You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Alsace getting Nerf'd

75 comments in this topic

Members
1,546 posts
8,210 battles

Hey

According to the WOWS Dev Blog, it looks like the Alsace is getting Nerf'd.  Reload is going from 30s to 32s, and the Sigma is going from 1.7 to 1.6.  "Balancing they say.  She's too good for the competition at T9, instead of maybe buffing the under performing at T9, so more people are happy.  We all know Izumo and FDG needs a good deal of help but no.

Pete

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Both the ships you mention are gate keepers... so from their perspective, it's better to drop the over performing ship so it too can serve as a gate keeper. 

Maybe? :cap_wander:

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles

It's about time.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 9

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Bout damned time

• Boring 1
  • Bad 6

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
33 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's about time.

Is Alsace overperforming statistically Lert?

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Excluding premiums, Alsace currently has the highest win rate, highest average frags, highest average damage, highest average XP, and highest kill/death ratio out of all the T9 tech tree BBs.  I'd say she's performing exceptionally well.

Capture.JPG

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
11 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

According to WG, apparently.

According to me, it has been a bit too strong ever since introduction.

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Well hopefully these changes are all that is needed and people will calm down about it eventually.

Members
1,577 posts
10,000 battles

Alsace was becoming my favorite BB. It could give any tier 10 a run for its money. I was in no hurry grind the Republic as it has four less guns upfront, almost a downgrade. 
I refuse to play Izumo after playing her on PTS. She is crazy awful and needs a very serious buff. I can see why many free xp past Izumo

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,422 posts

If Alsace needs a nerf then 31s reload and leaving the sigma alone would've been fine.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[LDC]
Members
15 posts
3,505 battles

I just spent a great deal of time grinding, spending XP's and the credits. And at present I don't regret it..

Nerfing a T9 BB that has one of, if not the lowest caliber guns is asinine. Ignorance at it's best. Taking the stats from this short of time frame? RNG Gods favor a T9 ship for a while and "Holy hell! We have to put a stop to that right now!!" So why stop there? Lets just go ahead and nerf ALL the T9 BB's. T8 BB's while we are at it. Lets move the gate back .... hell lets say T7! Guess I need to shut the hell up, huh? The Lyon can be considered a good ship also.....

Answer this for me: With the vast majority of the games being played within a Tier 10 meta. Players can't have a ship or ships even remotely competitive and fun? There is plenty fodder out there for the T10 ships as it is now. 

Oh wait, Is there a premium ship being introduced with the present Alsace stats? Well why didn't you just say so?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles

No need for this at all. The ship is fine as is. It's a fun to play well rounded and balanced ship. Maybe that is why it does well vs the other T9's where at least 2 of them suck rotten eggs. Maybe instead of trying to nerf Alsace down to the lowest common denominator try tweaking the underperforming ships instead. Also, it's numbers are not so crazy better than the others to say it is OP and needs nerfing. This will ruin the ship just like the Konig sigma nerf ruined it.

• Cool 4

[TSG4]
Members
8 posts
4,613 battles

So because it's win rate is so high it must be the ship?  No, it's the players.   The ship is meh,  and honestly I don't like playing it but I'm grinding it.   Give it 3 months and the ship will fall back toward the normal parameters of tier 9 bb's.  The thing I really despise about wargaming is how they make nerfs like this then they go buff the crap out of ships that didn't even need it.  They sure know how to suck the fun out of playing their games. 

Edited by Omega_gunner
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles

Unicums love it. There's a million vids on it...it's used in cancer divs constantly. That should tell you all you need to know. It's become the preferred clubber ship at T9...which means it will absolutely suck for me now whenever I get to it LOL

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,546 posts
8,210 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 12:54 PM, Omega_gunner said:

So because it's win rate is so high it must be the ship?  No, it's the players.   The ship is meh,  and honestly I don't like playing it but I'm grinding it.   Give it 3 months and the ship will fall back toward the normal parameters of tier 9 bb's.  The thing I really despise about wargaming is how they make nerfs like this then they go buff the crap out of ships that didn't even need it.  They sure know how to suck the fun out of playing their games. 

Hey

Don't worry about Wargaming; they might take the Diana and put larger 11in. guns on it and add 600mm armor and move it to tier 4 for balancing of course.  No bias intended. jk

Pete

Members
1,546 posts
8,210 battles
On 7/10/2018 at 9:19 AM, Lert said:

Hey

Well Lert; you have to admit that this game is getting more and more unbalanced as time goes by.  Instead of getting better overall, it's getting worse from a balancing perspective and in some cases much worse.  Like Radar for one and there is still plenty of invisible fire in the game.

Pete

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
Just now, sasquatch_research said:

Well Lert; you have to admit

No. I don't. Because i disagree with that.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

Well damn - I never get to play the OP ships...  Just got the ship but trying to grind the B hull and engine upgrade in the Rich.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

1.6 sigma at T9 with 15" guns?  And 32 sec?  Just went from solid and fun to suffer through and auto sell.  And following the stupid HE RN line with the weak hull and super heal crutch, we get a battleship we actually enjoy playing and it's nerfed?  Screw that.  Stick it in with the Iowa now that doesn't have access to a dispersion module.

We really need a better game.  1.6 sigma at T9, 15" guns.  I don't know offhand but how exactly does that compare to the rest vis the numbers?

Edited by BullHalsey
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,546 posts
8,210 battles
8 hours ago, Lert said:

No. I don't. Because i disagree with that.

Hey

Yes, I guess it's never good to bite the hand that feeds.

Pete

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,232 posts
12,759 battles
4 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Yes, I guess it's never good to bite the hand that feeds.

Pete

Suuuuuuure. Riiiiiiiiiiight. Because people are either with you or WG shills, amirite?

Kid, you just lost any shred of credibility you might've had.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[WORX]
Members
1,861 posts
12,904 battles

Its about time the ship gets the WOWS nerf bat. We have to many OP BBs running all over the place, it will balance out with out compromising her. I say its good for the matches to come.

• Bad 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles
12 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

1.6 sigma at T9 with 15" guns?  And 32 sec?  Just went from solid and fun to suffer through and auto sell.  And following the stupid HE RN line with the weak hull and super heal crutch, we get a battleship we actually enjoy playing and it's nerfed?  Screw that.  Stick it in with the Iowa now that doesn't have access to a dispersion module.

We really need a better game.  1.6 sigma at T9, 15" guns.  I don't know offhand but how exactly does that compare to the rest vis the numbers?

Figures represent fully upgraded ships but no modules that affect range/reload/accuracy

Alsace:

• 3X4 380MM
  • 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 13.05m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 11900 AP / 5400 36% HE
  • Current Reload - 30 sec / Nerfed Reload - 32 sec
  • Current Sigma - 1.7 / Nerfed Sigma 1.6

FDG:

• 4X2 406MM
  • 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 12700 AP / 4800 38% HE
  • Reload - 28 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

• 4X2 420MM
  • 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 13500 AP / 5000 41% HE
  • Reload - 32 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

Lion:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 20.7km Max Range
  • 267m Dispersion
  • 12.9m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 12600 AP / 6900 46% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8 (I think)

• 3X3 419MM
  • 20.7km Max Range
  • 267m Dispersion
  • 12.9m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13000 AP / 7200 48% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8 (I think)

Izumo:

• 3X3 410MM
  • 21.7km Max Range
  • 240m Dispersion
  • 11.06m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 12900 AP / 6500 30% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

Musashi:

• 3X3 460MM
  • 26.5km Max Range
  • 274m Dispersion
  • 10.34m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 14800 AP / 7300 35% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

Iowa:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 23.3km Max Range
  • 293m Dispersion
  • 12.57m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13500 AP / 5700 36% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.9

Missouri:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 23.4km Max Range
  • 294m Dispersion
  • 12.56m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13500 AP / 5700 36% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.9

So WG is nerfing the guns on the T9 BB with the worst statistical T9 BB guns in the game. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
1,546 posts
8,210 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Suuuuuuure. Riiiiiiiiiiight. Because people are either with you or WG shills, amirite?

Kid, you just lost any shred of credibility you might've had.

Hey

Ah come on; can't have any fun anymore.  By the way; I'm not a kid, I am 53.  Cheers.

P.S.  Credibility, nobody cares that much of what I have to say, I'm just another average player among thousands.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research
  • Cool 1