You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheAshenWolf

Indianapolis Marathon. Finale: Mission Extension?

28 comments in this topic

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
6 posts
8,712 battles

Howdy!

Realizing that all of these Indianapolis missions, were actually all completed in vain, makes me a bit spicy. This is due to the apparent deadline on 07/16/18. As far as I know, there are only at most four missions left to be released this week & weekend. I am currently 16/21 missions. This really sucks if I won't be able to acquired the final one or two missions. I was unable to complete the first few due to not being able to play early on, as I was out of town a lot for work.

I wonder if this post will fall on deaf ears or if there is a possibility for more missions to be released / have an extension. Thought I'd at least try.

Thanks.

:-)

Edited by TheAshenWolf
typo
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
9,580 posts
7,466 battles
22 minutes ago, TheAshenWolf said:

Howdy!

Realizing that all of these Indianapolis missions, were actually all completed in vain, makes me a bit spicy. This is due to the apparent deadline on 07/16/18. As far as I know, there are only at most four missions left to be released this week & weekend. I am currently 16/21 missions. This really sucks if I won't be able to acquired the final one or two missions. I was unable to complete the first few due to not being able to play early on, as I was out of town a lot for work.

I wonder if this post will fall on deaf ears or if there is a possibility for more missions to be released / have an extension. Thought I'd at least try.

Thanks.

Based on past events, probably not unfortunately.

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

i dont really understand the need for timing the missions... they have a staggered start why not leave the older missions until they get completed as long as it's by the end of the event

I mean what purpose doe it serve other than punishing those who can't play every day like the OP and probably a lot of others myself included.

This sort of thing goes a long way to sour a customer on your product.

Edited by nina_blain_73
  • Cool 2

[BBP]
Members
334 posts
4,324 battles

I missed 3 missions due to being out of town with no laptop.  Completed the rest of the missions and am on track to to get it later this week.

I may only play Indy once or twice as I'm not really a US cruiser player but the chase was fun...  Plus I don't currently have a T7 cruiser so there's that...

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
32 minutes ago, TheAshenWolf said:

Howdy!

Thanks.

4 + 16 = 20 so regardless if they gave a time extension you fall short by 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,023 posts
8,125 battles

At this point, your only consolation is the 16 “free” containers you have received so far.

And, while many new owners dislike her (she is not easy to play), she had been in the top five T7 cruisers before this event.  So, you may not enjoy her if you were to get her.  Disclaimer: I am somewhat of an Indy fanboi.  She requires full attention when playing or you will be punished, but she can be fun.  61.9% @ 63 battles.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LUCK]
Members
1,297 posts
19,543 battles
34 minutes ago, TheAshenWolf said:

I wonder if this post will fall on deaf ears

Pretty much

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles
16 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

i dont really understand the need for timing the missions... they have a staggered start why not leave the older missions until they get completed as long as it's by the end of the event

I mean what purpose doe it serve other than punishing those who can't play every day like the OP and probably a lot of others myself included.

I agree I really hate this format. On top of that the tasks can be annoying. I wouldn't mind one or the other, but the two together is quite frustrating.

• Cool 3

[SOFOP]
Members
228 posts
3,521 battles

There were 26 missions, and you had to complete 21.  They could have easily said "you have to complete them all, or gave you 1 day to do them instead of 2-3.  Things like this are just carrots on a stick, to keep you logging in every day, and they have to balance them with the fact that many people paid for this ship with real money.

I missed 2-3 due to vacation I think, but i have her now.  If you did well in Pensa and New Orleans, she can be very comfortable for you.  if you are used to other cruiser lines, you may struggle.  She also does not print credits like a T8 premium sadly enough, so I'm back to deciding if I want to spend the cash on a T8 premium (I need credits...I have 3-4 high teir ships unlocked bu can't buy them, and am playing Iowa stock for the same reason).

[ARGSY]
Members
6,265 posts
4,224 battles
1 hour ago, TheAshenWolf said:

I was unable to complete the first few due to not being able to play early on, as I was out of town a lot for work.

And I was unable to complete the Aigle marathon through having to be out of the country smack bang in the middle of it, for JUST enough missions to deny me the prize, but I certainly wasn't expecting them to cater to me because of that. I completed the missions I could, got the stage prizes for doing so, and told myself that next time WG threw something like that at me, hopefully I'd be ready for it and able to do the whole thing. And I was.

I have my reservations about this format - I agree it would be a little less hectic if the stages stayed open or they were structured similar to the permanent campaigns or the North Cape campaign last year - but it is what it is, and you play by the rules or you don't get the ship.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Members
183 posts
6,872 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And I was unable to complete the Aigle marathon through having to be out of the country smack bang in the middle of it, for JUST enough missions to deny me the prize, but I certainly wasn't expecting them to cater to me because of that. I completed the missions I could, got the stage prizes for doing so, and told myself that next time WG threw something like that at me, hopefully I'd be ready for it and able to do the whole thing. And I was.

I have my reservations about this format - I agree it would be a little less hectic if the stages stayed open or they were structured similar to the permanent campaigns or the North Cape campaign last year - but it is what it is, and you play by the rules or you don't get the ship.

This

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

I lost a week because we had the floors refinished...  They are not going to extend - just because.

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles
8 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There were 26 missions, and you had to complete 21.  They could have easily said "you have to complete them all, or gave you 1 day to do them instead of 2-3.  Things like this are just carrots on a stick, to keep you logging in every day, and they have to balance them with the fact that many people paid for this ship with real money.

I missed 2-3 due to vacation I think, but i have her now.  If you did well in Pensa and New Orleans, she can be very comfortable for you.  if you are used to other cruiser lines, you may struggle.  She also does not print credits like a T8 premium sadly enough, so I'm back to deciding if I want to spend the cash on a T8 premium (I need credits...I have 3-4 high teir ships unlocked bu can't buy them, and am playing Iowa stock for the same reason).

I feel that credit burn.  I just bought the Grosser Kurfurst and the Alsace and am now trying to round up five million for the last upgrade for the Alsace.

More on topic, I actually skipped the first like four missions because I didn't want the Indy.  Then I changed my mind.  So I have to make sure I do every single mission ((Since I had to work overtime for a few days so I didn't feel like trying to complete another mission.))  Still,  I also got an Atlanta from the event containers so...not really complaining.

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,248 battles

Sure it's cool and all to get a free T7 premium cruiser . This isn't like getting the Kamikaze R before the great minikaze nerf or anything so you're not really missing that much. I get how the format can be a tad annoying but look at it this way. The trend is they throw some premium ship up as a prize every now and then so it's likely to happen again for some other ship. Free is free. I can't really complain about free. *shrugs* 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,265 posts
4,224 battles
5 hours ago, Palladia said:

Still,  I also got an Atlanta from the event containers so...not really complaining.

Bought or won? (Don't care; just curious for statistical purposes.)

You'll walk away from this with a premium Tier 7 American cruiser. That's not too shabby.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
847 posts
4,789 battles

I remember the ARP missions where some people had them done in a few days then complained that they needed more content. This format solves that and it makes people play the game more steady rather than bingeing then not playing till the next event. Who knows if they will return?

Members
309 posts
17 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

The purpose it serves it to habituate you into logging on every few days.

If logging on is a habit, WG doesn't have to spend as much advertising the game to you. Not to mention, you only pay for games you're playing.

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,558 battles
18 hours ago, MajorHavoc said:

Ship sucks anyway.   

^this^

Other than saying I have one, she sails not from my port nor fulfills any other function.

[EQRN]
Members
342 posts
8,903 battles

I think finishing “x of y” battles is nice, it gives players some flexibility.  Maybe a mission (shoot down 30 planes) is too hard and people don’t want that one mission to screw up the whole event, or take a few days off and still have a chance of succeeding.  I think the Aigle allowed co op battles though?  

[SOFOP]
Members
228 posts
3,521 battles

Not sure how the paying customers for the ship would feel, but maybe a "catchup" mission could be added each weekend, with higher requirements (within reason) but maybe less rewards and only available to those who missed a mission that week?

I don't know.  I get the idea they are trying to push - daily logins - but its also a pretty tough pill to swallow when you can only get to 20/26 or something.

Beta Testers
285 posts
6,842 battles
20 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I agree 100% ... the time limit for the missions is unnecessary. Like you said, these time sensitive missions are not suited for working people and others who only have the time to play a few battles per day.