You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

T10 camo or prem ship?

34 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
466 posts
10,981 battles

I have enough gold for ether 2 t10 camo or get the t7 German bb the Schanrn. What would be the best value?

• Funny 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have enough gold for ether 2 t10 camo or get the t7 German bb the Schanrn. What would be the best value?

Do not under any circumstances buy premium camo. They will nerf whatever ship it's on leaving you with a $15-$30 camo on a port queen without just dispensation for the nerf.

Get the premium ship leave the Canoli.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[TF16]
Members
826 posts
5,122 battles

Whichever one you will play the most.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

Depends on how you value things. Would you find more enjoyment from farming xp and not losing credits on a couple T10 ships that you like, or using the Scharn? We can't answer this for you though.

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles

a good match with a t10 prem camo brings you more credits than a tier7 prem ship.

but if you have a t10,then you know how "fun" the t10 matches are.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,684 battles

Learn from my experience.  Bought the camo for the Bismarck back when Bismarck was still pretty new.  Since then they issued two camo's you could earn with the same benefits and it isn't nearly as fun playing that ship with all of the additional lines and MM changes that have occurred.  I do still play the ship from time to time, with the camo I purchased, because hey, I purchased it and my monkey brain wants its monies worth!!! :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles

Scharn.

Scharn.

Scharn.

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

I have bought perm camo for only 6 of my 16 tier 10 ships, only the ships I play frequently.  I can play these 6 ships and in almost all situations make some credits - but it does take a while  to earn enough to pay off ( did buy a couple discounted due to doubloons rebate weekend).  Makes ya feel better, and you can play without dipping into your credit balance.”

But, a ship like the Sharn is fun and a good earner at tier 7 (still a good tier). I would get the premiums that you would like to get before getting prem camo.  

Edited by Panzer1113
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
18 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Whichever one you will play the most.  

If you are going to play those tier 10's a lot I would go with the permanent camo as it makes them credit positive in all but the worst showings. If you are not going to play them a lot go with the Scharnhorst.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Depends on how you value things. Would you find more enjoyment from farming xp and not losing credits on a couple T10 ships that you like, or using the Scharn? We can't answer this for you though.

This^^

Scharnhorst is a pretty good ship, I have it. Lots of fun to play.

T10 perma camo can help make T10 profitable to play. You get -50% service cost discount on T10 perma-camo, which saves you 90,000 credits per game. If you have hundreds of millions of credits you might not care. If you don't, it just might keep you from having to grind mid tier ships to be able to have the credits for T10 play. You also get to save your one-use camos for when there are 100-200% XP weekends and can use the perma-camo for the regular 50% XP days. The type 20 tier 10 perma-camo also gives you +20% credits and +100% XP.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage#Permanent_Camouflage

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles

I would recommend buying the T10 permanent camos. Cant go wrong with them iyam

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

It depends, OP.

-3% to surface detectability range.
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
-50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
+20% credits earned in the battle.
+100% to experience earned in the battle.

Those benefits are no laughing matter.

Tier X Perma-Camo is worthwhile if you play a lot of that Tier X ship.  It really cuts down on the servicing costs, as well as the usual other bonus attached.  It gets even better if not only do you play that Tier X ship a lot, but are proficient enough that you tend to do at the very least, alright performances.  The rewards grow from there.  If you only play that Tier X occasionally, then the cost of the Perma-Camo may not be worthwhile.

Scharnhorst herself is a solid Premium Buy.

"But Haze!  I can buy a Premium Ship to act as a trainer!"

F--ck that.  Stuff a 19pt captain on a Tier X ship with Perma-Camo and farm some good Elite Captain XPs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

i buy premium camo for all my t10 cause it helps your economy

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
Just now, iamplaya said:

i buy premium camo for all my t10 cause it helps your economy

i wouldnt buy premium camo on anything but t10 but thats just me

i always have lots of camo for my lower tier ships and they still make credits

t10 is where it matters if you ask me

[SOV]
Members
466 posts
10,981 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Scharn.

Scharn.

Scharn.

So am I getting a trend here! Tell us how you really feel! Lol I think I will do that.

[VW]
Members
1,946 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Do you like the campy tier 10 play style or the more aggressive tier 7 play style? Do you like to torp ships in a bb? Do you like to always be top tier or see tier 9 ships in your tier 7 once in a while? Do you need a german captain trainer? Answer these and you will be closer to your decision.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Do you like the campy tier 10 play style or the more aggressive tier 7 play style? Do you like to torp ships in a bb? Do you like to always be top tier or see tier 9 ships in your tier 7 once in a while? Do you need a german captain trainer? Answer these and you will be closer to your decision.

On the flip side, I like to hit Scharnhorsts with 406mm AP, and AP bomb them :cap_cool:

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles

Buy Scharnhorst. Tier 10 play aint fun and aint worth putting money into.

[SOV]
Members
466 posts
10,981 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Very good ideas. I do like playing t5 and t7 because there fast and close quarters. 

If I get the ship then I have another ship. If I need coin then play low t or get a few days prem. 

Thanks for the ideas!

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
16 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Very good ideas. I do like playing t5 and t7 because there fast and close quarters. 

If I get the ship then I have another ship. If I need coin then play low t or get a few days prem. 

Thanks for the ideas!

You are welcome. Either way was a good choice IMO.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Scharnhorst has earned me over 208 million in credits before I got my first Tier 10.

The premium Camos I did buy for my GK and Hindenburg have paid for them selves keeping my Credits in the  battles from showing negatives.

Buy the Scharnhorst 1st. Then a Perm Camo next.

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,941 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It depends, OP.

-3% to surface detectability range.
+4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
-50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
+20% credits earned in the battle.
+100% to experience earned in the battle.

Those benefits are no laughing matter.

Tier X Perma-Camo is worthwhile if you play a lot of that Tier X ship.  It really cuts down on the servicing costs, as well as the usual other bonus attached.  It gets even better if not only do you play that Tier X ship a lot, but are proficient enough that you tend to do at the very least, alright performances.  The rewards grow from there.  If you only play that Tier X occasionally, then the cost of the Perma-Camo may not be worthwhile.

Scharnhorst herself is a solid Premium Buy.

"But Haze!  I can buy a Premium Ship to act as a trainer!"

F--ck that.  Stuff a 19pt captain on a Tier X ship with Perma-Camo and farm some good Elite Captain XPs.

This! Haze knows his stuff!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles

The thing is without T10 premium camo, you can and will lose money fairly often.

So often in fact that you may not want to play them lol. (WG obviously knows what they're doing here)

That said even though you may feel like a sucker and forced into it - you probably should have at least one ship you will want to play often with the perm camo, it will make sense eventually and you will want to continue using it most likely.

BTW the Yamato got a free t10 camo (or very similar at least) for a while - maybe they'll have another t10 camo mission in the future ...

Edited by Commander_367