a very good deal). 

Then again, I got the Anshan as a captain trainer and free XP mine, so my overall purposes are likely not Flamu's purposes. For a captain who will require retraining both going into and out of the Fushun, the Anshan is perfect.

In bold, yes, I don't find myself doing this all that often in ANY of my DDs. Underlined, No, no those are not things I do regularly in any of my DDs.

Besides, I play my Pan-Asian DDs FAR differently than I do any of my other DDs, and I play in a way well aware of the disability of Deep-water torpedoes that they can't hit DDs.

I don't generally play close to caps in my Pan-Asian DDs, for that matter.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
On 7/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Context:

Having played her and Jianwei, I'd say that the line as a whole until Tier VIII is pretty garbage when in a heavily DD-dominated match, but really good in a BB-dominated match. Just came out of a Tier VIII (BB-dominated) match(on Land of Fire) that was really fun because the team worked together, where as the enemy didn't really, and I mostly spotted for my Cruisers and BBs behind me on the eastern side of the map, and dropped torps here and there. Near the end I ended up racking up 3 kill-secures. But of the three, the last one(a torp kill on a close to dead Scharnhorst) was the most important, for I saved an allied Mogami in the process.

Who knew that spotting could be so much fun?

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,542 battles

Fushun's a good boat. I'll be keeping it just to run it in Aegis, because it is RIDICULOUSLY good in that op.

--Helms

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,121 posts
14,519 battles

I actually had an enjoyable time with Fushun.  I did well with her and my time with her was pretty short as a result.

The turret traverse made it annoying for short ranged fights, but if you're peppering stuff at range, then they were just fine.  But the key advantage she had were the torpedoes.  They reloaded fast.  You can stalk ships and pump torpedoes pretty well..

Members
326 posts
328 battles

I recovered it just to answer this post, and I hate it. The only Gnevny/based I keep is Anshan and because of the torps. True Gnevny is noww not bad with the new turret speed and cadence, but Fushun not.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
15 hours ago, Patosentado said:

I recovered it just to answer this post, and I hate it. The only Gnevny/based I keep is Anshan and because of the torps. True Gnevny is noww not bad with the new turret speed and cadence, but Fushun not.

Fushun, for me anyway, prints Liquidators. I mean, not the best flag ever, but still, it's nice to have a ship that consistently prints awards/flags other just than Mike Yankee Sosix for Close-Quarters-Expert.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
4,392 battles

fushun is a garbage pass through to the gadja madah.  

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

I’m at a loss to figure out the PA DD so far.  I did have a bunch of dubs from back in the day, so I splurged on Anshan during the anniversary sale. I wanted to have a trainer as I moved through the line. It had been so long since I played Gnevny that I did not make the connection between the two.  Not an easy DD to play, necessarily...but, you’ve got a hodgepodge of interesting tools there.  I imagine it’ll be a step up from Jian. The ship really excited me on paper, but our first few matches together haven’t been great - coming from the guns on the Shenyang, it feels like a real let down.  Through Tier VI you’ve got everything from gun boats to torpedo boats, shooting lasers to rainbows.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,316 posts
4,264 battles
On 7/27/2018 at 10:27 AM, skillztowin said:

fushun is a garbage pass through to the gadja madah.  

I wouldn't say she's THAT bad, but I played both on the PTS last night (with the captain set up just like my current 10 point Fushun captain is) just to get a feel for what's coming next, and the difference is like night and day. Even the stock Gadjah, not fully outfitted, was a hell of a lot more fun than the Fushun has ever been, and having ten torpedoes instead of six makes quite a difference.

I had debated with myself whether I should keep the Fushun. The answer is probably going to be "no". As soon as the amount I've made with her plus the amount I make by selling her = the amount I spent on her, she's out the door.