Jump to content
Hob0jedi

7 day ban for not cheating

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles

woke up this morning to a 7 day ban for using Aslain's mod pack which IS listed as safe on wargamings official safe  mod page.

just want everyone to know that it may not be safe to use any more and wargamming will be looking into it.

and now to reinstall the game to make sure it doesnt happen again

aslains.PNG

Edited by Hob0jedi
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,176
[O_O]
Members
5,595 posts
12,708 battles

Redacted.

Edited by desmo_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,165
[HINON]
Members
11,685 posts

You have to work through the support ticket system. The forums are not the place to dispute bans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles

i have tickets in this is more of a warning to other people that not all the "safe mods" are clearly safe

4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You have to work through the support ticket system. The forums are not the place to dispute bans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
3 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

i have tickets in this is more of a warning to other people that not all the "safe mods" are clearly safe

 

Well I don’t think the forum is the place to come to in the manner that you did. I could be wrong but I think discussing bans on the forums is against the rules. Now if you came on here and said something like PSA might want to be careful using “x” mod then you might get farther. Just go through support channels and see what happens.

Also, being polite to support goes a long way. Just remember it’s their job and it’s a whole lot nicer to deal with someone who is genuine and polite than someone who is upset.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Well I don’t think the forum is the place to come to in the manner that you did. I could be wrong but I think discussing bans on the forums is against the rules. Now if you came on here and said something like PSA might want to be careful using “x” mod then you might get farther. Just go through support channels and see what happens.

Also, being polite to support goes a long way. Just remember it’s their job and it’s a whole lot nicer to deal with someone who is genuine and polite than someone who is upset.

i am being very nice to support i always am like you said theyre just doing their job and getting angry at them doesnt help them want to help, just venting frustration here guess i should go through and reword a few things thanks for the tip 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,131
[5D]
Members
2,937 posts
18,325 battles
9 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

i have tickets in this is more of a warning to other people that not all the "safe mods" are clearly safe

 

This is well known due to an incident within the last year. Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG. Certain mods will get you banned as they provide an unfair advantage to the user.

Use the search feature and you'll probably find those threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
3 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

i am being very nice to support i always am like you said theyre just doing their job and getting angry at them doesnt help them want to help, just venting frustration here guess i should go through and reword a few things thanks for the tip 

 

Gotcha. Well best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG.

then why is it listed as safe at all? surely if there is anything in it illegal then the whole pack should be written off to avoid people getting banned for not knowing

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,131
[5D]
Members
2,937 posts
18,325 battles

Although I don't use any mods there are many good things in those safe mod packs. WG isn't going to put all the good stuff into the garbage for no reason. It would piss off a large part of their players.

If you don't know what mod got you in trouble then search for those threads to see if it gives you any clues on what it might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
42 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

woke up this morning to a 7 day ban for using Aslain's mod pack which IS listed as safe on wargamings official safe  mod page.

just want everyone to know that it may not be safe to use any more and wargamming will be looking into it.

and now to reinstall the game to make sure it doesnt happen again

aslains.PNG

Opps House GIF - Houes DrHouse HughLaurie GIFs
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[LOU1]
Members
3,811 posts
10,419 battles

REDACTED

EDIT:  Welp, my first "Bad" vote.  I posted the other thread because there are only a few days left for the Indy mission and I felt it was better safe than sorry.  Others seem to be still using the mod with no issues and I pinged Aslain, so I know he will be verifying it is not his modpack, which I have used ever since I heard about it.  And, Radar_X comes to the rescue, yay!

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,143
[WOLF5]
Members
2,764 posts
3,145 battles

Even approved packs can trip the system, depending on what it is. I use the WG mod station now. It has everything Aslain's does, is a simpler download (still has to be done with every patch) and is updated more quickly after patches. I also figure that if WG allows them in their own product, they're going to be OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Even approved packs can trip the system, depending on what it is. I use the WG mod station now. It has everything Aslain's does, is a simpler download (still has to be done with every patch) and is updated more quickly after patches. I also figure that if WG allows them in their own product, they're going to be OK.

ill have to look into that station where does one find it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,143
[WOLF5]
Members
2,764 posts
3,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

ill have to look into that station where does one find it?

 

Here's the post where they put it out. It's where I downloaded it originally. It's a client that updates and still works. Hopefully the link in the post still works.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,949
[WORX]
Members
5,852 posts
15,770 battles

I have used this mod, so far I have never had an issue with it  to uninstall. The curious nature of me believes (until otherwise). There is more to this.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NYAAR]
Members
13 posts
6,468 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have used this mod, so far I have never had an issue with it  to uninstall. The curious nature of me believes (until otherwise). There is more to this.

yeah me too but when i asked them to explain exactly which mod it was i got told that they "have no obligation to provide any proof or evidence even if requested and that i should just trust that it is correct"...so just a friendly reminder to play it safe with mod packs in the mean time :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,735
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,363 posts
672 battles
2 minutes ago, Hob0jedi said:

yeah me too but when i asked them to explain exactly which mod it was i got told that they "have no obligation to provide any proof or evidence even if requested and that i should just trust that it is correct"

 

That is hands down the most Wargaming response ever. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,212
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,894 posts
17,544 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

This can only end well.....:Smile_medal:

No ... this can only end IN the well. Big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,602
[SALVO]
Members
22,423 posts
22,876 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This is well known due to an incident within the last year. Just because you use Aslain or another safe mod not everything in the mod pack is considered safe by WG. Certain mods will get you banned as they provide an unfair advantage to the user.

Use the search feature and you'll probably find those threads.

Honestly, rather than banning people for using what's thought to be a safe mod pack, maybe they should let Aslain know that a certain mod within his modpack that's illegal, as well as letting the community know.  I've stopped using the so-called official WG WOWS mudpack because I don't trust them to take responsibility for the mods within said mudpack.  That is, to not ban people for using their official mod pack if somehow a questionable mod snuck into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
939
[TWFT]
Members
1,121 posts
32,700 battles

Thanks for bringing this up!  Gona look to see if I am using anything fro Aslans that can trip the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
826
Modder
1,507 posts
165 battles

Don't listen to cheaters. All they want to do is to shame me, and this topic will be moderated soon. My modpack is officialy approved by WG on their own pre-moderated forums.

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
45 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Don't listen to cheaters. All they want to do is to shame me, and this topic will be moderated soon. My modpack is officialy approved by WG on their own pre-moderated forums.

As we mention each time bans go out, Aslain's mod is not flagged for illegal mods.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×