You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Shall I buy Kronshtadt, having Musashi, Missouri, Nelson?

23 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,240 posts
12,789 battles

I'm enjoying her, a lot. She's a 'cruiser' with 230mm belt, more health than Bismarck and roughly the same pen as Bismarck on high-velocity railguns. Citadeling broadside Montanas at 15km never gets old.

Watch this:

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles

I would. But I'm a ship hoarder collector, so I might be a little biased. If I had the free cash for doubloons for a FXP conversion, I would have Nelson, Musashi & Kronshtadt already.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles
46 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

So far I did not see great reviews about this ship. I am wondering if I shall save FXP until the next FXP ship. (maybe a T9 DD?)

Well I don't play my Musashi at all.  I play Missouri rarely and Kron occasionally.  So maybe that helps.

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

Got the Kron a little while ago, already had the three free exp BB ( play all three pretty regularly).  Was a nice addition to have a premium tier 9 cruiser, fun to play and only costs 1 credit ( though upgrades not included).  It is a worthwhile get vs free exp’ing part of a line.  Now need a free exp DD to be developed.

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,138 battles

Kron seems really good, can be very tanky, hits hard, has radar, huge HP, etc... I have MO so no need for Mushashi, I would skip Nelson as well, although I dont own the ship. Just go with what suits you, I like BBs, I need credits all the time so I got MO. If you like high tier cruiser play get Kron.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,122 battles

I'd say wait.  With the recent unnecessary buff to Moskva, she can do 75% of what Kronshtadt can do for the price of free.

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,002 battles

Im still figuring it out but like it a lot and play it like a U.S. light cruiser seems fine with me . like it a bunch more then the nelson plush a trainer for the Russians never hurt . 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
669 posts
12,374 battles

If you have all other free XP i can see your tempo in play.

You should buy it because nothing else coming around soon. So till then, you will have another 700k xp.

I bought Kronstad and have another 250k Free xp ready 

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

You can save for another Free XP ship, or use the Free XP to bypass a difficult tier IX ship. I love doing grinds all the way up including grinding modules on ships because it can really make you grateful for having upgrades once you get them. But tier IX ships like Izumo push that a little too far, so free XP at tier IX is very useful. Currently saving free XP to go from Mogami to Zao, mostly because as free to play player I only can scrape together the credits for 1 of the ships right now and can’t afford to buy both ships and their upgrades this summer and will need Zao for Clan Wars. And Ibuki has questionable reputation like the Izumo has.

Now ships like Fletcher have good reputations and do not require being bypassed so good to do your research since it can save a lot of free XP by just doing the Grinds.

Buying the Russian tier IX Free XP ship is questionable to say the least, although I am a little biased since I do not like Russian ships, and do not use that nation in WOWs, and is the only nation I will not use. Only have used Diana 2 battles to give my personal opinion and experience to a friend on that ship and that was only reason I used that ship or any Russian ship at all. 3 years ago some friends and I ran some tests and compared the game to historical versions of tanks and found a lot of the real world data was put into the tanks with only some tweaking for game purposes. But they took on their historical characteristics reasonably well, after careful comparisons and rigorous testing.  From what I can tell the ships take on general characteristics of their real versions with some variations.

And Russian ships were never all that good, and only meant for coastal operations mostly. This was thanks to Russia having to be more land focused in their military spending, which made sense thanks to their position in Asia and they did end up with decent mechanized land and air forces and in large numbers, but ships not so much. You will notice their only BBs were WWI versions back when they started attempting to compete with other nations, then gave up and just stuck  to some cruisers and DDs to help as I said Guard their coastal waters.

Members
2,409 posts
7,726 battles

IMO, yes. Its a great ship and has a different playstyle than other ships. Im having a lot of fun playing mine.

Keep in mind though, that its not a easy ship. Despite the size and gun calliber, Kron is still a cruiser. I see many players that play this ship like a BB and they just die really fast.

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

I also have Missouri, Nelson, and Musashi, and am up to 700k Free XP.  I figured Kronstadt was easily next, but with hints of Alaska I may wait at least until the announcement of how it will be made available.  If it will also be a Free XP ship I will have a decision to make.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,112 posts
11,963 battles

Free XP ships incentivize me to buy papa papa signals and suffer the full grind thru weak ships

Members
1,084 posts
6,004 battles
On 7/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, desmo_2 said:

I also have Missouri, Nelson, and Musashi, and am up to 700k Free XP.  I figured Kronstadt was easily next, but with hints of Alaska I may wait at least until the announcement of how it will be made available.  If it will also be a Free XP ship I will have a decision to make.

Let's see...

Its present stats on wows-numbers.com for the NA server show it has the highest win rate among T9 cruisers, by a margin of 2.5%, it is tops for damage, doing 16% more damage than #2 on the board, and it is #1 for K/D ratio, more than 25% higher than the 2 ship on the board.

I plan on getting the Kronshtadt, and have enough doubloons to convert the Free XP I lack. I'm trying to be frugal with the doubloons and grind more Free XP so as to have 5000 doubloons available for a T10 permacamo for my new Des Moines.

There are two things that could affect my plan:

1. Alaska, and how it is acquired. Alhough the laser gun vs. floaty shell arc consideration pretty much sets it in stone for me: I don't plan on getting a T9 FreeXP cruiser to hide behind islands with it.

2. The new and various WoWs economies (coal, steel, Free XP, etc.) we now have. My plan right now says Free XP for Kronshtadt, coal for Musashi...but what if WoWs moves ships between economies? Yeah, right now, both of those are available via Free XP, but I'll have have enough coal for a T9 premium long before I have enough Free XP to grab a second, after spending the current wad on the first. What if I grab Kronshtadt via Free XP, eagerly anticipating soon thereafter a Musashi from coal, only to hear the Musashi is being switched out of the arsenal? Do I allow myself to become paralyzed, waiting until I have enough coal AND enough Free XP?

That's the difficulty with these various economies now...more ways to acquire things, but more ways to get weeks-long/months-long plans voided.

• Boring 1