Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KurganSPK

Seattle - A Pleasant T9 CA Grind

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

I've heard a lot of folks complaining about how bad the Seattle is in matches, saying it's not any better than Clev... etc etc. For me, it was perhaps the easiest and most pleasant t9 grind, and now I have all the t10 CAs. I keep getting told how I need to "git gud" for my stats but I managed a 66% WR in the ship, and 60K damage a match average and it only took 60 battles to get the Wooster,  as I did run XP boosting camo on her, and I have premium. Kind of wish I hadn't used the camo as I really enjoyed the ship. Granted, over a 100 or 200 games I'd fully expect that WR to drop down to closer to my overall but for anyone thinking the ship will be awful I just wanted to say my experience was the opposite. It's a solid support ship and should be treated as such. Cheers Seattle - maybe I'll buy you back someday.... 

Members
98 posts
3,432 battles

I can't say much on the matter, I free-xp'd basically all the way through Seattle. Part of it is that having played the T6 Cleveland  for so long, I had already adapted the skills required to play Cleveland in her T8 position. Seattle simply felt 'clunky' in comparison to Cleveland and that was all i could see in her. FWIW, even thought her turrets were dual purpose + Heal, I still would've much rather played Cleveland at T9 instead of Seattle.

The issue is partially that Seattle actually gets a citadel, (in comparison to Cleveland) and to use all your guns you have to show more of that citadel (again, in comparison).

I bet Seattle isn't all that bad, But for me personally I found Cleveland to be more promising. (Again, this could totally be just because of her teeny tiny citadel, or the fact that every so often T8 MM blessed you with a T6 match.

[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,930 battles
24 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

I've heard a lot of folks complaining about how bad the Seattle is in matches

Guy in a match just now got a Kraken and came in first on the team in a Seattle. Of course, he had a good, supporting team of DDs that kept him smoked up too. 

The Seattle is what I'd hoped the tier VIII Cleveland would be. In tier X matches, the new Cleveland's AA leaves something to be desired. However, the Seattle has no problem handling tier X planes. The extra turret and heal are nice too.

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

Seattle feels like a worse Cleveland.

In fact, if Cleveland had a repair party and was thrown into T9, I'd much rather have than than Seattle.

Also, I don't understand how Seattle feels like it has better AA, aside from the fact it can shoot out to 8.6km.

DPS wise, it has the exact same long range AA DPS as Cleveland, 90DPS.

It doesn't even get the 3" AA guns that provide the bulk of AA on Des Memes and Cockbote

Edited by MrDeaf

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
250 posts
2,167 battles

Good for you. I also did 60 games, but it felt wrong for me.   I converted some premium xp into freexp, unlocked Worcester, and then immediately scrapped the Seattle.  The firing angles and turret traverse were just too terrible for me to ignore.  I felt like I was constantly fighting the ship to get it into position or to aim where I wanted it to. 

The Worcester, in only my 4-5 games so far, does exactly what I want it to, when I want it to, and places the shells where I expect them to be.  The Seattle definitely won't be missed here.

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

only time I kinda hated the ship was when it really needed to use AP, lol. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,700 battles

It took a few games, but I have learned to like the ship a lot.

Beta Testers
852 posts
5,984 battles
52 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Seattle is what I'd hoped the tier VIII Cleveland would be. 

A ship with less maneuverabilty, a worse armor belt, slower rof, slower turret traverse, worse firing angles, a larger as well as higher sitting citadel, and less acceleration...with better AA?

That's what you hoped the Cleveland would be? 

[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,930 battles
14 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

A ship with less maneuverabilty, a worse armor belt, slower rof, slower turret traverse, worse firing angles, a larger as well as higher sitting citadel, and less acceleration...with better AA?

That's what you hoped the Cleveland would be? 

I was primarily talking about AA.  I find the Cleveland lacking when facing tier X planes in AA, whereas the Seattle does just fine.

Sign in to follow this