You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

WG - How about giving us Nevada as a Tier 5 premium?

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

Would love to have this ship and it would be a worthy addition to Tier 5.

I have a secret love of ships that don't have identical turrets.

[KSD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
139 posts
5,081 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Would love to have this ship and it would be a worthy addition to Tier 5.

I have a secret love of ships that don't have identical turrets.

How about checking to make sure other threads didn't already exist concerning this ship?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?q=Nevada&type=forums_topic&nodes=35&sortby=newest&search_in=titles

• Bad 5

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Wouldn't bet on WG making any T5 premiums with the crap MM T5 gets.  They just simply wouldn't sell many unless they made them OP.

[INTEL]
Members
6,665 posts
25,789 battles
16 minutes ago, _TracerBullet_ said:

How about checking to make sure other threads didn't already exist concerning this ship?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?q=Nevada&type=forums_topic&nodes=35&sortby=newest&search_in=titles

What? You mean Search? Seriously? That would be OP.

People are lazy and want to rehash.

Now wait for a resurrection of the "S" word.

That said, I wouldn't mind Nevada at T5.

• Bad 4

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles
10 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

What? You mean Search? Seriously? That would be OP.

People are lazy and want to rehash.

Now wait for a resurrection of the "S" word.

That said, I wouldn't mind Nevada at T5.

Heck players ask all the time to add a ship that has already been discussed many times in threads. Now, how bout adding subs?  Might be cool.  Has this ever been brought up? :Smile_Default:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
56 minutes ago, _TracerBullet_ said:

Well according to your search there’s nothing more recent than 2016.  If it hasn’t been discussed in 2 years with its own thread it’s worth bringing up.  In any case, old threads or not, if I want to bring something up in a new thread that hasn’t been discussed in a while, I’m free to do it.   At least this isn’t a radar thread.  Where are your “search” posts in those?

So how about keeping your useless, irrelevant post out of the thread?

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
29 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

It's better to save it for a future usn bb line split

Is a U.S. BB split really in the cards at this point though?  Your top tier slots would have to be occupied by a bunch of paper ships.

Better just to bring in the best of the rest as premiums.

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Is a U.S. BB split really in the cards at this point though?  Your top tier slots would have to be occupied by a bunch of paper ships.

Tillman Class to fill up the higher tiers Tengublade has a whole series of articles on reddit delegates to a USN BB Split worth looking them up in your spare time. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
4 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Tillman Class to fill up the higher tiers Tengublade has a whole series of articles on reddit delegates to a USN BB Split worth looking them up in your spare time. 

Thanks, but you're kinda making my point for me.  Tillman was a design study.  Do we really need more design study ships in the game?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, Aeries1 said:

Wouldn't bet on WG making any T5 premiums with the crap MM T5 gets.  They just simply wouldn't sell many unless they made them OP.

Honestly, the better option would be to swap Nevada out for NY, improving the Tier 5 U.S. BB that is known to be weak, and making the tech tree ship more distinct from the premium that is already out there.  I kinda see that as a lost cause though as it's not a revenue-generating move for WG.

Alpha Tester
1,965 posts

I have a soft spot for any BB that was present during the Pearl Harbor attack, Nevada especially because she was the only one that managed to set sail that day. Personally I would love to see her in her 1941 condition, before her modernization.

uss___nevada_____general_view_by_lioness

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles
47 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

On an aside, when I saw thins, I thought it was for the Pennsylvania class, which I think, but haven't checked to verify, is a more recent thread. 

While I'd like to see a second line of US BBs, it would need to be more than just more Standards. The cruiser split happened because the CL and CA play styles are different enough that the Worchester and Dex Moinse aren't stepping on each others toes. The 14" Standards are all basically Tier 6 BB's, except the Nevada at T5, but having Standards at T5-7 would give the whole line to much uniformity across the range.

I agree it would make an interesting Premium, or an interesting New York swap, but don't think a Standards line split would help much. 

Now a line of the US battle cruisers would be rather interesting, though the paper ships would probably top out around t7. That said, there isn't a T7 US BB premium yet, and it looked like the Alaska will be a TX cruiser so, Lexington for T7 Premium? 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

I have a soft spot for any BB that was present during the Pearl Harbor attack, Nevada especially because she was the only one that managed to set sail that day. Personally I would love to see her in her 1941 condition, before her modernization.

uss___nevada_____general_view_by_lioness

Well for a Tier 5 I'm assuming she'd have to be in 1941 config.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,360 battles

She would be a nice addition, I don't see her as being particularly high priority though.

The US is pretty well off for battleship premiums with Texas, Arizona, Alabama, Massachusetts and Missouri. It's not a vital niche.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
19 minutes ago, mofton said:

She would be a nice addition, I don't see her as being particularly high priority though.

The US is pretty well off for battleship premiums with Texas, Arizona, Alabama, Massachusetts and Missouri. It's not a vital niche.

Plenty of room for a West Virginia at Tier 7 in that list!  ;)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,360 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Plenty of room for a West Virginia at Tier 7 in that list!  ;)

I'd like to see her, though I wouldn't buy her. T7 is a gap, though the USN's not hurting for premiums overall.

With Lyon now generating 83 DPS at 5km and 185 DPS at 3.5km and Gneisenau doing 136/61 it's hard to object to a WV's AA which would be about 121/159.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,336 posts
3,959 battles
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

To be fair, a lot of top tiers are filled by paper ships.  I think the bigger exceptions are the Americans, the Japanese, and a bit of the Russians (though they mostly used Cold War tech).

I don't mind having a standard battleship line vs the fast battleship line.  I'm more fond of the giant sluggers anyways :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles
23 hours ago, Aeries1 said:

Yep. Lotta of us have stopped buying T5 premiums since WG wrecked T5 and T6 to sell more high tier premiums. I think I have purchased one since that happened. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Lets See where WG has pointed their Bow before we ask for more Ships.

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,598 battles
7 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well for a Tier 5 I'm assuming she'd have to be in 1941 config.

I would think so. The problem is that in that config she isn't that different from Arizona other than missing 2 guns. Also if they were going to do a T5 version of the Nevada class I would suspect it would be Oklahoma since that how she looked when she sank. That would leave them with the option to use Nevada in her final state, which is probably too powerful for T5:

Spoiler

See the source image

Edited by Tzarevitch

[HRDP]
Members
2,725 posts
8,293 battles
10 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Thanks, but you're kinda making my point for me.  Tillman was a design study.  Do we really need more design study ships in the game?

If you don't like them, you don't have to play them, its that simple. No one is making you play the paper ships. But some of us actually do like the what if designs.

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
11 hours ago, landedkiller said:

It's better to save it for a future usn bb line split

Given that a second line of USN BB's would just be several more 21-knot dreadnaughts like Florida, Nevada and Pennsylvania with some obscure design studies for higher tiers, I don't think it would generate a ton of excitement.  Plus the fact we already have 7 USN standard BB's in the game as-is.

No rush, WG.

Alpha Tester
1,965 posts
3 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I would think so. The problem is that in that config she isn't that different from Arizona other than missing 2 guns. Also if they were going to do a T5 version of the Nevada class I would suspect it would be Oklahoma since that how she looked when she sank. That would leave them with the option to use Nevada in her final state, which is probably too powerful for T5:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

A modernized Nevada wouldn't be that different from West Virginia either. Besides, the Arizona we have in WoWS is in a fantasy configuration, a "what-if" she had survived Pearl Harbor to be fitted with 1.1" AA guns and a radar antenna on her foremast, a refit that only her sister ship Pennsylvania received (along with splinter shields for the 5" DP guns and 20mm Oerlikons replacing the M2 Brownings). Thus we still don't have a historical version of any BB that was at Pearl Harbor when Japan attacked. Seeing as Nevada was the only BB that sailed that day, I think she makes the perfect candidate.

45 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, South Dakota belong in a future USN BB line split. Period.

Unless WG confirms they are working on a USN BB split (and I doubt they are), it's all pure speculation.

• Cool 1