Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

More Balance Changes

10 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,302 posts
7,888 battles

ST. Balance changes. Soviet destroyers and the "Chapayev" cruiser.

Soviet destroyers "Gnevny" and "Minsk":
Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.

Soviet destroyer "Podvoisky":
Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 6.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;
Reduced the reload time of the Main Battery from 8.1 to 7.5 s.

The Soviet modules 102 mm/60 Model 1911 (installed on Soviet destroyers of Tier II-IV):
Increased the speed of rotation of the Main Battery from 8.0 to 9.7 deg. / sec.;

The Soviet destroyer "Tashkent":
Added a researchable main battery module: 130 mm / 55 B-2-U from Khabarovsk. This addition will make moving along the Tech Tree more logical and will allow you to get used to tier X ballistics in advance.
The changes increase the combat effectiveness of Soviet destroyers, leading them to balance with their classmates, and also allow them to focus on artillery dueling, because slow turrets often hampered the effectiveness of making use of ballistics and damage per minute.

The Soviet cruiser "Chapayev":
The possibility of installing the equipment "Surveillance Radar" on the A Hull.
Change brings consistency to this ship's progression.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

I'm a little annoyed with these changes given that back in the day, the main balancing factors for the Soviet DDs' guns were their sluggish rotation and the OWSF penalty. And with these latest changes, those are not really an issue anymore. I'm wondering if the rotation boost will effect the Gremyaschy as not doing so would make it a bit more balanced compared to other ships and maybe see it go on sale. Considering the influx of radar lately, I get the feeling that Chappy's change will be nonconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

ST. Balance changes. American and Pan-Asian ships.

For American and pan-Asian AP shells of 127 mm caliber for Mk 38 guns, the fuse time has been reduced from 0.03 to 0.01. The change will make it more efficient to deal "alpha" damage to destroyers and cruisers.

Fixed a bug for the US cruisers Seattle and Buffalo with the sigma parameter, now the indicator is 2.05 instead of 2.0....
The sigma paramerter bug for the American cruiser Baltimore has been fixed, now the value is 2.0 instead of 2.05.

American Battleship S. Carolina:
The sigma parameter is increased from 1.8 to 1.9. Change leads the battleship to balance with the ships of her tier.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

So US DD AP will be more viable against superstructure there's some minor changes to cruiser shell groupings which could be good or bad depending on you PoV (and your ability to aim). Accuracy for the SC gets buffed which I don't mind given that while most tier III BBs have the same broadside, the SC is the only one which lacks wing turrets and therefore needs to wait for its guns to fully turn around in order to fire.

ST. Balance changes. Japanese and German battleships.

Japanese battleship Izumo:
The thickness of the upper deck armour plating is increased from 32 mm to 57 mm;
Surface Detectability Range reduced from 19.26 to 17.19 km;...
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke is reduced from 19.21 to 16.8 km.
The changes will allow the battleship to receive less damage from the enemy cruisers' HE shells, and the change in the visibility puts her in line with that of other tier IX battleships. It will also increase the average life time and combat efficiency of the ship.

Japanese battleship Yamato:
The speed of rotation of the Main Battery is increased from 2.5 to 3.0 g / s to increase the level of comfort of the game on the ship.

Japanese battleship Ashitaka:
AP shells was replaced with a shell with the following characteristics:
Initial speed: 806 m / s instead of 790 m / s;
Damage: 12 600 instead of 12 400.
Thus, the battleship can better combine high speed and effective armament. The ship will have a volley from the battleship Amagi, whilst staying inferior to it in armour.

Japanese battleship Kawachi:
In the hull (A) the reload time of the Main Battery is reduced from 33 to 30 s.

Japanese battleship Myogi:
A Hull: the reload time of the Main Battery is reduced from 33 to 30 s;
A Hull: rotation speed of the Main Battery is increased from 3.0 to 4.0 g / s;
The sigma parameter is increased from 1.8 to 2.0.
Thus, Kawachi and Myogi will become more comfortable ships during the progression from the base to the top state of the ship. The change in sigma will compensate for the small number of shells in the volley.

German battleship Nassau:
Reload time of the Main Battery has increased from 22.2 to 26 s
Reduced the number of charges of consumable "Repair Party" from 3 (4 for Repair Party II) to 2 (3).
The ship showed high efficiency at her tier and the corrections should lead it to balance with other ships at her tier. Reducing the number of charges of this consumable will increase the effectiveness of experienced and novice players on the ship.

Okay so Kawachii gets a reload buff, Myogi gets several buffs, Izumo gets buffed in armor and detection (something I'm sure will help given its reputation), Yamato gets a buff to its turret rotation which I reserve the right to [edited] about. Ashitaka appears to be getting the modernized 16" shell that Nagato and Amagi get so I guess I should put her on my list now that she doesn't have the defective older shells. Maybe @LittleWhiteMousecould confirm my hypothesis given that she is the source of genius that always seems to know how these things work. And finally Nassau losses a charge of its repair party while also getting a reload nerf. Not real sure how I feel about these changes given that I just breezed through the lower tier BBs. Izumo getting changes that might tempt me to buy her. As someone with the Yamato, I can appreciate the slight buff. As someone who has every other tier X BB (not to mention the to-be-nerfed Alsace), I curse the existence of the 18.1-inch LOL!penner. And if I'm correct in assuming that Ashitaka now has the new shells and not just tweaked old ones, looks like I've got a new premium on my list.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,137 posts
7,663 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Maybe @LittleWhiteMousecould confirm my hypothesis

She has Amagi's shells now but she's still super squishy.  She's a tier 7 Amagi without armour.  She'll feel like a glass cannon.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,302 posts
7,888 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

She has Amagi's shells now but she's still super squishy.  She's a tier 7 Amagi without armour.  She'll feel like a glass cannon.

Well to me the big quibble was always going to be her shells since I plan to use her in scenarios a lot and the bots never target BBs. Now that she has the better shells, I'm probably going to grab her. Thanks for the confirmation. Besides, I play cruisers. Any armor is an improvement over that.

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,141 battles

Good to see some lower tier ships like South Carolina, Kawachi and Myogi get some love, even if it wasn't the buffs I would have went with.

Izumo is a nice change, even if I didn't have an issue with her current state.

Russian DDs is still a head-scratcher, as I think they're all in a pretty decent place.

Members
1,156 posts
3,146 battles
6 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Yamato gets a buff to its turret rotation which I reserve the right to [edited] about.

It won't really matter. Most yamato player lock their turrets on one side for the majority of the match so it won't affect Yamato's performance that much, if at all. 

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles
6 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Japanese battleship Yamato:
The speed of rotation of the Main Battery is increased from 2.5 to 3.0 g / s to increase the level of comfort of the game on the ship.

I wonder is this buff is to partially counter the debuff for the legendary module traverse speed. Add everything in it comes down to

2.80 degrees/sec traverse after legendary mod installed and buff

3.45 degrees/sec traverse with buff

2.88 degrees/sec traverse stock

So..6% buff to loading time...7% buff to the dispersion..and 0.08 degrees/sec loss of turret traverse. It's not a side grade anymore.It's an UPGRADE!

Members
304 posts
4,537 battles

I will be happy to get the turret traverse upgrade in the Gnevny.  And it means I won't put Viktor Znamenskiy and his extra-special EM skill onto Minsk when I buy her, but onto Shchors instead.

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,663 battles

With such buffs, Izumo will become very strong at T9

She will have 12.9km detection range with full concealment build. 57mm deck means even Hindenburg can't easily farm HE damage off her.

Her guns are never bad to begin with.

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles
11 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

With such buffs, Izumo will become very strong at T9

She will have 12.9km detection range with full concealment build. 57mm deck means even Hindenburg can't easily farm HE damage off her.

Her guns are never bad to begin with.

The bad news is that now she's a prime target for AP bombs. The deck armor is now thick enough to prime the bombs and cause citadels. A Dev strike is now possible.

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles
22 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Japanese battleship Ashitaka:
AP shells was replaced with a shell with the following characteristics:
Initial speed: 806 m / s instead of 790 m / s;
Damage: 12 600 instead of 12 400.
Thus, the battleship can better combine high speed and effective armament. The ship will have a volley from the battleship Amagi, whilst staying inferior to it in armour.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL.

Sign in to follow this