Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mono_De_Mantequilla

A confluence of unimportant events

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
303 posts
4,537 battles

Last night I played a few battles of World of Warships, and it wasn't until afterwards that I noted there were several unrelated milestones that were all passed during the session.  Though they are all really insignificant I figured I would share them anyway.  :Smile_Default:

Firstly, I researched my first Tier VIII ship, Richelieu.  She won't be my first Tier VIII in port, since I got Cleveland(VIII) from having Cleveland(VI) before the US Cruiser line split, but Richelieu is the first that I actually got to click for the researching, and the first I will have to shell out the big credits to actually obtain.  Maybe I will wait for a sale...

Secondly, I got my first captain up to 14 points.  My LaGalissonniere captain now adds the IFHE skill to PT/AR/DE/CE, as the first one with two four-point skills.  In the first battle I did not really notice anything different, and I got 3 kills and did more damage in her previous battle without IFHE, but I figure in the long term this will help greatly.

Thirdly, I played an aircraft carrier in battle!  I have had Langley sitting in port for a long time, so I watched some videos on carrier basics and took her into a co-op battle.  Carrier play is not easy, I kept forgetting where my squadrons were, but I did get a kill and we won (only one other real player was on my team).  The bot Langley really had it in for me, he did nothing but send his bombers my way.  Are they always like that?  Might make me give up before I really get going on the line.   :Smile_teethhappy:    Well not really, I will have to practice a lot more, and hopefully carrier game play will become familiar, before WG changes it all.

And lastly, for perhaps the first time since my second battle, I won enough random battles to climb to 50% WR.  Thanks to an incredible run of a few months where my teammates have carried me to more wins than I deserve, I have reached the promised land!  I might have considered just retiring to the Old Gamer's home with that accomplishment intact, but I did lose a battle to drop one game below .500, so I guess I will have to try again and hope my luck has not run out.  :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,053
[ARGSY]
Members
6,420 posts
4,302 battles

Unimportant to some, perhaps, but not to you. Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles

Thats a heck of a night!

Congrats.

I dont play cv much myself, but i can say that yes, at least in the lower tiers coop the carrier snipe is common.

 

 

Edited by c3shooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,235
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles

6B2KxB1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,567 battles

IFHE in my opinion is questionable on tier 6, because IFHE will only really help get direct damage against Tier 8 BB bow and extremity armor.  The cost of 3% to fire chance is questionable for Tier 6.  The usefulness of IFHE will depend on how often you see Tier 8 ships in battle.

 

Also, as the Tier 7 and above French cruisers use 203 mm guns, IFHE is not required for French cruisers after Tier 6.

Edited by DanielLeary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,287
[PVE]
Members
9,882 posts
7,492 battles
17 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Last night I played a few battles of World of Warships, and it wasn't until afterwards that I noted there were several unrelated milestones that were all passed during the session.  Though they are all really insignificant I figured I would share them anyway.  :Smile_Default:

Congrats.

 

17 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Firstly, I researched my first Tier VIII ship, Richelieu.  She won't be my first Tier VIII in port, since I got Cleveland(VIII) from having Cleveland(VI) before the US Cruiser line split, but Richelieu is the first that I actually got to click for the researching, and the first I will have to shell out the big credits to actually obtain.  Maybe I will wait for a sale...

Shiny. I don't consider Ognevoi my first T8 DD either as I got it in the RU DD split. I'm only up to T7 in DDs I had to research. Ship sales for each country come around every month or so, almost always on weekends. Keep an eye out on the news and in game.

 

19 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Secondly, I got my first captain up to 14 points.  My LaGalissonniere captain now adds the IFHE skill to PT/AR/DE/CE, as the first one with two four-point skills.  In the first battle I did not really notice anything different, and I got 3 kills and did more damage in her previous battle without IFHE, but I figure in the long term this will help greatly.

Congrats. I don't have many 14+ point captains myself yet. The La Galissonniere has 152mm guns, so the regular HE pen is 24mm of armor. The HE pen with IFHE jumps to 32mm of armor, which you see more of in T8 battleships in the nose and stern. Also some of the higher tier cruisers have 25mm to 27mm of armor, that you can pen with IFHE on the La Gal.

 

23 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Thirdly, I played an aircraft carrier in battle!  I have had Langley sitting in port for a long time, so I watched some videos on carrier basics and took her into a co-op battle.  Carrier play is not easy, I kept forgetting where my squadrons were, but I did get a kill and we won (only one other real player was on my team).  The bot Langley really had it in for me, he did nothing but send his bombers my way.  Are they always like that?  Might make me give up before I really get going on the line.   :Smile_teethhappy:    Well not really, I will have to practice a lot more, and hopefully carrier game play will become familiar, before WG changes it all.

I'm only on T5 in CVs and except for one each battle in Hosho and Langley in PvP, all have been in PvE. The vast majority of co-op players don't care if you are new to CVs in PvE. Some players will down vote you in any mode, just because they hate CVs, which IMO is a stupid practice. Lots of good videos on Youtube about CV play.

 

26 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

And lastly, for perhaps the first time since my second battle, I won enough random battles to climb to 50% WR.  Thanks to an incredible run of a few months where my teammates have carried me to more wins than I deserve, I have reached the promised land!  I might have considered just retiring to the Old Gamer's home with that accomplishment intact, but I did lose a battle to drop one game below .500, so I guess I will have to try again and hope my luck has not run out.  :Smile_honoring:

 

Congrats again. Keep playing for the objectives and helping the team and you will continue to climb. Somewhere in the 55ish% range, you pretty much need to division to get high WR numbers, but I believe some solo players have done higher WRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,921 battles

Congrats! Those are some big milestones. A word of warning though, never be satisfied with your win rate. You see, WG made a pact with the devil, so when you finally do reach that win rate you so desire, he reaches his evil fingers up from the depths of hell to give you bad teams.

Or that's how it feels at least. Keep on keeping on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
303 posts
4,537 battles
39 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Congrats! However i’m not sure ifhe helps much for thefrench guns, but others probably know better.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/94793-ifhe-on-french-cruisers/?tab=comments#comment-2260202

 

26 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

Also, as the Tier 7 and above French cruisers use 203 mm guns, IFHE is not required for French cruisers after Tier 6.

 

This captain is staying on LaGal.  If it turns out that I am not getting improved results with the IFHE I will change things up the next time WG has a free respec period.  At 13-points I also had PM and LS, could always go back to that or maybe JoAT or HA for another 2-point skill.

I have Jean-Jacques Honore (the French reward captain with improved EM and AR) on Algerie, no need for IFHE in his skill tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×