Hob0jedi

7 day ban for not cheating

50 comments in this topic

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles

woke up this morning to a 7 day ban for using Aslain's mod pack which IS listed as safe on wargamings official safe  mod page.

just want everyone to know that it may not be safe to use any more and wargamming will be looking into it.

and now to reinstall the game to make sure it doesnt happen again

aslains.PNG

Edited by Hob0jedi
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,599 battles

Redacted.

Edited by desmo_2

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

You have to work through the support ticket system. The forums are not the place to dispute bans.

• Bad 1

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles

i have tickets in this is more of a warning to other people that not all the "safe mods" are clearly safe

4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You have to work through the support ticket system. The forums are not the place to dispute bans.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

i have tickets in this is more of a warning to other people that not all the "safe mods" are clearly safe

Well I don’t think the forum is the place to come to in the manner that you did. I could be wrong but I think discussing bans on the forums is against the rules. Now if you came on here and said something like PSA might want to be careful using “x” mod then you might get farther. Just go through support channels and see what happens.

Also, being polite to support goes a long way. Just remember it’s their job and it’s a whole lot nicer to deal with someone who is genuine and polite than someone who is upset.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles
2 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Well I don’t think the forum is the place to come to in the manner that you did. I could be wrong but I think discussing bans on the forums is against the rules. Now if you came on here and said something like PSA might want to be careful using “x” mod then you might get farther. Just go through support channels and see what happens.

Also, being polite to support goes a long way. Just remember it’s their job and it’s a whole lot nicer to deal with someone who is genuine and polite than someone who is upset.

i am being very nice to support i always am like you said theyre just doing their job and getting angry at them doesnt help them want to help, just venting frustration here guess i should go through and reword a few things thanks for the tip 

• Bad 1

[5D5]
Members
2,290 posts
14,387 battles
9 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

This is well known due to an incident within the last year. Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG. Certain mods will get you banned as they provide an unfair advantage to the user.

Use the search feature and you'll probably find those threads.

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

i am being very nice to support i always am like you said theyre just doing their job and getting angry at them doesnt help them want to help, just venting frustration here guess i should go through and reword a few things thanks for the tip 

Gotcha. Well best of luck.

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG.

then why is it listed as safe at all? surely if there is anything in it illegal then the whole pack should be written off to avoid people getting banned for not knowing

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[5D5]
Members
2,290 posts
14,387 battles

Although I don't use any mods there are many good things in those safe mod packs. WG isn't going to put all the good stuff into the garbage for no reason. It would piss off a large part of their players.

If you don't know what mod got you in trouble then search for those threads to see if it gives you any clues on what it might be.

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,148 battles

A shader caused the issue before because of the files it modified.

Did you mention this to @Aslain ?

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
42 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

woke up this morning to a 7 day ban for using Aslain's mod pack which IS listed as safe on wargamings official safe  mod page.

just want everyone to know that it may not be safe to use any more and wargamming will be looking into it.

and now to reinstall the game to make sure it doesnt happen again

aslains.PNG

Opps House GIF - Houes DrHouse HughLaurie GIFs

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,148 battles

REDACTED

EDIT:  Welp, my first "Bad" vote.  I posted the other thread because there are only a few days left for the Indy mission and I felt it was better safe than sorry.  Others seem to be still using the mod with no issues and I pinged Aslain, so I know he will be verifying it is not his modpack, which I have used ever since I heard about it.  And, Radar_X comes to the rescue, yay!

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles

Even approved packs can trip the system, depending on what it is. I use the WG mod station now. It has everything Aslain's does, is a simpler download (still has to be done with every patch) and is updated more quickly after patches. I also figure that if WG allows them in their own product, they're going to be OK.

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Even approved packs can trip the system, depending on what it is. I use the WG mod station now. It has everything Aslain's does, is a simpler download (still has to be done with every patch) and is updated more quickly after patches. I also figure that if WG allows them in their own product, they're going to be OK.

ill have to look into that station where does one find it?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles
2 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

ill have to look into that station where does one find it?

Here's the post where they put it out. It's where I downloaded it originally. It's a client that updates and still works. Hopefully the link in the post still works.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,873 posts
12,936 battles

I have used this mod, so far I have never had an issue with it  to uninstall. The curious nature of me believes (until otherwise). There is more to this.

• Cool 1

[FIGA]
Members
13 posts
4,371 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have used this mod, so far I have never had an issue with it  to uninstall. The curious nature of me believes (until otherwise). There is more to this.

yeah me too but when i asked them to explain exactly which mod it was i got told that they "have no obligation to provide any proof or evidence even if requested and that i should just trust that it is correct"...so just a friendly reminder to play it safe with mod packs in the mean time :)

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles
2 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

yeah me too but when i asked them to explain exactly which mod it was i got told that they "have no obligation to provide any proof or evidence even if requested and that i should just trust that it is correct"

That is hands down the most Wargaming response ever. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

This can only end well.....:Smile_medal:

No ... this can only end IN the well. Big difference.

[SALVO]
Members
17,106 posts
17,770 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This is well known due to an incident within the last year. Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG. Certain mods will get you banned as they provide an unfair advantage to the user.

Use the search feature and you'll probably find those threads.

Honestly, rather than banning people for using what's thought to be a safe mod pack, maybe they should let Aslain know that a certain mod within his modpack that's illegal, as well as letting the community know.  I've stopped using the so-called official WG WOWS mudpack because I don't trust them to take responsibility for the mods within said mudpack.  That is, to not ban people for using their official mod pack if somehow a questionable mod snuck into it.

[SAA]
Members
860 posts
27,333 battles

Thanks for bringing this up!  Gona look to see if I am using anything fro Aslans that can trip the system.

Modder
1,247 posts
122 battles

Don't listen to cheaters. All they want to do is to shame me, and this topic will be moderated soon. My modpack is officialy approved by WG on their own pre-moderated forums.

• Cool 10

[WGA]
Administrator
697 posts
251 battles
45 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Don't listen to cheaters. All they want to do is to shame me, and this topic will be moderated soon. My modpack is officialy approved by WG on their own pre-moderated forums.

As we mention each time bans go out, Aslain's mod is not flagged for illegal mods.

• Cool 9