You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Atlanta is Playable but it would be better if this was added

83 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

So at the moment Atlanta isn't really playable for me.  She just sits and rots in port.  I am suggesting a slight change to her.  Since the developers wont give Atlanta some new torpedoes with a range of 7 KM or even 6.5 KM instead of the 4.5 KM torpedoes she has on her now so it would be up to part at least with the Flint.  With the Radar Consumable being used.  At tier 7 I when I play Atlanta most of the time I am trying to hide behind a rock.  Same with most of the other Atlanta players.  Radar for her is well just MEH.  The slight change I am requesting for this ship is this.

1. Either upgrade the torpedoes to give them longer range.  So they are actually usable instead of defense only.

2.  Add in the function of the availability of the Smoke Consumable.

How ever, at tier 7 if the Smoke Consumable is allowed to be on Atlanta.  There would be a set back.  You would either have to choose between the Radar Consumable or the Smoke Consumable.  I for one don't really use Radar much if at all when I'm playing or have played in my Atlanta.  I would much rather have smoke.  Atlanta is basically the Queen of the Glass Cannon ships  The Molotov being the King Glass Cannon.  Anyways if you agree with me on this great.  If not that's okay too.   But Devs please MAKE Atlanta Great Again.  Thanks for reading.

images.jpg.de97b784f8471b3c5c0060454e93f8a4.jpg

Edited by torpsRus
  • Bad 9

[MIA-A]
Members
2,095 posts
6,729 battles

I always chuckle when people want Atlanta buffs.

Sure. Buff one of the most skill dependent ships. I will harvest even more saltiness!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I think Atlanta is strong enough as is. When playing to her strengths, she's OPAF. When not, she's dead in the blink of an eye.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Sure. Buff one of the most skill dependent ships. I will harvest even more saltiness!

Its not a salt thread its a change.  You didn't even bother reading.   What a shame.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,725 posts
2,616 battles

If you wnat smoke and I think better torps get Flint.

• Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

I think Atlanta is strong enough as is. When playing to her strengths, she's OPAF. When not, she's dead in the blink of an eye.

Its not really a buff its more of a oh I can have smoke instead of radar okay.  

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Atlanta is a strong ship.

The only thing she needs is a salvo of 11" - 15" shells right into her citadel to make her better.

• Cool 2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,095 posts
6,729 battles
2 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Its not a salt thread its a change.  You didn't even bother reading.   What a shame.

You basically are asking for a buff to a ship that is borderline OP (but since potatoes get wrecked when they play it, it's not considered OP).

While not as bad as the skill gap on CVs, the skill gap on Atlanta is pretty significant too.

Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Atlanta is a strong ship.

The only thing she needs is a salvo of 11" - 15" shells right into her citadel to make her better.

7 overpens!:cap_wander:

Edited by enderland07
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Which at a tier where radar is so rare, is a massive buff for her. I mean, look at how well the Fiji performs.

Members
95 posts
3,354 battles

You must learn the ways of the atlanta. Learn the art of shooting over islands, learn the art of ambushing crusiers with AP for heaps of citadels. Learn how to lead targets 10 seconds in advance. Do this, and atlanta becomes one of the best ships for randoms in game.

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Guess I just never really learned to play it properly the AFT skill on the Atlanta just gives me a headache because of the horrible floating arc that goes into space lol.

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,092 battles
14 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I always laugh when I hear people wanting Atlanta equipped with smoke.

Then in the same breath, they complain that ships like Flint and Belfast ruin Ranked and Random gameplay.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,095 posts
6,729 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

I always laugh when I hear people wanting Atlanta equipped with smoke.

Then in the same breath, they complain that ships like Flint and Belfast ruin Ranked and Random gameplay.

True. Might as well just give Atlanta smoke AND radar! Then potatoes everywhere can die just as fast.

Members
1,147 posts
3,141 battles

They have buffed atlanta several times. If you want smoke then you're going to have to give up radar. Both is too much, as we have seen with Belfast. 

[SBS]
Members
2,448 posts
2,253 battles

If people are playing the Atlanta (and buying it) there is no reason for WG to buff it.

Members
95 posts
3,354 battles
12 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Guess I just never really learned to play it properly the AFT skill on the Atlanta just gives me a headache because of the horrible floating arc that goes into space lol.

On one hand the atlanta is hard to lead targets with due to its crazy flight times. However, its crazy fire rate allows you to learn its ballistics quicker than most other guns. Once you have a handle on that (and IFHE) you can melt any same tier or lower BB with little issue. 

Edited by Commissar_Carl
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,092 battles
Just now, CarbonButtprint said:

They have buffed atlanta several times. If you want smoke then you're going to have to give up radar. Both is too much, as we have seen with Belfast. 

Yep.

Find an island.  Hug it like its your waifu.  That's your permanent smoke.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,095 posts
6,729 battles
2 minutes ago, Commissar_Carl said:

On one hand the atlanta is hard to lead targrts witg due to its crazy flight times. However, its crazy fire rate allows you to learn its ballistics quicker than most other guns. Once you have a handle on that (and IFHE) you can melt any same tier or lower BB with little issue. 

The psychological factor of walls of HE also means you hardly have to hit stuff to have a fairly big map impact.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
20 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Which at a tier where radar is so rare, is a massive buff for her. I mean, look at how well the Fiji performs.

Fiji?

Face Palm Shake My Head GIF - FacePalm ShakeMyHead Smdh GIFs

Members
6,895 posts
7,508 battles
25 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

And in the radar meta that's been with us for like 24 months, a ship like ATL getting caught in smoke is a dead ship.

Besides, we have what you want, already. It's called "Flint."

• Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

No steel to get Flint lol otherwise Id probably have it already.

[SYN]
Members
14,438 posts
10,396 battles

You know, Atlanta has more HE DPM than Des Memes does and Atlanta also has considerably better AA in her tier, compared to Des Memes.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

This is an educational video on how to play the Atlanta

• Cool 1

Members
3,756 posts
13,966 battles

My only problem with Atlanta is that I cant seem to ever hit anything with her mortars unless it's in my face.