Sign in to follow this  
SeaKnight_1990

Queen Elizabeth Builds

4 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,123 battles

So I spent some Free XP and unlocked the QE. I'm scraping together the money to buy her; what's the best build you suggest for her, as far as upgrades and captain skills are concerned?

Members
16,046 posts
14,423 battles
23 minutes ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

So I spent some Free XP and unlocked the QE. I'm scraping together the money to buy her; what's the best build you suggest for her, as far as upgrades and captain skills are concerned?

That depends.

If you're grinding down the RN BB Line and using that same captain on QE -> KGV -> Monarch, etc, then I suggest a Stealth / Survival / Main Battery Build.  RN BBs from Tier VII on are stealth oriented.  Secondaries are garbage, even on QE.  Their AA is good but it detracts on the much needed ASM1 for Tiers VII-X.  In light of using this captain for later RN BBs, I suggest:

19pts

PT or PM

JoAT and AR:  AR the higher priority this tier.  JoAT will be needed as consumables in Tier IX-X are of significant importance to RN BBs there.

BoS and SI:  Your choice of either as first, both are real good.

FP and CE:  IMO, CE first, because that stealth is of vital importance past QE.  KGV in Tier VII really needs this and later RN BBs emphasize CE highly.

Upgrades: MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, SGM2

Notes:  This is the core build of later VII-X RN BBs, but unfortunately it is a concession to disregard EM to help on QE's terrible turret traverse.  Later RN BBs do not need EM like previous tiers of RN BBs did.  The temptation is to slot EM to help on the traverse but it is a wasted 2 pts on later RN BBs.

If you're intending to keep a dedicated QE Captain, then I suggest Stealth / Survival or an AA Build.

19pt QE Stealth / Survival

Same as the one above, but change JoAT for Expert Marksman.  And that's it.

19pt QE AA Build

PT or PM

EM and AR:  EM first.

BFT and SI:  SI first.

AFT and CE:  AFT first.

Upgrades:  AAM1, DCSM1, AAGM2, SGM2

Notes:  She actually has very fierce AA for Tier VI.  As a Tier VI, she sits in the middle of the MM range where CVs are actually played.  She can expect to see Tier V-VIII CVs and many of those CVs are very dangerous to Battleships.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles

@HazeGrayUnderway

Having Warspite for nearly two years actually worked against my going up the RN battleship line; as I saw no point to getting QE, and stopped at Iton Duke.

The whole KGV-Monarch controversy didn’t help any, destroying my motivation for getting that.

Members
16,046 posts
14,423 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

@HazeGrayUnderway

Having Warspite for nearly two years actually worked against my going up the RN battleship line; as I saw no point to getting QE, and stopped at Iton Duke.

The whole KGV-Monarch controversy didn’t help any, destroying my motivation for getting that.

It didn't help QE's cause that QE did not receive the turret traverse buff that Warspite received long ago.  Maybe they could have given QE that buff with the upgraded hull that could have helped her.  But alas, she suffers with that horrid turret traverse.

IMO, that turret traverse buff would have made QE a good mirror of Warspite.  Warspite would have the better secondaries and special heal.  QE would have had the AA.

The KGV-Monarch thing I remember seeing but since I was not a hardcore guy on British Battleships, I didn't know any better :Smile_Default:  All I saw was, "It kind of looks like KGV but with bigger guns, but sees Yamato and Montana."

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this