You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

At what level flags?

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles

At what Account Level can the player mount Flags on his ships?  Not Signal Flags but display flags like Coo of Boom, Corgi, or the Santa Fish etc. 

At Level 10 you get Signals and the Exterior notebook in Port.  At Level 11 you get Camos on a new notebook page in Exterior.  At Level 13 there is no Flags page yet.  Could it be that's because the guy doesn't have any flags?  That doesn't sound right to me. 

Level 14, Ranked, awards commemorative flags; they must be enabled by then.  So somewhere in Levels 10-14. 

Answer:  Level 10, we think. 

Edited by iDuckman
more datums

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

If you are new, check out the videos in the Service Record. They show and tell you what you get at each level and how to use it. Otherwise I do not know what level.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,943 battles

You can mount signals at level 10.  Pretty sure that you can mount flags, also.

Edit:  Cut and pasted from the wiki

Flags

Jump to: navigation, search
Icon_4.png   At Account Level 10, captains unlock the ability to fly signals and flags on their ship that grant small bonuses to gameplay.
Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
12 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

If you are new, check out the videos in the Service Record. They show and tell you what you get at each level and how to use it. Otherwise I do not know what level.

Good idea, but no mention in the Signals video.  I'll check out the others. 

8 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You can mount signals at level 10.  Pretty sure that you can mount flags, also.

That would be my thought too.  I just don't see it mentioned anywhere.  If I can confirm it I'll add it to the wiki. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
544 battles

It never made sense to me that you can't mount camos and flags/signals from the onset. There's really no reason for it at all. The whole 'level' system in the game is completely unnecessary and adds nothing of substance to the game at all except handicapping people arbitrarily for 10 levels...

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,943 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That would be my thought too.  I just don't see it mentioned anywhere.  If I can confirm it I'll add it to the wiki. 

I edited my post:  The last part is directly from the wiki, which states that you can use "signals and flags" at level 10. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
16 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Edit:  Cut and pasted from the wiki

Good find!  Yet a pretty left-handed statement.  I'll add it to the Account Level section and let someone correct if it's wrong. 

Thanks. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles
28 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

It never made sense to me that you can't mount camos and flags/signals from the onset. There's really no reason for it at all. The whole 'level' system in the game is completely unnecessary and adds nothing of substance to the game at all except handicapping people arbitrarily for 10 levels...

I kind of agree.  Some parts are needed but e.g. withholding Inventory until Level 13 is just plain stupid. 

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
42 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

To be fair, the service levels don't take long to get through, and with the paucity of signals at low tiers, at least you have an chance to gain some knowledge before you burn all your India Delta signals on your DDs, or Settesevens on your Bogatyr.

I'm sure you had no trouble figuring it out, and I know I didn't, (I didn't use any, even when allowed, until the point at which they became sustainable) but not everyone has the same experience with gaming.

Edited by Skpstr

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
544 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'm sure you had no trouble figuring it out, and I know I didn't, (I didn't use any, even when allowed, until the point at which they became sustainable) but not everyone has the same experience with gaming.

I have no problem with tutorials, but actively blocking people from utilizing content until they've reached a certain point in what is essentially a tutorial that you can't skip is dumb.

I had some friends playing on EU and I hopped over there only to realize I couldn't use signals or anything and I just flat stopped playing there because I was not going to put myself at a forced disadvantage just because I wasn't level 10. 

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
24 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I had some friends playing on EU and I hopped over there only to realize I couldn't use signals or anything and I just flat stopped playing there because I was not going to put myself at a forced disadvantage just because I wasn't level 10. 

Yeah, that seems pretty ridiculous, your service level should be universal. It's no different than starting a new line.

I don't really agree with it, but I can see a possible rationale.

Edited by Skpstr

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
8 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

I have no problem with tutorials, but actively blocking people from utilizing content until they've reached a certain point in what is essentially a tutorial that you can't skip is dumb.

It only takes to 22,000 XP to get to account level 10.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

That puts you in a T5 if you go straight up the line, only getting the hulls you need to unlock the next cruiser. Detour into DDs and/or BBs and you will hit 22k XP before getting to T5. So you can easily get to account level 10 in the protected MM of T1 through T4.