You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Baskerville77

To that Gentleman on my team

21 comments in this topic

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles

Look, I get it. Being subjected to the whims of the T8 matchmaking can be very stressful. However, your behavior in the match I played was somewhat unsporting. As such, I have put together a list of "do's and don'ts" you might find helpful.

#1: When a match starts, DON'T announce in all chat that you wish to be sunk and tell the enemy what cap you are going to.

#2: DON'T immediately start telling your team to die quickly, and try to justify it by saying your MM monitor mod says our team has an average win rate of 50 to the red's 59. We play to have fun and snatch victory from defeat, not to pad the red team's stats.

#3: DON'T start calling the team "noobs" among other, less repeatable insults for only having a 50% win rate. Especially DON'T do that if your own win rate is 48%. Stat Shaming is bad enough if you're not holding others to a higher standard than yourself.

#4: DON'T start calling the friendly Conqueror a coward for ducking behind an island to heal after actually tanking. I wouldn't have believed a Conqueror would do something to benifit the team if I hadn't seen it either, but this new and rare breed needs to be protected so it may reproduce.

#5: DON'T send your ten deepwater torpedoes into that same Conqueror because he needs to move around the island before he resumes firing. While that island was giving me the side-eye as well, I think putting shells into red ships would prove it wrong more efficiently.

#6: DON'T activate your engine boost, charge straight at the reds shooting that island, and activate a smoke screen right before getting sunk, giving the enemy extra concealment.

#7: DO go to the nearest mirror in your house, gently touch it, and say "Is it me? Have I been the real [REDACTED] this whole time?" with a look of horror on your face. Smashing the mirror in dramatic self-loathing afterwards is optional, but reccomend.

#8: DON'T immediately brush off this revelation and go back to your old ways, I beg of you. Everyone will be happier this way.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to scream into a pillow for an hour or two, or however long it takes for my eyes to stop bleeding from pure rage. After that, I will read stories about human kindness until I stop thinking this whole society thing was a mistake.

Also, if anyone needs salt for their food, let me know. I seem to have found a surplus exploding out of my mouth.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Send a ticket

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
10 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Look, I get it. Being subjected to the whims of the T8 matchmaking can be very stressful. However, your behavior in the match I played was somewhat unsporting. As such, I have put together a list of "do's and don'ts" you might find helpful.

#1: When a match starts, DON'T announce in all chat that you wish to be sunk and tell the enemy what cap you are going to.

#2: DON'T immediately start telling your team to die quickly, and try to justify it by saying your MM monitor mod says our team has an average win rate of 50 to the red's 59. We play to have fun and snatch victory from defeat, not to pad the red team's stats.

#3: DON'T start calling the team "noobs" among other, less repeatable insults for only having a 50% win rate. Especially DON'T do that if your own win rate is 48%. Stat Shaming is bad enough if you're not holding others to a higher standard than yourself.

#4: DON'T start calling the friendly Conqueror a coward for ducking behind an island to heal after actually tanking. I wouldn't have believed a Conqueror would do something to benifit the team if I hadn't seen it either, but this new and rare breed needs to be protected so it may reproduce.

#5: DON'T send your ten deepwater torpedoes into that same Conqueror because he needs to move around the island before he resumes firing. While that island was giving me the side-eye as well, I think putting shells into red ships would prove it wrong more efficiently.

#6: DON'T activate your engine boost, charge straight at the reds shooting that island, and activate a smoke screen right before getting sunk, giving the enemy extra concealment.

#7: DO go to the nearest mirror in your house, gently touch it, and say "Is it me? Have I been the real [REDACTED] this whole time?" with a look of horror on your face. Smashing the mirror in dramatic self-loathing afterwards is optional, but reccomend.

#8: DON'T immediately brush off this revelation and go back to your old ways, I beg of you. Everyone will be happier this way.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to scream into a pillow for an hour or two, or however long it takes for my eyes to stop bleeding from pure rage. After that, I will read stories about human kindness until I stop thinking this whole society thing was a mistake.

Also, if anyone needs salt for their food, let me know. I seem to have found a surplus exploding out of my mouth.

Replay?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
11 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

I thought we were collecting salt from their tears

Members
620 posts

Hilarious- Bound to happen. Only certified crazy play tier 8 Ships. 

At this point I just die laughing at road rage in the game unless it is directed at me.....then of course it is very serious and should be dealt with by a higher power preferably with a life time ban and incarceration.....But that is just me. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
16 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Ya know a replay would be great other wise this is just click bait.  Funny click bait at least.

• Bad 1

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles
13 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Send a ticket

5 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Replay?

I would send a ticket if I had the replay. I was visiting my parents, so I was using my crappy laptop that i have never found to time to enable replays on. I'll just have to be content with the other people on the team sending tickets.

Besides, even if I did have the replay, I wouldn't post it. I've seen a few threads nuked for sharing replays of really toxic players, as the mods do consider that naming and shaming.

This was mostly a kind of thearapy for me. You know, taking something that's infuriating but mostly unimportant and making it something to laugh at.

Members
3,794 posts
14,076 battles
13 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Only certified crazy play tier 8 Ships. 

Yup, because all you're doing is offering yourself as a sacrifice to the tier 10 wannabe gods.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 1

Members
620 posts

Sad but....the best way to stop any bad behavior is name and shame. The best and legal way would be a replay. A searchable replay that changed if the player changes their name would be even better. 

Been down this road on another website I was involved in. We did have lawsuits. We only lost one. You must let the person do themselves in. Needless to say good people who get angry have a searchable path and the sense to take a break. Bad ones just don.t and dig their own hole.

I called them deep diggers. Never had an issue because we would have sooooo much evidence.  The one lost lawsuit was when an employee lost it on the front page about a very well off individual. Now two years after that the well off individual was a convict.  Let them dig ......

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
1 hour ago, Baskerville77 said:

Yeah I don't believe for a second any of this actually happened. I think it's more likely that you got your face clubbed in half by someone with better stats than you and you're here in a painfully transparent bid to garner sympathy from other bad players.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
470 posts

do what i do OP report them

then write a letter to customer support with the replay of the match

do it everytime you encounter cancerous player in the game or in forum

eventually wargaming will act upon it because it creates a real bad vibe in the game and draws alot of players away

they will ban them from forum and ban their accounts and that will only make the game better in the long run

yep it maybe be seen has mean but if you like the game and would like to see it succeed

DO IT!

JUST DO IT !

)

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles
18 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

Yeah I don't believe for a second any of this actually happened. I think it's more likely that you got your face clubbed in half by someone with better stats than you and you're here in a painfully transparent bid to garner sympathy from other bad players.

Thank you for letting everyone know your completely unsupported theory based on nothing more than your need to feel superior. If you have anymore useless comments, please deliver them to the nearest trashcan.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
30 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Thank you for letting everyone know your completely unsupported theory based on nothing more than your need to feel superior. If you have anymore useless comments, please deliver them to the nearest trashcan.

It's not unsupported. I've clubbed your face in half in game.

• Bad 1

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles
8 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

Unless you were in this particular game, and have the replay, I don't care.

Besides, unless you, of all people, have never been dev striked (and your 59 detonation medals say otherwise), I don't think you have a leg to stand on. EVERYONE gets their face clubbed in from time to time, and everyone does the clubbing from time to time. 

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
27 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Unless you were in this particular game, and have the replay, I don't care.

Besides, unless you, of all people, have never been dev striked (and your 59 detonation medals say otherwise), I don't think you have a leg to stand on. EVERYONE gets their face clubbed in from time to time, and everyone does the clubbing from time to time. 

So you don't know how detonations work,  and you're upset that I don't have a replay of that time I definitely hit you so hard you screeched about it on the forum after I pointed out that you play badly.

:cap_old:

Wait a minute, are you saying I dev struck you off the map? I don't remember the whole incident as well as you do. Maybe you should work on showing less broadside.

It's your claim, you have the burden of proof, and you have nothing in the way of proof, just like a certain pointy-hatted Vatrican dweller I know. :)

• Bad 1

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles

Lets follow the flow of your argument.

Step one:

1 hour ago, Super_S1X said:

A person complaining about a bad teammate without showing a replay that he does not have is obviously B.S.ing everyone and is just a bad player.

Step two:

37 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

I, on the other hand, can claim to be better than someone else with no evidence and must be taken at face value because... because.

Step three:

19 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

So you don't know how detonations work,  and you're upset that I don't have a replay of that time I definitely hit you so hard you screeched about it on the forum after I pointed out that you play badly.

:cap_old:

Wait a minute, are you saying I dev struck you off the map? I don't remember the whole incident as well as you do. Maybe you should work on showing less broadside.

Outright say you have no proof of the indecent you brought up, and try to make it sound like I was complaining about you in particular. I admit that it is perfectly possible you wiped me off the map in a game I don't remember, just like the inverse is perfectly possible. I have both given and taken dev strikes, just like you have. So, unless you have a link to a different thread where I "screeched about it," stop acting like I brought it up.

P.S. If I'm a bad player, what does it say when my solo WR is 54.82% and yours is 53.01%? I'm not bringing this up to stat shame, I'm bringing this up to point out that your accusation of me being a bad player is utterly baseless. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STURM]
[STURM]
Members
30 posts
5,943 battles

Lets follow the flow of your argument.

Step one:

A person complaining about a bad teammate without showing a replay that he does not have is obviously B.S.ing everyone and is just a bad player.

Step two:

I, on the other hand, can claim to be better than someone else with no evidence and must be taken at face value because... because.

Step three:

Outright say you have no proof of the indecent you brought up, and try to make it sound like I was complaining about you in particular. I admit that it is perfectly possible you wiped me off the map in a game I don't remember, just like the inverse is perfectly possible. I have both given and taken dev strikes, just like you have. So, unless you have a link to a different thread where I "screeched about it," stop acting like I brought it up.

P.S. If I'm a bad player, what does it say when my solo WR is 54.82% and yours is 53.01%? I'm not bringing this up to stat shame, I'm bringing this up to point out that your accusation of me being a bad player is utterly baseless. 

This is both hysterical and painful.  Your pain is my pain.

I only have two questions for you after reading all of this.  First of all, how did your brain not liquefy and pour out of your nose just trying to follow his mental gymnastics, and secondly, I noticed you're not in a clan-- do you want to be?  :cap_popcorn:

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,907 battles
3 hours ago, Daemonheld said:

I only have two questions for you after reading all of this.  First of all, how did your brain not liquefy and pour out of your nose just trying to follow his mental gymnastics, and secondly, I noticed you're not in a clan-- do you want to be?  :cap_popcorn:

First, who said my brain didn't do that? It's like a bad nosebleed at that point, just shove some tissues up there and go on with your day. Just make sure to do some quadratic equations every so often so it reforms right.

Second, I have been looking for a clean, but there have been a few reasons I haven't found one that works. PM me if you want and we can hammer something out.

[BROOK]
Members
1,616 posts
On 7/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, Baskerville77 said:

How do you know it wasn't a lady?