Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Russian DD Buffs

26 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

We have seen the dev blog about other ships getting buffs and nerfs but have you seen this,

Tashkent with Khab guns, this is going to be fun if this is done.

Soviet Destroyers "Gnevny" and "Minsk":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.

Soviet Destroyer "Podvoisky":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;
  • Reduced the reload time of the Main Battery from 8.1 to 7.5 s.

The Soviet modules 102 mm/60 Model 1911 (installed on Soviet destroyers of Tier II-IV):

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 8.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;

The Soviet Destroyer "Tashkent":
Added a researchable main battery module: 130 mm / 55 B-2-U from Khabarovsk. This addition will make moving along the Tech Tree more logical and will allow you to get used to tier X ballistics in advance.
The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute.

The Soviet Cruiser "Chapayev":
The possibility of installing the equipment "Surveillance Radar" on the A Hull.
Change brings consistency to this ship's progression.

this is the link if you doubt

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2018/07/wows-devs-soviet-destroyers-and-Chapayev-Balance-Changes.html

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Boring 1

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles

My question is: given that it has the same type of gun as the Pod, Gnevny, and Minsk, is Gremy going to have it's rotation buffed to?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
Just now, JediMasterDraco said:

My question is: given that it has the same type of gun as the Pod, Gnevny, and Minsk, is Gremy going to have it's rotation buffed to?

Wouldn't that be nice.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Probably not, Gremy is kinda in the same boat as Nikolai, considered by many to be OP. 

[NGA]
Members
1,291 posts
7,840 battles
4 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Probably not, Gremy is kinda in the same boat as Nikolai, considered by many to be OP. 

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Alpha Tester
1,961 posts
34 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Gremy is already OP AF. The last thing she needs is a buff.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
36 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Gremmy like most ships is only OP in the right hands, and with a high level captain

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
39 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

It's one of the only things that truly still hamstrings Gremmy. I would love the change, don't get me wrong and maybe it should happen considering OWSF was the reason the turrets were glacial and it's gone,  but it's already pretty strong. A change like this would only improve on the ship.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,442 posts
3,875 battles
49 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Doesn't Gremyaschy already have faster turret traverse than Podvoisky, Gnevny, and Minsk?

I seem to remember being really surprised at the differences between Grem and Gnev when going through Gnevny on my tier grind, considering they're the same class.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Doesn't Gremyaschy already have faster turret traverse than Podvoisky, Gnevny, and Minsk?

With EM gremmy has a 24 second 180 degree turn, prolly better with special commander

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,795 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

We have seen the dev blog about other ships getting buffs and nerfs but have you seen this,

Tashkent with Khab guns, this is going to be fun if this is done.

Soviet Destroyers "Gnevny" and "Minsk":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.

Soviet Destroyer "Podvoisky":

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;
  • Reduced the reload time of the Main Battery from 8.1 to 7.5 s.

The Soviet modules 102 mm/60 Model 1911 (installed on Soviet destroyers of Tier II-IV):

• Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 8.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;

The Soviet Destroyer "Tashkent":
Added a researchable main battery module: 130 mm / 55 B-2-U from Khabarovsk. This addition will make moving along the Tech Tree more logical and will allow you to get used to tier X ballistics in advance.
The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute.

The Soviet Cruiser "Chapayev":
The possibility of installing the equipment "Surveillance Radar" on the A Hull.
Change brings consistency to this ship's progression.

this is the link if you doubt

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2018/07/wows-devs-soviet-destroyers-and-Chapayev-Balance-Changes.html

I'm the top NA player in Podvoisky and Gnevny I'm salivating.

Also Belthorian told me to contact you to see if your interested in Div'ing up.

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
7 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm the top NA player in Podvoisky and Gnevny I'm salivating.

Also Belthorian told me to contact you to see if your interested in Div'ing up.

wow the top seal clubber,here in this thread.

can i get an autograph?

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles

So the best CLs in the game are getting buffs?

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,667 battles
1 minute ago, ramp4ge said:

So the best CLs in the game are getting buffs?

The change log said nothing about the British Cruisers, not sure what you're talking about.

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
3 minutes ago, Seniorious said:

The change log said nothing about the British Cruisers, not sure what you're talking about.

what a dirty way to say russian cruisers,please wash your mouth.

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,667 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

what a dirty way to say russian cruisers,please wash your mouth.

It is unfathomable that you would soil the British cruisers with such a filthy term, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?!

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,987 posts
4,406 battles
Just now, Seniorious said:

It is unfathomable that you would soil the British cruisers with such a filthy term, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?!

how dare you,good sir,first you insult the best cruisers,now you insult my beautiful mouth?we will settle this like civilized citizens,suing.

Beta Testers
1,415 posts

...and people still claim there is no soviet bias. 

When have you ever seen so many buffs on already OP as F** ships come in at once..and without a SINGLE nerf to 'counter' them?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

When have you ever seen so many buffs on already OP as F** ships come in at once..and without a SINGLE nerf to 'counter' them?

Well in the higher tiers you have radar, but in all honesty this has more to do with bring the numbers of the ships up, what led me to find the information was watching Flamus live stream where they were discussing all of this and he was bringing up and showing the stats, now I am guessing this is the EU server he was showing, and the Tashkent for instance had the lowest WR out of all the DD at that tier, the same thing with the Henry, they are giving it something because it is an unplayed ship, he showed that while most T10 CA had over 2 million games the Henry hadn't even cracked 400k, so it was more like WG wants people to play this ship more by giving it more, same thing with the Groz DD.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Eh, I'm fine with the Chapayev buff - that was less a buff and more a fix, she should've had radar from the start. 

That being said, I'm not a fan of the DD buffs. They weren't the most comfortable to play at close range, but they're not close-in cap brawling ships like USN DDs. Their strength has always been high speed at range, where turret traverse doesn't bother them, and they're one of the least affected ships by radar and hydro shenanigans.

They were always good at range and effective with their gunpower despite the poor traverse, in fact that did a lot to balance them. These buffs are just unnecessary. 

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,972 battles

A bit miffed that I have to spec out of EM, but this is a welcome and needed change. Mid-tier RU DDs are not fun to play when even a twitch of the rudder prevents me from shooting.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
316 posts
9,456 battles
33 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

ahem............Radar

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I can't believe they are giving the Tashkent Khab guns, if it keeps its range it will be insane.

Beta Testers
1,415 posts
1 hour ago, Gary_P said:

ahem............Radar

so? Do you see any other DDs getting massive upgrades like soviet DDs are to 'help them' with radar?

Is shima long range torps getting their detect range fixed? Nope. Is Shima's garbage ROF/Rotation turrets getting fixed because 'radar'? Nope. 

Any other nation getting anything? Nope. 

Only soviet ships. The ones with the highest hitpoints, fastest speeds and ungodly accelerations in BOTH directions ... aka the ONLY thing that helps you against radar... which they already have full benefit of... are getting their guns improved. 

Do tell me.. how does increasing their guns do anything for 'the radar issue' ? 

Sign in to follow this