Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Emile Bertin?

23 comments in this topic

Members
4,571 posts
6,518 battles

I have her.  Was just looking at a thread bout her and the overall evaluation was kinda negative.  Well I checked stat site and she has over a 53% win rate!  That is GOOD. I was surprised. So what is the issue?  I have not played her much but I gonna take her out in random and get some time in her and up the captain skills. Very very fast ship and that sure helps mitigate  her weak armor....but hell most cruisers have poor armor save a few. You got her?  You like her? Comments?  Has she gotten a bum rap from some? 

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

I like her, mainly for her speed and ability to kite-making it easy to move to strategic locations. And you just spam HE. Lovely.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,542 posts
7,567 battles

I got her.  And like her. Kept her even though I finished the line in February. 

Soft like Kirov and Emerald, so don't get yourself in a crossfire.  Solid guns, and a decent firestarter. 

Doesn't have the speed boost, but is fast anyway.

Plays like a DD.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,753 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

mitigate  her weak armor....but hell most cruisers have poor armor save a few.

Thing is, Emile Bertin has the  best armor at  tier V believe it  or  not. It's so thin that even DDs have trouble getting citadels. Her big weapon  is that she can go 39kts, making her more like a large destroyer than  a fast cruiser. 

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Emile and I got along pretty well.  Low sample size but with my 12 battles in her I managed a 83.33% Win Rate and 69,911 average damage.  At close ranges, it's arguably better to go against everything you've been taught in a cruiser and give those big guns your broadside.  Once I've got a few cruiser lines ground out some more I plan on buying her back

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles

Fast, good AP, good fire chance, good range, and 9km torps. More than one DD has been nailed in smoke by the long range fish. The gun range helps it uptier fairly well. It does 41kts with a speed flag. The only thing I don't like about her is the reload. An Omaha or Konigsberg can really give you fits with their faster reload if sailed well.

[SPTR]
Members
25,818 posts
11,131 battles

Emile Bertin is a speed tanking kiting ship, she moves at speeds that most DDs in her matchmaking range couldn't reach. the only thing I don't like about her is her reload time which is a base of 12 seconds on nine 152mm cylinders. so don't go very close as you will get out dpm'd by other cruisers unless you can utilise the agility to dodge shells to get close to launch torps.

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, dmckay said:

I have her.  Was just looking at a thread bout her and the overall evaluation was kinda negative.  Well I checked stat site and she has over a 53% win rate!  That is GOOD. I was surprised. So what is the issue?  I have not played her much but I gonna take her out in random and get some time in her and up the captain skills. Very very fast ship and that sure helps mitigate  her weak armor....but hell most cruisers have poor armor save a few. You got her?  You like her? Comments?  Has she gotten a bum rap from some? 

Wut? The Emile? Overall negative?

20151031_wait.jpg

She pretty much has perma-speed boost, great guns, agile and decent torps. She can actually outrun a BB salvo...OUTRUN a BB salvo! That's :Smile-_tongue:

If I was stuck with a single tier 5 cruiser it would be no question the Emile Bertin. You can do some hilarious things in that ship. She is a tier 5...

Bugatti-Chiron15-1.jpg

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

I want to like her but can't, so far. I have trouble dealing heavy damage in it when up-tiered, even with IFHE the slow reload really hurts the guns. I try to play using cover, hiding behind islands and spamming shells, but it doesn't bring good results.

Members
4,571 posts
6,518 battles
6 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

Wut? The Emile? Overall negative?

20151031_wait.jpg

She pretty much has perma-speed boost, great guns, agile and decent torps. She can actually outrun a BB salvo...OUTRUN a BB salvo! That's :Smile-_tongue:

If I was stuck with a single tier 5 cruiser it would be no question the Emile Bertin. You can do some hilarious things in that ship. She is a tier 5...

Bugatti-Chiron15-1.jpg

It was only 1 review.  I should look at others. I have not played her much in random but I have over 50% win rate for just a few games.  I just set her aside when I got Scharn but gonna play her now.

[SPTR]
Members
25,818 posts
11,131 battles

I don't know about you guys but it's pretty sad that this good ship is gonna get nerf soon, they are adding another second to it's main battery reload time then its torpedoes are getting replace by the same ones found on Duguay Trouin found at T4 before the Emile.

[AAA]
Members
440 posts
5,482 battles
3 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I don't know about you guys but it's pretty sad that this good ship is gonna get nerf soon, they are adding another second to it's main battery reload time then its torpedoes are getting replace by the same ones found on Duguay Trouin found at T4 before the Emile.

Why? Seriously WG? Leave it alone

Members
53 posts
1,565 battles

It's a pretty fun ship, I've been liking the french cruisers a lot after experiencing the Nurnberg grind.

Good torp range, good damage with IFHE. Very fast so re-positioning is easy, she seems to tank better than I expected too.

Members
38 posts
902 battles
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Rolkatsuki said:

Basically a faster Konigsberg with double the reload, half the torps, and no armor. What could go wrong?

Edited by Capt_PepsiHolic

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, Rolkatsuki said:

Where'd they say that? I'd like to read it.

Members
38 posts
902 battles
On 7/14/2018 at 3:56 AM, Vekta408 said:

Where'd they say that? I'd like to read it.

It's on the Facebook DevBlog.

The French cruiser Emile Bertin:
Increased the reload time of the Main Battery from 12 to 13 s.
Torpedoes 550-mm DT replaced by 550-mm 19D with the following characteristics:
Reload time: 84 s;
Damage from the torpedo: 12 233;
Torpedo speed: 57 knots;
Range: 6 km.
Possessing a specific armor scheme, guns with good ballistics and torpedoes with a long range, the ship showed excessive efficiency. Changes are necessary in order to bring the ship to balance at her tier.

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

It's on the Facebook DevBlog.

The French cruiser Emile Bertin:
Increased the reload time of the Main Battery from 12 to 13 s.
Torpedoes 550-mm DT replaced by 550-mm 19D with the following characteristics:
Reload time: 84 s;
Damage from the torpedo: 12 233;
Torpedo speed: 57 knots;
Range: 6 km.
Possessing a specific armor scheme, guns with good ballistics and torpedoes with a long range, the ship showed excessive efficiency. Changes are necessary in order to bring the ship to balance at her tier.

Don't think these particular changes are going to make that much of a difference.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,925 battles

1 sec slower in a life n death situation counted as it come down to who can fire the kill shots. With both players aiming for citadel hits at the most ideal environment at the same base skills 

Her armor are squishy, a t4 bbq can still wipe out her. A t5, a NY can citadel her even not calculated bow in charge. Her best are the torp range to fight n gain some advantage 9km counted. 6km is too close in to top or ambush without paying heavy price. 

I would be interested in the next patch neft as WG claimed to see how EB going to play out

• Cool 1

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, dmckay said:

Was just going to make a thread about her this morning.  Just started the French Cruiser grind and got EB last night.  Great ship.  Fast, good ballistics on guns,  decent fire starter, above average AP, black hole spaced armor, and great turret traverse.  She uptiers well to boot.

Her only downside really is her reload, bit long on CL caliber guns.  Hope it doesn't get nerfed, fun ship and surprising a rare T5 I would hold on to.

Got a 10 pt captain in her and so far have

PT - AR - DE - IFHE.  Had CE but respecced to try out IFHE and to ease the grind in La Gal.  Will respec back to CE once I hit the Algerie at T7 with the 203s.

Am moving through her quick with the performance I have put up in her.  About done in 14 battles with 79% WR and 50k average damage.

[CVA16]
Members
2,305 posts
9,899 battles
On 7/18/2018 at 8:32 AM, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Her best are the torp range to fight n gain some advantage 9km counted. 6km is too close in to top or ambush without paying heavy price. 

Being at 6K to most targets is probably not something a squishy CL specializing in speed tanking and long range gunnery wants to do. Reduces the torps to defensive weapons only. If WGs goal was to make this a meh-bote, they have probably succeeded.

Sign in to follow this